Finasteride Doesnt Reverse Miniaturization

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I think there are s few truths here:

For some Finasteride causes:

1. An initiation shed so significant it may never justify the treatment let alone the other associated risk.
2. Non responders could experience accelerated loss with no recovery.
3. Non-respinders have other factors causing hairloss.

Is male pattern baldness the only possible cause for thinning and miniaturization? I.e. hormone imbalance can cause effluvium but can it also impact hair density/quality/growth cycle?

abcdefg

Reaction score
So I think there are s few truths here:

For some Finasteride causes:

1. An initiation shed so significant it may never justify the treatment let alone the other associated risk.
2. Non responders could experience accelerated loss with no recovery.
3. Non-respinders have other factors causing hairloss.

Is male pattern baldness the only possible cause for thinning and miniaturization? I.e. hormone imbalance can cause effluvium but can it also impact hair density/quality/growth cycle?

Are you asking questions to god? Because no one here on this earth knows has the answers or if someone does they are keeping it secret to themselves.
male pattern baldness right now can be summed up as by chance a couple things grew back some hair for whatever reasons so here are these few treatments to try (minoxidil,finasteride). That is basically it. Any questions about why, or how any of it works exactly basically comes down to guessing.
I think you could argue about how minoxidil and propecia work for weeks and not know for sure. We have good theories but we dont know most of the details about why.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes but you’re supposed to begin with the tried and tested methods first. I’ve been on finasteride 1mg for 19 months now, how quickly did you expect your treatments to work?
Sad part is every doctor recommended Minoxidil first and Finasteride as an option ‘if’ I don’t see results. I was in denial as several doctors also continue to call it a Telogen Effluvium because of low ferritin (40 max)