Finasteride Microdosing Test (0.033 Mg Ed)

INT

Reaction score
Im surprised you didnt get side effects from 0.25mg finasteride. Thats a really high dose, but its good to hear that.
Was it your own mixed finasteride or was it compounded/pharma grade topical finasteride.

"So even though you might be inhibiting the same amount of serum DHT, it might be possible to dodge the side effects that are caused directly by the finasteride in you bloodstream." This is contradictionary. Lowered serum DHT is what causes side effects. Once the drug reaches the bloodstream, it will reach all tissue in your body including the organs where most of the 5ar is located at and your dick, obviously.

We do not know if this is what actually causes most of the side effects

Ausgebombt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im surprised you didnt get side effects from 0.25mg finasteride. Thats a really high dose, but its good to hear that.
Was it your own mixed finasteride or was it compounded/pharma grade topical finasteride.

"So even though you might be inhibiting the same amount of serum DHT, it might be possible to dodge the side effects that are caused directly by the finasteride in you bloodstream." This is contradictionary. Lowered serum DHT is what causes side effects. Once the drug reaches the bloodstream, it will reach all tissue in your body including the organs where most of the 5ar is located at and your dick, obviously.

Yeah we don’t actually know why the side effects happen. Many people jump to the conclusion that all side effects are caused by low serum DHT, but the 5ar enzyme and finasteride itself might have other mechanisms of action that lead to some of the side effects.

I mixed my own by dissolving pills ethanol/pg I’m not a chemist but I don’t see a reason why this wouldn’t work.

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairline starting to improve now 5 months in. Hair constantly also thickening up.

I still get odd days where I shed a lot though. Eve but shedding is done in general though.

Hey there,

I am 4 months in (0,1 mg a day as well).

The first 2-3 months were awful, with a lot of shedding, oily skin (not the case anymore for the latter). It seems the shedding has diminished back to what it was prior to starting the treatment but there are odd days where I shed a lot too, as you put it. The only thing that bothers me is the scalp itchiness (which, I want to believe, comes from the vehicle).

I have yet to see benefits from this regimen, as it seems to me I lost more density since implementing the Mazzarella regimen. I will wait at least the 1-year mark, and update meanwhile.

Reactions: INT

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey there,

I am 4 months in (0,1 mg a day as well).

The first 2-3 months were awful, with a lot of shedding, oily skin (not the case anymore for the latter). It seems the shedding has diminished back to what it was prior to starting the treatment but there are odd days where I shed a lot too, as you put it. The only thing that bothers me is the scalp itchiness (which, I want to believe, comes from the vehicle).

I have yet to see benefits from this regimen, as it seems to me I lost more density since implementing the Mazzarella regimen. I will wait at least the 1-year mark, and update meanwhile.
Would you say your shedding started immediatly after taking the first pill? (a couple of days?)

push through the sheds

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you say your shedding started immediatly after taking the first pill? (a couple of days?)

push through the sheds

Hmmm, I would say it started after 15 to 30 days in, and lasted for a good 2 months. During this time, my skin went extremely greasy and I even got a couple of pimples on my skin (it had been at least 5 years since I last had any pimple). I am 100% sure it was due to hormonal shift (my body adjusting) which led me to think that even at 0.1mg, it goes systemic.

Anyway, shedding has been back to its normal course : I find 10 strands of hair on my pillow every morning, get 1 on my hand everytime I run my hand in my scalp and have to clean the shower hole so as not to get it clogged after shampoo.

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just ordered some stuff which is been known of increasing the skin barrier and will use it for month hoping it will decrease topical side effects

blub10

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dont want to recommend things I didnt test yet. But google skin impairment treatment

Things like ceramides, urea etc.

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh wow, great find INT!

Also purely anecdotal but I've never seen anyone reporting side effects using a topical duta formulation, or atleast I can't remember.
What would be a good medium to dissolve Avodart tablets? I still have some left as I stopped taking them because of sides, and what would love to try a topical out of those.

edddys08

My Regimen
Reaction score
Close to be 2 months in 0,10 mg E.D topical finasteride.

For now, nothing to report. No improvement, nor shedding.

Will wait till the 6 months mark to conclude

Any update now after 4 months I would be interested to start also.

thanks

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any update now after 4 months I would be interested to start also.

thanks

I just made an update 1 week ago (on the last page of this thread).
Had a massive shedding for a month leaving me with less density and the feeling of thin hair
Shedding has diminished back to its normal level (pre-microdosed topical experiment) but an itching has developed.
I don't expect immediate results but I am a bit worried as the hair shafts I shed are way more miniaturized now

Anyway, I'll update regularly but don't expect weekly messages

Ausgebombt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oldest to newest for the pics below. Looking at the hairline - I would say it's slightly better. Hair thickness is much better though. Still shed, but not as badly as before.

Oldest:

View attachment 142014

At a midpoint I can't remember:
View attachment 142015

Today:
View attachment 142016 View attachment 142017

Nice pics. It’s honestly hard for me to tell a difference. Your hair looked good at the start and it looks good now, but if you’ve perceived a difference that’s what is important.

What dosage are you on now?

Ausgebombt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
7 1mg propecia tablets into 60ml of regaine. So .117mg/day.

Well it's good you don't have side effects. I did 0.25 mg topically and never got sides.

I gotta say though, you don't appear to have hair loss at all. So while I appreciate your contribution to science here, I would question why you are concerned about your hair in the first place.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol, i've been following the progression and posts of someone who has a NW0.5 hairline and wants a NW0 hairline instead.
what a waste of time

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Better than going from NW0.5 to NW1. It's the idea of stopping hair loss.

I don't get it. It's no badge of honour having an NW2 or something.
The idea is I am losing hair, it's early into it's loss. I would like to stop/keep it where it is.
Hairlines like that are regular, normal male hairlines. They dont indicate hairloss. You can be a NW2 at 18 and still be a thick NW2 at 60. What you did is restore the hairline of your childhood. Something not even adult women have.
Either way nothing really wrong with it.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol, i've been following the progression and posts of someone who has a NW0.5 hairline and wants a NW0 hairline instead.
what a waste of time

I'm NW0 from NW2 after a hair transplant and maintaining and boosting results with topical finasteride.

Finasteride really is the best in the world at what it does.

Last edited:

skyline999

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where do you guys get finasteride solution in the UK from? Is it ready mixed with minoxidil?