finasteride and dutasteride Combination working wonders.

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update.
im expecting a shredding phase soon, it happens every 4 to 5 months.
during this time i trim my hair short and start 3 to 4 week minoxidil.
helps me overcome the shredding within a month and new dense hair starts to grow back.
i do not use minoxidil on a regular basis but i use it only during the shredding phase.

Does your hair get shredded to pieces??

madgeboy1

Reaction score
sorry bout my stupid Spellcheck In Browser , thanks i stand corrected now.

- - - Updated - - -

Any Body Tried out the Glycolic Scalp Peel ?
It got Rid of my Scalp Oiliness n Dandruff.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
sorry bout my stupid Spellcheck In Browser , thanks i stand corrected now.

- - - Updated - - -

Any Body Tried out the Glycolic Scalp Peel ?
It got Rid of my Scalp Oiliness n Dandruff.

Hey man how long is our hair? I want to do the scalp peel but my hair is sort of longer. Also, have you had ANY type of scalp pain or itch on finasteride that went away on dutasteride??

madgeboy1

Reaction score
Update.
I have not only grown new hair but my old hair looks dense and thick now. The hair grows longer than before without looking odd. Previously my hair looked horrible when wet. You could see a lot of scalp while the hair was wet, but now it looks normal even when my hair is wet.
I am continuing with the glycolic scalp peel and my scalp looks fresh n clean with no dandruff. i make sure i shampoo my hair every other day but i use nizoral shampoo only twice a week, rest of the days i use a shampoo with conditioner for dry hair. shampooing too much with nizoral tends to take away a lot of oil from the scalp which in turn makes it generate more oil later.
my hair line is improving and new small hairs are visible all over the hair line, even the temples have new growth. i feel more confident and sometimes i tend to forget that there was a time i wanted to hide my head.
ill have a hair trim shortly then ill visit my dermatologist to see the progress of my hair under a microscopic lens.
ill update again soon.
dont forget to take multivitamin, biotin and fish oils. best of luck.

ICUman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im taking dutasteride twice a week and finasteride everyday.
Taking finasteride every day will decreade the amount of DHT by about 60 to 70 %
Now the dutasteride will reduce the total DHT even further as it inhibits both type 1 and type 2 5α-reductase and is approved at the 0.5-mg dose for treatment of symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). It is about 3 times as potent as finasteride at inhibiting type 2 5α-reductase and more than 100 times as potent at inhibiting the type 1 5α-reductase enzyme.
The hair will get accustomed to this medication in about a couple of years, and will get resistant to this dosage then at that time re shuffling the dosage will benefit the hair to restore itself again.
If the hair gets resistant to this dose then only it will act better to a more dosage of dutasteride, and finasteride will always add an extra benefit.
As of now dutasteride twice a week is good foe keeping the total of DHT less.
When im Thinking about Hair loss im thinking about it for long term.
If i increase the dose of dutasteride currently, ill have a head of hair much sooner, but ill losse it much sooner too.

Please share your valuable advise and experiences with us too.

- - - Updated - - -

my current dose of finasteride is 1mg every day, and dutasteride is 0.5 mg twice a week.
glycolic peel one a week followed by shampoo.
nizoral twice a week and selson shampoo for the rest of the days.
i make sure i dont over dry my scalp cause it leads to an over oily scalp too.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I dont know but it really worked for me. finasteride gave me benefits but plateaued after a certain level. im taking dutasteride 0.5 mg twice a week. which is not a very high dose.

Does hair really become accustomed to finasteride and dutasteride and you have to up the dosage? I was under the impression that once you start them you never have to worry about increasing the dosage amount…am I wrong?

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Genetics always win out eventually. If you have aggressive balding at a young age, finasteride/dutasteride will buy you time. If you have less aggressive balding an an older age, you may well keep your hair for life.

madgeboy1

Reaction score
Absolutely yes, genetics play a very important role, so the trick is to vary the dose of medication with age , time and hair loss condition. having the same dose of finasteride/dutasteride is gonna give no benefit and the progress will plateau.
I always advise people to get a blood test for DIHYDROTESTOSTERONE and TESTOSTERONE.
We need both to have a proper functioning body but we need to manage both to keep our hair and our body from ageing.

madgeboy1

Reaction score
I have started using a dermaroller before my glycolic scalp peels , will give you the feedback soon. The glycolic peel itself was very benefiting, hope this gives me good results.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not a single picture. This should really be in the tell your story section when I think about it.

madgeboy1

Reaction score
Current Hair care
finasteride 1 Mg, Everyday for 15 months.
dutasteride 0.5 twice a week
Biotin, Multivit , Fish oil, Supp.
Glycolic Scalp Peel once a week.
Nizoral Shampoo once a week, rest of the days i use an general shampoo.
I use a Loreal Conditioner when ever i shampoo my hair.
Recently started dermarolling on the crown.

Current Hair status. No one can Say i Used to have androgenic Alopecia. I'm Happy and Confident. I got my teenage head of hair back again. :)
Ill Post updates again soon.

madgeboy1

Reaction score
Ok from my Personal Experience the dermaroller thing does not go well with glycolic scalp peeling, it makes the scalp more sensitive.
currently on same dose and medication.
glycolic peeling is making my scalp look and feel healthier without flakes and less oily.
i use a loreal conditioner after shampoo to make sure my hair is over dry.

madgeboy1

Reaction score
if you are interested to read my success story read it, im not forcing anybody. I have restrictions in life. im not allowed to share my pics publicly. but im allowed to share my knowledge.
If u want to share my knowledge and experience feel free to discuss with me else just go to posts with pictures.