Finasteride And 2x Daily Minoxidil 4 Month Result- I'll Be Updating As I Go Along

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So here's some results with a baseline photo, 3 month, and 4 month photo. I have a lot of other photos from different angles documenting my results as it goes along, but these are what I'm uploading for now. You can get a general idea. These are pictures in really rough bathroom lighting after minoxidil dries at night, so my hair has had 2 applications and the entire days worth of sebum and overall dirtiness to really make it look as raw and poor as it can look, as it will in certain situations. I know, I could upload some more realistic, dimmer lighting images, but in pictures, how much good does that do anybody who hasn't seen me in real life.

I'll be uploading more images as I go. Also, for your sick pleasure, I've uploaded a couple of close up images of me with a bit of dermatch in my hair in more realistic lighting, they were both taken within the last couple weeks (after the 4 month photo). So you assholes can tell me how ugly and wretched my old *** is, and don't hold back, I can take it haha.

Anyway, it's tough for me to say, but do you think my hairline is too high?
Might I need a transplant?
(even if my hair fills in nicely even more at the hairline in the next 4-6 months to where I don't have to wear any dermatch, I'll post a non-dermatch photo head-shot, but this is what I have right now, you can get the idea, there isn't a tonne in there).
What norwood do you think I'm at?

I'm going to keep updating these as I go along, with the next one being 5 at months. by the way I've been on minoxidil for 2 and 1/2 years, whole lot of good that did. And now since I'm on 1mg finasteride per day and continued the minoxidil appx 1mg 2x daily, I've been seeing some nice results considering it's only in the infancy stage of results (4 months).

**********UPDATE*********------White shirt photo is 5 months

Attachments

• before finasteride.jpg
    before finasteride.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 350
  • about 2 months wet finasteride.jpg
    about 2 months wet finasteride.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 343
  • 3 months finasteride.jpg
    3 months finasteride.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 337
  • 6 months finasteride.jpg
    6 months finasteride.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:

Slid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try to add dermastamping to your routine.1.5mm once a week and use minoxidil right after.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try to add dermastamping to your routine.1.5mm once a week and use minoxidil right after.
I've thought about that, possibly as an all else fails addition. But since I'm doing quite well on just the addition of finasteride, I'll hold off on that to see how this goes. At least another eight months.

Jim lahey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Those are insane results! I wouldnt add anything else since your doing great at only 4 months you're not even at peak results yet!

Literally went from norwood 4-5 to a norwood 1.5.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Those are insane results! I wouldnt add anything else since your doing great at only 4 months you're not even at peak results yet!

Literally went from norwood 4-5 to a norwood 1.5.
Thanks for the kind words man. If anybody has any questions just ask.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude I'm happy for you, getting some great results. Honestly your like a prime canidate for transplant too. Very good donor hair before. But honestly by 1 year you might get everything back at that rate. Keep us updated and also your brutal honesty on people's post always makes me laugh out loud.... . Hope you get alot more success.

Last edited:

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also please inform us how old you are ~edit (36) and when you started noticing hairloss. How many years did it progress to get to your before. Thanks. Your getting good results at 4 months though man.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude I'm happy for you, getting some great results. Honestly your like a prime canidate for transplant too. Very good donor hair before. But honestly by 1 year you might get everything back at that rate. Keep us updated and also your brutal honesty on people's post always makes me . Hope you get alot more success.
Yeah my hairline is quite a bit higher than it was, even 6-7 years ago. In some pictures, or certain angles in reflective surfaces it looks really high....Some sticker shock of styling my hair back might also be part of it, which I haven't done in years. I'm thinking, if I do get a transplant, it'll be a hairline 1/8 inch transplant. But I'll wait until I'm a year in, and get used the look, and make a decision.

Last edited:

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I'd say give it a year and you can probably get a hair transplant that will give you a perfect hairline. And be set for life.....I also ask about how long it took to progress from first noticing .. just because I'm 33 going on 34 and have bdd about my hair right now. I jumped on finasteride a year ago and honestly don't know if it's done anything lol....but it has given me some peace of mind.

Last edited:

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also please inform us how old you are ~edit (36) and when you started noticing hairloss. How many years did it progress to get to your before. Thanks. Your getting good results at 4 months though man.
Be 37 in less than a month. I first noticed at like 20 years old. I knew I was going to get bad because my dad was chrome domed by the time he was 22, I got lucky in that sense. After about 21 or so, it stabilized more or less and was OK until I was about 26-27, then it progressed. At that point I couldn't style my hair for sh*t, I started getting "you're losing your hair" comments by then, and it's just slowly progressed since. The only thing I regret was not getting on finasteride a decade ago, or at least 7 seven years ago, when my hairline was still pretty low, although thin.

I first got on minoxidil middle of 2017, I got some half decent results in the first six months, then it all but went away. I'm sure it helped some, but without getting to the root cause, not enough. It's probably helping stimulate growth now that DHT isn't much of a factor, but even if it might not be I'm not going to drop it, just in case.

Haha, yeah I mostly don't take this stuff too seriously, I'm usually throwing some humor into the posts, even when I mean it.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I'd say give it a year and you can probably get a hair transplant that will give you a perfect hairline. And be set for life.....I also ask about how long it took to progress from first noticing .. just because I'm 33 going on 34 and have bdd about my hair right now. I jumped on finasteride a year ago and honestly don't know if it's fine anything lol....but it has given me some peace of mind.
you have any pictures? Before and after?

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah but I'll get told to f*** off by half the forum lol.
Yeah especially after seeing my bald *** in that first picture haha.

Alright so what do think about the hairline? too high? Get away with it? Only sick f*** norwood spotters going to notice?
This is to predict (maybe) that it looks pretty much like it does now with the dermatch when I get full results (but with no dermatch).

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah especially after seeing my bald *** in that first picture haha.

Alright so what do think about the hairline? too high? Get away with it? Only sick f*** norwood spotters going to notice?
This is to predict (maybe) that it looks pretty much like it does now with the dermatch when I get full results (but with no dermatch).
Na it looks like it's filling it really well. You definitely need to give it a year to a year and half and then decide. But your seeming to be a super responder..... Youll probably get most of your hairline back and be set.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a pic of me and my dad. Exactly one year before starting finasteride.....you can see why I worried because of genetics both my dad and my mom's dad were pretty much nw6. I did it more for prevention because I was worrying alot around age 32.

Attachments

• IMG_20180803_221302.jpg
    IMG_20180803_221302.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 351

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah you got some sickfuckidas going on haha. Were you noticing some loss though?
Yeah I know man. And I dunno I never payed attention to shedding cause my hair used to always be so short. I only recently started growning it out and slicking it back. And for the past three four years I notice every hair i lose m...like ocd with it.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Na it looks like it's filling it really well. You definitely need to give it a year to a year and half and then decide. But your seeming to be a super responder..... Youll probably get most of your hairline back and be set.
It's not lowering, but is filling in at the current hairline. After I wash my hair, comb it back and dry it, I can still see a tonne of damaged, miniaturized hair at and around the hairline. Probably take another year before I see close to final results, as efficacy is typically 2 years on the drug.

I figured I'd respond well though, as I had slow loss over many years, and a diffused thinner.

vinnyg0414

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is a pic of me and my dad. Exactly one year before starting finasteride.....you can see why I worried because of genetics both my dad and my mom's dad were pretty much nw6. I did it more for prevention because I was worrying alot around age 32.
Did you think you had recession here??? Your hair looked great in this photo. Also saw the progress photos and it looks awesome!