Finasteride And 2x Daily Minoxidil 4 Month Result- I'll Be Updating As I Go Along

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So here's a pic an hour after minoxidil has dried at night, taken just now, nothing in my hair. What do you guys think? Fraudulent? Haha.

It is still a bit on the thin side, for sure, but it hasn't even looked this dense in years.

Damn really nice results.

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So here's some results with a baseline photo, 3 month, and 4 month photo. I have a lot of other photos from different angles documenting my results as it goes along, but these are what I'm uploading for now. You can get a general idea. These are pictures in really rough bathroom lighting after minoxidil dries at night, so my hair has had 2 applications and the entire days worth of sebum and overall dirtiness to really make it look as raw and poor as it can look, as it will in certain situations. I know, I could upload some more realistic, dimmer lighting images, but in pictures, how much good does that do anybody who hasn't seen me in real life.

I'll be uploading more images as I go. Also, for your sick pleasure, I've uploaded a couple of close up images of me with a bit of dermatch in my hair in more realistic lighting, they were both taken within the last couple weeks (after the 4 month photo). So you assholes can tell me how ugly and wretched my old *** is, and don't hold back, I can take it haha.

Anyway, it's tough for me to say, but do you think my hairline is too high?
Might I need a transplant?
(even if my hair fills in nicely even more at the hairline in the next 4-6 months to where I don't have to wear any dermatch, I'll post a non-dermatch photo head-shot, but this is what I have right now, you can get the idea, there isn't a tonne in there).
What norwood do you think I'm at?

I'm going to keep updating these as I go along, with the next one being 5 at months. by the way I've been on minoxidil for 2 and 1/2 years, whole lot of good that did. And now since I'm on 1mg finasteride per day and continued the minoxidil appx 1mg 2x daily, I've been seeing some nice results considering it's only in the infancy stage of results (4 months).

Holy sh*t! Great result. Dont add anything because you dont need it at this point. Congrats dude.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy sh*t! Great result. Dont add anything because you dont need it at this point. Congrats dude.
I'm adding nothing. It's already a big enough pain in the *** to put minoxidil on 2x a day. I knock it down to once a day at about a year on finasteride, I just don't want to break the precedent until then.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm adding nothing. It's already a big enough pain in the *** to put minoxidil on 2x a day. I knock it down to once a day at about a year on finasteride, I just don't want to break the precedent until then.

are you still using dermatch?

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
are you still using dermatch?
Sometimes, sometimes not. It looks passable without, but much better with. I only use a little though, when I first got it, the first couple times it was a bit absurd haha.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sometimes, sometimes not. It looks passable without, but much better with. I only use a little though, when I first got it, the first couple times it was a bit absurd haha.
hmm, what does it do to the hair that makes it look absurd? it should blend in, no?

Falco4758

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m considering starting finsta man. How are the side affects? They are scary to me as a already deal with anxiety. Are they even real or just a disclaimer ?

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m considering starting finsta man. How are the side affects? They are scary to me as a already deal with anxiety. Are they even real or just a disclaimer ?
Side effects are very rare and even if you experience some you can just stop.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hmm, what does it do to the hair that makes it look absurd? it should blend in, no?
Just putting too much on. My main problem is the hairline, so it's tough to make that look non noticable. It's still a hell of a lot better than fibers, as they fall out n just in general look like sh*t. The only thing bad about dermatch is that if you put a fair amount on, particularly when applying wet, it frizzes your hair. So I apply it to my hair after I use a little spray bottle to gently wet the hair a bit, with the application brush dry. Then after it dries, about ten mins, then I use a volumizer light hold and that's it. Looks nice and dense and hoe ready.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No sides for me. Been on nearly five months. I'm going to post my five month progress in about a week. Think it's a bit better than the four month.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
No sides for me. Been on nearly five months. I'm going to post my five month progress in about a week. Think it's a bit better than the four month.

Not even reduced semen volume? i got that on finasteride, i thought it was quite common tbh.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
******MONTH 5 UPDATE******

So same old style pictures with the harsh bathroom lighting, after minoxidil dries, nothing else in my hair. Front and both sides this time.

Picture may not be that great, but more density in the front, more throughout, less shedding of those little damaged hairs. The pictures obviously make the hair look worse in this lighting, but I want to be consistent.

I'm growing my hair out, so some might say "it only looks better because he is a diffuse thinner and is now growing it out". but really that only works until a certain length, then it just looks stringy and painfully thin. This hasn't happened, yet at least. Also I can get away with combing my hair back, which was a big no-no before. I can even just about get away with it without dermatch, although I still like a little boost with it.

Attachments

• IMG_20200121_073854656.jpg
    IMG_20200121_073854656.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_20200121_081235642.jpg
    IMG_20200121_081235642.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_20200121_081228278.jpg
    IMG_20200121_081228278.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
******MONTH 5 UPDATE******

So same old style pictures with the harsh bathroom lighting, after minoxidil dries, nothing else in my hair. Front and both sides this time.

Picture may not be that great, but more density in the front, more throughout, less shedding of those little damaged hairs. The pictures obviously make the hair look worse in this lighting, but I want to be consistent.

I'm growing my hair out, so some might say "it only looks better because he is a diffuse thinner and is now growing it out". but really that only works until a certain length, then it just looks stringy and painfully thin. This hasn't happened, yet at least. Also I can get away with combing my hair back, which was a big no-no before. I can even just about get away with it without dermatch, although I still like a little boost with it.
Looks good. Probably look even better and thicker with a bit of length off the sides.

vinnyg0414

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks awesome man. Hopefully I can have hair looking that nice when I hit your age! Lol