Finasteride Has Made Me Retarded (serious)

Pleasenotsoearly

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man thank you for your post. Everyone on here insults me. Here are sides i've experiened

- 0 libido
- very poor memory
- feel nervous/anxious
- feel very slow in the brain
- dark circles under eyes/watery eyes/
- facial puffiniess

I'm thinking about stopping . i've been on 2-3 months but it's just not worth it anymore. I feel like shell of my former self. I've been going gym, eating the same foods, everything is the same except fr finasteride!. I feel like pure sh*t. I don't want to go bald though i'm already short and pale i don't know what to do. i feel suicidal. I don't know who i am anymore. I feel anonymous in real life. like i'm disconnected.

First of all don’t panic man.
I would suggest quit taking finasteride immediately if you feel this way.
Keep exercising and eating healthy and be patient.
You’re sides will start to resolve slowly.

Reach out to friends and family if you feel suicidal/severly depressed.
Feel free to DM me as well.

There are far more important things in life, than just hair.

Build your confidence by developing strong character and good set of skills.

Focus on things that are under your control, instead of being upset about preprogrammed genetical things.

Don’t make things which don’t last/out of your control to define your personality.

You’re more than just your hair.

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all don’t panic man.
I would suggest quit taking finasteride immediately if you feel this way.
Keep exercising and eating healthy and be patient.
You’re sides will start to resolve slowly.

Reach out to friends and family if you feel suicidal/severly depressed.
Feel free to DM me as well.

There are far more important things in life, than just hair.

Build your confidence by developing strong character and good set of skills.

Focus on things that are under your control, instead of being upset about preprogrammed genetical things.

Don’t make things which don’t last/out of your control to define your personality.

You’re more than just your hair.

i don't know hwat to do man, my hair is part of my life, iv'e sbeen styling my hair since i was a kid. Wtf do i do. no one believes my sides. but i feel awful on this sh*t. nthing has changed except this drug. I feel numb in real life and weird. if i stop for a few months will my hair get real bad?

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Serious sides are rare from finasteride, and they probably always disappear after discontinuation if they were caused by the drug. People start losing their hair as they get older, so they jump on finasteride. A couple years later they hit 40 and develop ED. It's normal in today's unhealthy society for people to develop ED at 40.

Even if people like you describe exist for sure, so do people who did not develop naturally ED and got it from finasteride, even after discontinuation and even if you chose to believe it or not. There are percentages at any age of men who will develop some kind of infertility, from 30% at the age of 30, 40% at 40, 50% and so on, do you really think that only those percentages are taking finasteride or between them there could be also people who don't have ED and get it from finasteride, besides the fact that it's a pretty well documented side effect that even appears on the f*****g drugs leaflet..

There is no possible way for somebody over the internet to know if the person reporting sides is having a placebo effect or if he is really getting them, or if he is really getting them from the drug or from an already underlying condition that maybe could be triggered by the drug, or if he would have developed it anyways because of age or other related factors that could trigger or contribute to such things, you could start assuming and believing whatever based on their comments and so on but that does not mean that your gonna be actually right and who says otherwise is beyond delusional and nobody should take such a persons opinions seriously or even worse, as facts.

Last edited:

Pleasenotsoearly

My Regimen
Reaction score
i don't know hwat to do man, my hair is part of my life, iv'e sbeen styling my hair since i was a kid. Wtf do i do. no one believes my sides. but i feel awful on this sh*t. nthing has changed except this drug. I feel numb in real life and weird. if i stop for a few months will my hair get real bad?

Man, with everything that’s going in the world rn, i think you gotta change your priorities. Recognize, that being worried that much about such a tiny thing like hair loss is perfect indicator of privilege.

Be honest with yourself you’re obviously not tolerating AA’s well, and it’s not an option for long term.

Look for other options maybe.

Try to style your hair in a different way...

If it bothers you that much get a hair-system or wig.

Pleasenotsoearly

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here’s the pic of my severe diffuse thinning if anyone thinks that I’m a troll or that I’m here to mess with people.

Attachments

• 06543FAA-A8E3-4456-AAAE-9506E28E1B24.jpeg
    06543FAA-A8E3-4456-AAAE-9506E28E1B24.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 126

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here’s the pic of my severe diffuse thinning if anyone thinks that I’m a troll or that I’m here to mess with people.
Even if people like you describe exist for sure, so do people who did not develop naturally ED and got it from finasteride, even after discontinuation and even if you chose to believe it or not. There are percentages at any age of men who will develop some kind of infertility, from 30% at the age of 30, 40% at 40, 50% and so on, do you really think that only those percentages are taking finasteride or between them there could be also people who don't have ED and get it from finasteride, besides the fact that it's a pretty well documented side effect that even appears on the f*****g drugs leaflet..

There is no possible way for somebody over the internet to know if the person reporting sides is having a placebo effect or if he is really getting them, or if he is really getting them from the drug or from an already underlying condition that maybe could be triggered by the drug, or if he would have developed it anyways because of age or other related factors that could trigger or contribute to such things, you could start assuming and believing whatever based on their comments and so on but that does not mean that your gonna be actually right and who says otherwise is beyond delusional and nobody should take such a persons opinions as facts or seriously.

i swear i'm not a troll i swear to god. I'm going to stop finasteride for a while and see if i feel different. do you know if my hair will be okay if i stopfor few months?

Pleasenotsoearly

My Regimen
Reaction score
Chances are I’m fully bald in mid 30’s. But even then, I don’t even want to touch AA’s after sh*t I’ve experienced.

f*** that, i did not have a character creation screen before i was born, neither i feel bad/ashamed for the things I didn’t choose.

Entertainment industry creating them f*****g unrealistic beauty standarts, and causing depression/anxiety in completely healthy beautiful people.

No thick hair would cover a shitty/insecure personality.

Pleasenotsoearly

My Regimen
Reaction score
i swear i'm not a troll i swear to god. I'm going to stop finasteride for a while and see if i feel different. do you know if my hair will be okay if i stopfor few months?

i doubt that you’re situation would significantly change in a matter of a few months unless you have very aggressive balding.

Definitely stop finasteride, and see how you feel.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not use a topical anti-androgen?

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Even those aussie doctors from the hairloss show say that if you get sides it's better to lean it off for a couple of months and if you are ok after you could try a lower dose maybe and see how it goes from there, if you still get sides after that than you could just stop and that's that, at least you have tried.

And no, i really don't think that anything will happen to your hair for a couple of months, just monitor it and that's kind of it, your health is clearly more important and that's what you should focus on first. And try to calm yourself because this stress is only making things worse that's for sure, your not gonna die and you are gonna be just fine but try to be rational and with your head on earth...

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m convinced that he’s becoming Pops from Regular Show.

Pleasenotsoearly

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not use a topical anti-androgen?

still goes in the system, doesn’t it?

I’ve also tried doing 0,25mg fina before quitting, all of the sides remained as severe as on 1mg daily.

and honestly f*** all of that. We live in a beautiful Universe with capacity for achieving great things, yet look where we are as a society.

Spending restless nights talking about some keratine sprouts on your head, literally waste of years of evolution.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean if you can't tell when someone is trolling you. It's people like that who make it so no one believes people who really do have sides. Serious sides are rare from finasteride, and they probably always disappear after discontinuation if they were caused by the drug. People start losing their hair as they get older, so they jump on finasteride. A couple years later they hit 40 and develop ED. It's normal in today's unhealthy society for people to develop ED at 40. They read online that finasteride causes impotence, so they blame it on the finasteride instead of getting older and being unhealthy, or being addicted to p**rn. So they stop the drug. They still have ED though. Not wanting to confront the fact that they are getting older and losing their masculinity, they lash out and blame an imaginary thing called pfs that some lawyer made up to bilk a drug company.

This is highly inaccurate unless you believe the "serious" studies paid my Merck that we get to enjoy floating on the net.

It has been 100% proven that Finasteride causes dna methylation, thus, from a scientific point of view or at a molecular level if you like PFS exists. Period.

Serious sides are rare. Yes. No, they do not always disappear after discontinuation. See above.

Other sides are not rare, very common. Practice experiences tells us it's between 20% to 30%.

Your psychological analysis is quite insensitive to say the least.

Was my induced secondary Hypogonadism and chronic prostatitis also imaginary?

Amazing what the mind can do.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is highly inaccurate unless you believe the "serious" studies paid my Merck that we get to enjoy floating on the net.

It has been 100% proven that Finasteride causes dna methylation, thus, from a scientific point of view or at a molecular level if you like PFS exists. Period.

Serious sides are rare. Yes. No, they do not always disappear after discontinuation. See above.

Other sides are not rare, very common. Practice experiences tells us it's between 20% to 30%.

Your psychological analysis is quite insensitive to say the least.

Was my induced secondary Hypogonadism and chronic prostatitis also imaginary?

Amazing what the mind can do.

With some you just can't mate get it? It's their only hope, i understand them until a point and that point is where they refuse to realize that their advises and encouragements could actually do life altering damage to others, including permanent damage, through some words for f*** sakes, sometimes i even wonder if some are payed by some companies or something but after i realize that industries don't even need to pay them, it's just how they are and the world is full of ignorant people and not only so yeah, you draw your conclusions.

The ones that i appreciate the most is those who were exactly like this guy and with time they got fucked real bad and came back and admitted that they were wrong, but what would be "fun" to know is how many are there who get fucked and never admit after or never come back? Human ego is very strong, especially in frustrated and insecure people and it will never let some of them admit anything...

In the link i posted below you will find the most comprehensive analysis of finasteride that you will ever see a normal human being that has no medical experience do. It almost made me try it and believe me lol, i have very strong principles and a very strong character also. It's called...

The Ultimate Hair Loss Survival Guide For Men (FAQ)

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158889153

Read it and after scroll some pages until you end up 5 years after the creation of the thread to see where the creator has ended, what are his feelings now and how bad he was fucked by this drug and how sorry he is for everything he believed and promoted to others also. How many people took his advise for granted, how many got fucked, how many got helped after or what happened to them, who is responsible, the dude that created the guide or the industry that does what it does?

You tell me...

Last edited:

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This forum is FULL, hell any hairloss forum/reddit is full of people reporting side effects and Pegasus is still "only a triny minority bro, just trust Merck bro"

He's one of the guys that needs to experience it himself to believe it.

On reddit is the same thing, the "pro finasteride gang" can't handle the side threads anymore and they think they are getting "brigaded" by the PFS forum "whom only purpose is to make them go bald" because they did not have luck, with their beloved treatment, their only salvation from a lonely and ugly life lol, so yeah, you draw your conclusions out of all the info we have...

Last edited:

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Reminds me of Peterson.

He was flipping the fck out and insulting anyone who dared to say fina was dangerous and using the same weak excuses. "Only people with sides are on forums bro, only a tiny minority bro,..."

Meanwhile, 1 year later he had the typical side effects like low libido + a severe one that he got fromm fina or got worse with fina, Peyronies.

There are tons like him but only one that's more delusional than him would actually look into his "mouth" and believe or take for granted what he says, especially after having experience with his online history, and like him there are many, everybody can see them daily all over the place... People who don't know him may be vulnerable if they are desperate enough or maybe stupid but it is what it is, you can't prevent everything or save everybody, that's why you should always be mostly dependent on yourself and yourself only when it comes to these things and considering the way these things are in general, the information available, the controversy around them and so on...

Either way and anything you will do, your gonna be the only one suffering the consequences of your actions or beliefs in the end, regardless of those consequences being they good or bad, your just gonna have to live with it, @petersonKj or whoever advised you or whoever you trusted won't be able to help you anyways so yeah, keep that in mind before making an important decision, especially if you are doing it after the information you get from random strangers over the internet, and those strangers include shady articles, transplant clinics and their "studies"/pictures/etc, manipulated media and universities, pharmaceutical companies and most industries as a whole, and i could go like this until tomorrow, but i guess most who have a brain already know these things so yeah, what can i say more...

Last edited:

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
But keep something in mind also @Pigeon, the fact that this guy @Feelsbadman is making these retarded looking threads every f*****g day is not doing him any favors also and nobody will take him seriously until he learns to express himself and calm the f*** down, he won't get any understanding especially from people who have this treatment next to their soul as their only salvation.

Keep that in mind also because it plays a big part in the grand scheme of things...

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Peyronies is so fucked up, I wouldn't even wish it on the members of this forum here

Don't lie, we all know that you would get everybody killed if that would bring you a full head of hair and an inch more, on both your height and your dick. Hypocrite

LowHairLine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This forum is FULL, hell any hairloss forum/reddit is full of people reporting side effects and Pegasus is still "only a triny minority bro, just trust Merck bro"

He's one of the guys that needs to experience it himself to believe it.

Most of us do.

I don't blame it on him or Peterson.
I was like them / pro studies / never got sides from ANY medicine / 100% sure Fina is safe -
till serious sides kicked-in...

In fact, I believe most of the time the difference between PRO Vs ANTI Fina gangs boils down to experiencing (serious) SIDES - nothing more...

Despite this, studies remain the best evidence we have.
The problem is not the scientific method - the interests are...

Last edited:

LowHairLine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You'd all be still on finasteride if you did not get sides. Then you'd be here defending the drug.

Agreed - that's actually how I described the PRO Vs ANTI gangs.

I do believe that pfs is most probably a real phenomenon and sides are rela as well. But you act like it's almost a guarantee that you get them and exaggerate the dangerous of the drug to absurd levels

Fina nukes DHT w/ MIRV.
Result = full Sides spectrum:
imperceptible, barely perceptible, tolerable, intolerable, whoa...

Where to draw the sides/no-sides line?
That's where the guy in front of you with a signed Cheque kicks in...

Bottom line:
the truth is probably somewhere between the studies & anecdotes -
with mild sides being over-blown by anecdotes & under-reported by studies...

and let's be real here getting on finasteride and taking the risk is better than wasting countless hours on a hairloss forum waiting for a cure that never comes

Agreed - that's exactly what me and most "sides-guys" did...

Last edited: