Finasteride And 2x Daily Minoxidil 4 Month Result- I'll Be Updating As I Go Along

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not lowering, but is filling in at the current hairline. After I wash my hair, comb it back and dry it, I can still see a tonne of damaged, miniaturized hair at and around the hairline. Probably take another year before I see close to final results, as efficacy is typically 2 years on the drug.

I figured I'd respond well though, as I had slow loss over many years, and a diffused thinner.
Yeah youll continue to get good results for up to two years while your cycles back in thicker and thicker. But like you already know you've got great donor hair to bring your hairline to where you want and in a couple years I'm sure they'll be even better at doing them.....I'm just trying to hold onto my hair where it currently is and I'll be happy. Also if anyone's interested I wasn't trying but actually fathered a child. My wife is currently 8 weeks pregnant and I'm praying everything is normal and healthy with our child.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you think you had recession here??? Your hair looked great in this photo. Also saw the progress photos and it looks awesome!
Yeah I had a bout with seberoric dermatitis on my hairline around the time I started panicking about hairloss. It drove me into obsessing over it. Constantly think I'm receding one week to the next thinking I might be difusing.....I decided finasteride can give me peace of mind and has for the most part. No sides. So i stuck with it. .5 daily for 14 months now.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I know man. And I dunno I never payed attention to shedding cause my hair used to always be so short. I only recently started growning it out and slicking it back. And for the past three four years I notice every hair i lose m...like ocd with it.
At 32, or any age really, but especially at 32, baller hair. Now you could have lose some in the next few years. I had such slow loss, that I could style my hair somewhat forward-ish, and you could tell it was a but thin, but when dry and a bit longer, it actually looked ok to most people (I never had concealer on at the time). Even my doctor said she wasn't going to send me to a derm because because my hair was ok for my age and I shouldn't worry, then I showed her that very same first picture, and she changed her mind rather quickly. anyways, since it was slow, I was getting less n less comments about how my hair was going in the last few years, because a lot of people had started to lose, caught up, or even leap frogged me (being ppl my age were hitting mid 30's, when most who are going to lose, start for sure by then). So it is possible you could've had late onset......but with that low hairline and density, probably not.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah youll continue to get good results for up to two years while your cycles back in thicker and thicker. But like you already know you've got great donor hair to bring your hairline to where you want and in a couple years I'm sure they'll be even better at doing them.....I'm just trying to hold onto my hair where it currently is and I'll be happy. Also if anyone's interested I wasn't trying but actually fathered a child. My wife is currently 8 weeks pregnant and I'm praying everything is normal and healthy with our child.
I'm nearly certain you'll be fine. In the study that had birth defects in rats, they had to give the female the human equivalent of 20 liters worth of sperm that would have the normal amount of the affect of the drug in it......so unless you're filling rooms, it'll be fine.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At 32, or any age really, but especially at 32, baller hair. Now you could have lose some in the next few years. I had such slow loss, that I could style my hair somewhat forward-ish, and you could tell it was a but thin, but when dry and a bit longer, it actually looked ok to most people (I never had concealer on at the time). Even my doctor said she wasn't going to send me to a derm because because my hair was ok for my age and I shouldn't worry, then I showed her that very same first picture, and she changed her mind rather quickly. anyways, since it was slow, I was getting less n less comments about how my hair was going in the last few years, because a lot of people had started to lose, caught up, or even leap frogged me (being ppl my age were hitting mid 30's, when most who are going to lose, start for sure by then). So it is possible you could've had late onset......but with that low hairline and density, probably not.
Yeah I'm not sure either but didn't want to risk it with my family history. I thought I might as well be proactive....like everyone says it's better to start early....anyways in the past year ive had alot happen. My dad had a stroke three days before my wedding in april (I also got married) and well he lost movement to his left side, now in a wheel chair and my wife is expecting in seven months. Im glad I started because i have other things to worry about now. And atleast I'm doing something to help my hair stay. For atleast a few extra years.

Last edited:

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm nearly certain you'll be fine. In the study that had birth defects in rats, they had to give the female the human equivalent of 20 liters worth of sperm that would have the normal amount of the affect of the drug in it......so unless you're filling rooms, it'll be fine.
Lol yeah I've definitely researched it alot and everything seems to say things will be fine but I'm still worrying. Definitely didn't make me sterile like some fear mongers scream...haha

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol yeah I've definitely researched it alot and everything seems to say things will be fine but I'm still worrying. Definitely didn't make me sterile like some fear mongers scream...haha
Some of them would think it'd had shrunk too small to even be physically possible to impregnate anyone.

I didn't get on finasteride because I was lazy and was thinking of just shaving my head for many years. Not because of any of that incel neurosis nonsense.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not sure either but didn't want to risk it with my family history. I thought I might as well be proactive....like everyone says it's better to start early....anyways in the past year ive had alot happen. My dad had a stroke three days before my wedding in april (I also got married) and well he lost movement to his left side, now in a wheel chair and my wife is expecting in seven months. Im glad I started because i have other things to worry about now. And atleast I'm doing something to help my hair stay. For atleast a few extra years.
Ahh, sorry to hear about your dad. Must be tough for him.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some of them would think it'd had shrunk too small to even be physically possible to impregnate anyone.

I didn't get on finasteride because I was lazy and was thinking of just shaving my head for many years. Not because of any of that incel neurosis nonsense.
Lmao, yeah I haven't noticed any sides. At first I had some grogginess and brain fog but that's gone away. I'm actually much more productive now too. Erections and sex drive is still the same and havent once had a problem.....then again I'm only .5 dosing it daily.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ahh, sorry to hear about your dad. Must be tough for him.
Appreciate that. I can't even imagine I go see him everyday and all he does is lay in bed except to get up and eat sh*t and shower. Which is all a struggle. It's definitely changed all our lives. He was a great dad. And it's really hard for me to see. I just try and spend as much time as I can getting him up even if it's just to hang in the living room and talk and tell him about what's going on in our store. We own a convenient store and have for over 20 years. He worked everyday even the day he had the stroke. And now it's me and my mom running it. So it's just stressful. All around. But I'm praying he recovers fully. He can move his leg some and can walk if you hold him up, it's just going to take ahwile. He is going to get some more physical therapy as soon as Medicare agrees to give him 6 more months. They play so many games over coverage it's ridiculous.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lmao, yeah I haven't noticed any sides. At first I had some grogginess and brain fog but that's gone away. I'm actually much more productive now too. Erections and sex drive is still the same and havent once had a problem.....then again I'm only .5 dosing it daily.
In the first month, after the first week or so, I had some softer erection issues. But as soon as I told myself I wasn't living in Mom's basement watching Brazzers as a pass time, I shook it. Pretty sure it was psychosomatic, although you never I suppose haha.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Appreciate that. I can't even imagine I go see him everyday and all he does is lay in bed except to get up and eat sh*t and shower. Which is all a struggle. It's definitely changed all our lives. He was a great dad. And it's really hard for me to see. I just try and spend as much time as I can getting him up even if it's just to hang in the living room and talk and tell him about what's going on in our store. We own a convenient store and have for over 20 years. He worked everyday even the day he had the stroke. And now it's me and my mom running it. So it's just stressful. All around. But I'm praying he recovers fully. He can move his leg some and can walk if you hold him up, it's just going to take ahwile. He is going to get some more physical therapy as soon as Medicare agrees to give him 6 more months. They play so many games over coverage it's ridiculous.
Yeah that's good, even if it's most of the way recovery, that can be pretty feasible, emotionally for most people.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Right, I'm hoping, and also realize how mundane hair and looks are. So if finasteride helps me then good, if for some reason I lose it then atleast I tried. My dad had great character and people loved him in our community. It's not about hair but about how you treat people and carry yourself. Stay clean and dress nice and work hard and stay modest. Take care of your family. Those are what life's about not looks and being flashy.... Make the most of yourself.....on another note dude your getting great results. I bet by one year you'll have full coverage and by two great density, you actually already look like you have both.... I hope everything works out for you. Stay blessed man. Keep us updated.

Pazzini86

My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy sh*t man! I need to get my drinking and eating problems sorted out before my doctor will even think about prescribing Finasteride, but this serves as motivation even though you are probably one in a hundred.

Good for you man, i'm happy for you:)

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy sh*t man! I need to get my drinking and eating problems sorted out before my doctor will even think about prescribing Finasteride, but this serves as motivation even though you are probably one in a hundred.

Good for you man, i'm happy for you:)
Idk man, in previous posts when I first got on finasteride, I predicted this type of result. The reasons were a commination of slow loss over a long period of time, diffused thinning and the fact that the damaged hairs were still dark in color and grew to around an inch or so before they'd fall out.

I don't think it's working nearly as well with aggressive hair loss. Also, if someone is just receding, you can only stop the march to the back of your head, not regrow the original hairline, or any of the lost hair.

So if you were in a similar position, might be alright. Keep in mind that my hair never looked nearly that bad as in the before picture, people I knew were even surpised when I showed it to them. I have other pictures in regular lighting where it looks ok. I'll post one, and I never wore a concealer.

Last edited:

Pazzini86

My Regimen
Reaction score
As you can see the crown has gotten pretty bad, i noticed it first back in 2013, but because no close relatives had it i was in denial until 2018.

Taken with shitty cam under tubular light, but yeah, baldness is happening.

Attachments

• 20200108_222309.jpg
    20200108_222309.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 229
  • 20200108_223210.jpg
    20200108_223210.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 228

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As you can see the crown has gotten pretty bad, i noticed it first back in 2013, but because no close relatives had it i was in denial until 2018.

How does it look combed back, density and Norwood wise? Looks like you could get on finasteride now and more than likely thicken that crown up. Even if it only gets say, 20% better, it's a lot less noticable than a hairline.

vinnyg0414

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How does it look combed back, density and Norwood wise? Looks like you could get on finasteride now and more than likely thicken that crown up. Even if it only gets say, 20% better, it's a lot less noticable than a hairline.
Agree with this! The hairline is the worst one to lose cause it usually doesn’t come back fully. Crown seems to be much easier for it to fill back up.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score

Get on treatment bro i think u can grow a lot back. Good luck.