Finasteride Doesnt Reverse Miniaturization

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
so how can we explain the great results some guys had on this forum?

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's to be expected. Finasteride reduces DHT which may stop further damage. But you need effective growth stimulants like minoxidil in combination to reverse miniaturization. And even that's individualized. But 94% of guys get regrowth on finasteride + minoxidil, so it's a pretty good combo.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride: cheaper than breast implantation surgery!

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But some people clearly have reversed miniaturisation with finasteride and this website endorses it as at least being a possibility, particularly when combined with ketoconazole. What to think?

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Very interesting study. There were veteran members on another hair loss site that speculated the this similar idea where hairs that were already affected by DHT were on a "clock" where they might grow longer/thicker at beginning of treatment (peak results) but eventually they would continue to miniaturize. The thicker stronger hair would be better protected.

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very interesting study. There were veteran members on another hair loss site that speculated the this similar idea where hairs that were already affected by DHT were on a "clock" where they might grow longer/thicker at beginning of treatment (peak results) but eventually they would continue to miniaturize. The thicker stronger hair would be better protected.

Interesting. So do you think those who have sprouted hair from seemingly slick areas are outliers and/or have a different explanation?

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Androgenetic Alopecia is very hard to reverse after a certain stage of miniaturization, depending of your agressive genes, may happen in the very first moments of it

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Androgenetic Alopecia is very hard to reverse after a certain stage of miniaturization, depending of your agressive genes, may happen in the very first moments of it
I honestly think most men are just never aggressive enough about it to know for sure.

Unless you're taking 100 mg cypro, 10 mg minoxidil a day plus putting 7.5 % RU twice daily you haven't really found out what your body can or can't do. Or something like topical daro.

I see young guys in the transplant forums getting transplants all the time and think to myself "he could have probably regrown that and more with an adequate regimen. What a waste of time."

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it doesn't, a lot of us (self included) are fucked.

My hair got slightly thicker 6 months in, then thinned out a lot, and now is pretty much at baseline at 19-20 months.
And yup, I've got thin hair

MaxPayne3

My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT inhibitors are good to decrease DHT in the blood, but not very much in tissues, especially in the scalp.

A study observed that 0,5 mg of dutasteride everyday reduced DHT in the scalp by only 50%.

Last edited:

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT inhibitors are good to decrease DHT in the blood, but not very much in tissues, especially in the scalp.

A study observed that 2,5 mg of dutasteride everyday reduced DHT in the scalp by only 50%.

That sounds like dubious science. How does DHT reach the scalp if not via the bloodstream?