finasteride and dutasteride Combination working wonders.

madgeboy1

Reaction score
I have been of Finasteride for about a year.
went through everything that happens. Super Shredding, Watery semen n all.
Although im almost always horny. :p
For Shampoo i use nizoral 2wice a week and selsun for the rest of the days.
I try to keep my scalp as less oily as i can.
I would say i was happy with the result but not totally satisfied.
In my case i started recovering the Temples, but the crown was still not recovering well.
My dermatologist told me to add Dutasteride one a week for a month and then twice a week .
You wont believe me i am seeing more result than i noticed in the past one year.
I also started applying a glycolic peel for the scalp once a week to aid cell turnover of my scalp. Im Happy with the result.
I only use minoxidil wen im having a shedding phase.
Ill post the pictures soon for your reference.
One thing i never lost more than my hair is my patience...and i guess thats the key to success.

Sorry for not posting pics, but ill update soon.

Last edited:

EricGerard

Reaction score
I'd love to see some photos. I have been considering adding 0.5mg dutasteride once or twice per week to my finasteride + minoxidil regime. The only thing is I don't know where to get it as I am in Canada.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you're taking Dutasteride and Finasteride together OP? No offense, but there's no point in taking both. Dutasteride does everything Finasteride does plus more. You should just stay with Dutasteride since you're already on it and quit using the other 5-AR inhibitor, I mean really. And again, there's no point in taking both together, it's like opening an umbrella when you're already under a roof, just stick with Dutasteride since you're already on it and drop Finasteride.

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
Agustin, how would you recommend transitioning from finasteride to dutasteride - drop finasteride completly and start 0.5 dutasteride per day, or taper off finasteride and taper on dutasteride?

madgeboy1

Reaction score
Im taking dutasteride twice a week and finasteride everyday.
Taking finasteride every day will decreade the amount of DHT by about 60 to 70 %
Now the dutasteride will reduce the total DHT even further as it inhibits both type 1 and type 2 5α-reductase and is approved at the 0.5-mg dose for treatment of symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). It is about 3 times as potent as finasteride at inhibiting type 2 5α-reductase and more than 100 times as potent at inhibiting the type 1 5α-reductase enzyme.
The hair will get accustomed to this medication in about a couple of years, and will get resistant to this dosage then at that time re shuffling the dosage will benefit the hair to restore itself again.
If the hair gets resistant to this dose then only it will act better to a more dosage of dutasteride, and finasteride will always add an extra benefit.
As of now dutasteride twice a week is good foe keeping the total of DHT less.
When im Thinking about Hair loss im thinking about it for long term.
If i increase the dose of dutasteride currently, ill have a head of hair much sooner, but ill losse it much sooner too.

Please share your valuable advise and experiences with us too.

- - - Updated - - -

my current dose of finasteride is 1mg every day, and dutasteride is 0.5 mg twice a week.
glycolic peel one a week followed by shampoo.
nizoral twice a week and selson shampoo for the rest of the days.
i make sure i dont over dry my scalp cause it leads to an over oily scalp too.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

So you're taking Dutasteride and Finasteride together OP? No offense, but there's no point in taking both. Dutasteride does everything Finasteride does plus more. You should just stay with Dutasteride since you're already on it and quit using the other 5-AR inhibitor, I mean really. And again, there's no point in taking both together, it's like opening an umbrella when you're already under a roof, just stick with Dutasteride since you're already on it and drop Finasteride.

I dont know but it really worked for me. finasteride gave me benefits but plateaued after a certain level. im taking dutasteride 0.5 mg twice a week. which is not a very high dose.

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
The glycolic peeling is interesting also, could you detail about the brand, the procedure, duration Op?

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thread is pointless without pictures. Especially since it is being posted in the success story section.

madgeboy1

Reaction score
glycolic peel works the same way its used on facial skin. it helps loosen the dead cells of our scalp and helps peel the upper layer of scalp. this in turn helps in the cell turnover of the scalp reducing the amount of DHT and giving birth to new cells.
Loads of brands available on the online stores.

- - - Updated - - -

Thread is pointless without pictures. Especially since it is being posted in the success story section.
im sharing what i have learnt from my experience.its my success story, it worked for me. i could have just be in this forum and read the post by others but i intend to help others. i have limitations in my life because i work as a model. i can not post pictures here.
being a model its very important to look good and fit, hair is a very important part in our physical looks.
Im just trying to help others with my experience , i really hope some people will benefit from what i have to share.
ill try updating a pic asap. gimme some time.
my intention is not selfish bragging about my hair but to help people in this forum the same way i have been benefited. Hope u Understand.

- - - Updated - - -

The glycolic peeling is interesting also, could you detail about the brand, the procedure, duration Op?

i forgot to mention i also take biotin supplements fish oil capsule and multi vitamin

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
im sharing what i have learnt from my experience.its my success story, it worked for me. i could have just be in this forum and read the post by others but i intend to help others. i have limitations in my life because i work as a model. i can not post pictures here.
being a model its very important to look good and fit, hair is a very important part in our physical looks.
Im just trying to help others with my experience , i really hope some people will benefit from what i have to share.
ill try updating a pic asap. gimme some time.
my intention is not selfish bragging about my hair but to help people in this forum the same way i have been benefited. Hope u Understand

I do understand it's up to you to put pictures. But there is already clinical evidence that using dutasteride and finasteride is better than just finasteride. What is lacking is pictures of people who made the transition. I appreciate it's your success story but most stories in this section have pictures for obvious reasons.

It would be nice though to see dates of when you took the drugs with some images. Either way, I am glad it worked out.

brandnew88

Established Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the regrowth. You said you did 1 month at once a week then twice a week after. How long has it been now since you added dutasteride?

madgeboy1

Reaction score
Congrats on the regrowth. You said you did 1 month at once a week then twice a week after. How long has it been now since you added dutasteride?

4 weeks on dutasteride once a week.
3 rd week completed on twice a week.
The results are amazing.
One thing i have noticed is that after a good growth comes a good shedding. so im mentally preparing myself for a shedding phase again soon.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

i recommend a glycolic peel on the scalp for everyone.
it loosens the dead cells and helps in turnover.
lessens scalp oilyness and people who use minoxidil would benefit more from it due to good absorption.

I started after reading this.

"The pathogenesis of male-pattern-baldness (male pattern baldness) is the same as acne. The first step in acne is a condition calledfollicular-hyperkeratinization or hyperkeratosis. Simply put, this means excess skin production inside and around the hair-follicle. The next step is caused by excess sebum production, followed by P.Acnes infestation of the pilosebaceous-follicle, with subsequent inflammation. So to summarize, male pattern baldness, just like acne, is caused by four main factors: (1) follicular-hyperkeratinization, (2) excess sebum production, (3) P.Acnes, and (4) inflammation [1].

Free-IGF-1 (insulin-like-growth-factor-1) stimulates the proliferation of keratinocytes (skin cells below the scalp). As the keratinocytes mature, they migrate to the top of the scalp and become what is known as corneocytes. If all goes well, the corneocytes are supposed to be shed off the scalp in a process called apoptosis. The shedding of corneocytes or the apoptosis of corneocytes, is under the influence of IGFBP-3 (insulin-like-growth-factor-binding-protein-3) and endogenous retinoids. In men with male-pattern-baldness, they have excess free-IGF-1 and not enough IGFBP-3 [2]. The result of this is hyperkeratinization; too much skin production, and not enough skin exfoliation. This causes the hair-follicle to be blocked by excess skin. Free-IGF-1 is required for keratinocyte proliferation in humans [3] and too much IGF-1 results in hyperkeratosis [4].

So, in order to reverse hyperkeratosis, exfoliating the scalp is needed. Using glycolic-acid topically is suggested.Glycolic-acid is what's called an alpha-hydroxy-acid. Alpha-hydroxy-acids are shown to diminish corneocyte cohesion, induce exfoliation and reverse hyperkeratosis. This should promote regrowth.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've just added dutasteride (0.5mg) to my finasteride and minoxidil regime. They got good results for 22 months, but I want a little more. I would be VERY interested in seeing your pictures, please keep updating!

jasonbourne

Reaction score
since you aren't posting pics, at least be specific when you are saying the results are amazing?

how have the they been amazng? front scalp growth? crown?? what?????

BiqqieSmalls

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm on Finasteride 1.25mg ED and Dutasteride 0.5mg three times a week. I am noticing a great deal of improvement; more so than when I was on Finasteride alone.

madgeboy1

Reaction score
I have seen scalp growth, crown area, hairline unexpectedly benefited. i got my hair analysed under a microscope and saw new Small hairs and hair diameter has also increased.

madgeboy1

Reaction score
Update.
im expecting a shedding phase soon, it happens every 4 to 5 months.
during this time i trim my hair short and start 3 to 4 week minoxidil.
helps me overcome the shedding within a month and new dense hair starts to grow back.
i do not use minoxidil on a regular basis but i use it only during the shedding phase.

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

This is not true