Finasteride Microdosing Test (0.033 Mg Ed)

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is that real?

I mean, guy runs basically 0 hairloss and umm.... To be honest, what are you doing?

topicalthunder

My Regimen
Reaction score
Almost finished my first 2 month supply. Next batch will be 0.075mg/day. No side effects. Hair looking thicker - hairline stayed constant.

I’d go to 0.1mg/day, as per Mazzarella study. They used 0.005% solution twice daily and reported no change in serum levels of DHT/testosterone, just reduced shedding.

Arne Reyns

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can’t say my hairline has improved but my hair is certainly feeling stronger and I shed less.

absolutely no side-effects which is such a blessing.

Sounds good. Can u tell me about you hair loss (duration/severeness) before u used medication?

INT

Reaction score
For how long have you been on minoxidil before you started your current fina run btw?

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to throw in my experience. With low dose finasteride.

For 8 months i did 1mg no real change and always shedding and then I dropped .5 cause i had gyno symptoms. Then a few months later i dropped to .25 no obvious change then 2 months ago i went to .15 and i noticed my skin wasn't dry anymore. Still hd gyno symptoms

Finally today i am doing .08mg and i hope i this inhibits 40% of dht and i stay on this dose. My strength is back and my libido is back too

Arne Reyns

My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to throw in my experience. With low dose finasteride.

For 8 months i did 1mg no real change and always shedding and then I dropped .5 cause i had gyno symptoms. Then a few months later i dropped to .25 no obvious change then 2 months ago i went to .15 and i noticed my skin wasn't dry anymore. Still hd gyno symptoms

Finally today i am doing .08mg and i hope i this inhibits 40% of dht and i stay on this dose. My strength is back and my libido is back too

So you are saying that it reduced your hair loss and now with the reduced dose your hair loss is still reduced? How was your hair loss prior to medication?

Thanks

Arne Reyns

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice tot hear. How do u get/make your topical finasteride? U am now combining finasteride with alcohol, pg and water. But i read that 'liposomal' is way better' is that really so? And u know how you make it?

INT

Reaction score
5 Propecia tablets crushes and put into a 60mg minoxidil bottle and apply 1ml a day (0.83mg finasteride/day).

How do you crush them actually? My knife technique for cutting pills leaves much to be desired.

INT

Reaction score
Interesting experiment. One guy also uses topical duta. @Mustang

Go topical dutasteride
I have been on it for 3 months now. Completely stopped my hair loss and zero side effects as compared with oral finasteride which was not as effective.
Best part is I only apply 2ml once a month. Half life of the drug is so long that you don't need daily usage.

Interesting find for sure.

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Close to be 2 months in 0,10 mg E.D topical finasteride.

For now, nothing to report. No improvement, nor shedding.

Will wait till the 6 months mark to conclude

INT

Reaction score
Interesting experiment. One guy also uses topical duta. @Mustang

Go topical dutasteride
I have been on it for 3 months now. Completely stopped my hair loss and zero side effects as compared with oral finasteride which was not as effective.
Best part is I only apply 2ml once a month. Half life of the drug is so long that you don't need daily usage.

Did some more search on this. A hair transplant close to where I used to live happens to sell topical dutasteride and they give a potential explanation of why topical dutasteride might cause fewer side effects than (oral) finasteride.

"The idea behind topical dutasteride has to do with the chemical properties compared to finasteride. At the molecular level, dutasteride is more difficult to deliver as a topical agent to be absorbed through the skin due to the size of dutasteride molecules. They are larger than those of finasteride. This difficulty however becomes an advantage as the difficulty to get past the subcutaneous layer may prevent systemic absorption. The molecular size prevents deep penetration. In addition, dutasteride has a high lipophilicity of 4.94, compared to 3.03 of finasteride, which means it is less water soluble than finasteride or more “greasy”. This higher lipophilicity can in theory help dutasteride to remain in the skin longer as these properties tend to preclude the paracellular and follicular routes of ingress into the skin."

https://fuehairdoctor.co.uk/topical-dutasteride-dr-lupanzula/

Think I will open a separate topic about this

Korbu

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you use to filter the solution once you have added the crushed finasteride pills to minoxidil ? Do you think I can use a coffee filter ?

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, how is it going?
I just wanted to bump this channel with a personal update.
I've been doing Mazzarella dosage (0.01% o.d) for nearly 3 months now (in a week).
Shedding or sides-wise, I have not much to report.

Hair looking better over time but hairline unchanged.

Sadly, I am experiencing the opposite: my hair got considerably thinner to the point that it's see-through. Hair shafts turned noticeably wimpier and more brittle. I wonder whether it could be a reaction to the topical carrier, but I have taken this carrier in the past for other molecules.

I will wait for 6-month results before deciding whether I keep this in my regimen or not.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think i'm at 0.1mg/day now. I'll probably just keep it here.
That is 6 Propecia tablets into 1 60ml bottle of regaine.
Any side effects`? If i remember you started topical finasteride because you got side effects from oral.
0.1mg is a effective oral dosage to maximally reduce serum DHT after all

Ausgebombt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting. I did topical 0.25 mg/day for 5 months but I never saw any signs that the drug was doing anything during that time.

When I dropped topical, I started taking oral finasteride and got hit with sides right away. The sides were super noticeable (zero morning wood, no sex drive, achy nuts, thin jizz) and continued until I stopped taking oral finasteride 3 months later. From this experience I concluded that I am definitely susceptible to finasteride sides, but topical 0.25 mg wasn't enough to cause them.

After seeing that Mozzarella (1997) study, I regret not continuing topical finasteride during my experiment with oral. It seems topical finasteride just takes longer to work (>1 year?).

The Caserini (2015) Polichem phase II study is pretty useless in my opinion. DHT measurements were taken after just 7 days! The data indicates that even ORAL dosages <0.2 mg do not reach a stead-state point of DHT suppression even at day 14. Since topical finasteride absorbs into the blood stream much more slowly than oral, measuring DHT levels after just 7 days is a joke. On top of this, the Polichem phase III studiy didn't even measure DHT levels at all! That should clearly indicate that the researchers over thereat Polichem aren't very confident that their topical product doesn't lower serum DHT levels just as much as oral finasteride.

From my own research, I've concluded there are only two hopes for topical finasteride:

First, even at high doses of topical finasteride, the level of finasteride that reaches the blood stream is significantly reduce compared to oral. So even though you might be inhibiting the same amount of serum DHT, it might be possible to dodge the side effects that are caused directly by the finasteride in you bloodstream.

Second, there might be a magical level of microdosing that will reduce DHT at the scalp without impacting serum DHT levels. The Mozarella study seems to indicate this is achievable.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im surprised you didnt get side effects from 0.25mg finasteride. Thats a really high dose, but its good to hear that.
Was it your own mixed finasteride or was it compounded/pharma grade topical finasteride.

"So even though you might be inhibiting the same amount of serum DHT, it might be possible to dodge the side effects that are caused directly by the finasteride in you bloodstream." This is contradictionary. Lowered serum DHT is what causes side effects. Once the drug reaches the bloodstream, it will reach all tissue in your body including the organs where most of the 5ar is located at and your dick, obviously.