Fibrosis & Calcification Reversal: Rob's Hypotheses & Theories

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it offering regrwoth?
Also, it affects DHT and estrogen. This could be preventing needling results by disturbing your hormones
Microneedling for some could result in infection and subsequent inflammation. So doing it often could be dangerous and may cause hair to fall then grow.
I think the best practice is scalp skin kneading and head massage till you get redness. I am with the turmeric thing, it reduce inflammation .

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
My another theory though sounds bizzare is that dht increases brain and dura inflammation which in turn necessitate body to expand cranial vault . cranium increase put pressure on skin up to it and chokes the blood supply . microneedling helps to generate more skin which reduces pressure of skull expansion on hairlfolllicles. But if skulls continues to expand then one day microneedling would stop it's effects.

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is that even possibuh... those are 3 very straight lines and the massage is a random style of pinches and presses on the scalp, not in an order like those lines
Arrade, what do you think of the possibility of a circular nano size ring being embedded in the pores, preventing them from shrinkage? I mean could that stop pore from shrinking? It would slip over the follicle shaft and anchor around the pores diameter. Its just this weird theory I have. Came to mind from tsuji method.

Last edited:

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Arrade, what do you think of the possibility of a circular nano size ring being embedded in the pores, preventing them from shrinkage? I mean could that stop pore from shrinking? It would slip over the follicle shaft and anchor around the pores diameter. Its just this weird theory I have. Came to mind from tsuji method.
Honestly I look at it as more of a blood loss issue, and sebum just a side effect, not a causation of balding.
I don't know much about the pore idea, especially what you mean about Tsuji

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly I look at it as more of a blood loss issue, and sebum just a side effect, not a causation of balding.
I don't know much about the pore idea, especially what you mean about Tsuji
Oh ok, my point was if preventing the pores from ever shrinking could stop miniaturization. Or even the notion that once your scalp has calcified over, there's no chance at ever regrowing back. I just think that having some clear nano sized circular ring to implant flush within the pore, could prevent the "choking" of hair follicles. Or even preserve aggressive Norwooders till better treatments.

But come to think of it, this all sounds crazy because if it were a matter of keeping pore the same diameter; Botox would work.

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh ok, my point was if preventing the pores from ever shrinking could stop miniaturization. Or even the notion that once your scalp has calcified over, there's no chance at ever regrowing back. I just think that having some clear nano sized circular ring to implant flush within the pore, could prevent the "choking" of hair follicles. Or even preserve aggressive Norwooders till better treatments.

But come to think of it, this all sounds crazy because if it were a matter of keeping pore the same diameter; Botox would work.
I haven’t adopted the pore choking idea, as to me the hair follicle shrinks from loss of oxygen and nutrition. If the pore is crucial it does sound like a good although expensive idea

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
I knew a few that got regrowth from massage, or claimed that.
One used methylene blue, which inhibits calcium depositing and increases ATP
Another used vitamin mk4 + D, and scalp massaged once a day. He did ACV rinse before massage every other day

I think if it helps you only need to do it once a day. Twice a day is insanity

At this point taking Vit K + Vit D + magnesium oil topically + dermaneedling may be more effective than the massage.

As far as his nutrition goes, most of what he suggests is removing potentially inflammatory foods like milk or bread. But if you don't have an allergy/poor digestion with these, it is likely not necessary to remove them.

What you are basically following is the soft tissue calcification idea, that calcium deposits block blood flow to the hair follicles.
Mk7 + D vitamins can do this internally, actually fixing your internal calcium metabolism and pulling bad calcium back into the bone.
As Elephanto on the ray peat forum said, after using the supplements the massages just sped up the progress
Im loving this topic again! Are you using those vitamins? And any results if you are? Dermastamping mixed with topical magnesium oil and oral Vitamin D and K should surely stop this fibrosis. If we can get optimal scalp health this is a huge help

Trying2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just ordered Swansonvitamins K2 and D3. How much would be an ideal amount daily? And is magnesium oil safe to use as a topical? If we can create a beast of an anti inflammatory/calcification and fibrosis reversal topical would be interesting to see the results! Keen for some ideas

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just ordered Swansonvitamins K2 and D3. How much would be an ideal amount daily? And is magnesium oil safe to use as a topical? If we can create a beast of an anti inflammatory/calcification and fibrosis reversal topical would be interesting to see the results! Keen for some ideas
Magnesium is supposedly bad for hair; I use it on my limbs and let it sit before I shower or bed

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Vitamins don't do anything for hairloss. You need something a lot stronger to stop inflammation.

HelixO

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's pretty well established at this point that there is a connection between DHT and Fibrosis (Collagen build up). Studies have proven that balding areas of the scalp have elevated levels of DHT over non-balding areas. Studies have proven that balding areas of the scalp have up to 4x as much collagen tissue build up (Fibrosis) than non-balding areas. Studies have also well established that microneedling helps initiate the breakupof fibrotic tissue extremely effectively (it's #1 researched effect in dermatology). Likewise, a lot of people who have gotten hair transplants but refused to take finasteride often ended up loosing that transplanted hair, which further suggests hair loss is a local scalp issue and has nothing to do with "hair sensitivity to DHT".

None of this is theory, it is all well proven and established.

The theory relates to why all this occurs. I think it is likely that DHT both causes fibrosis which restricts bloodflow, and I think DHT also acts as an anti-inflammatory on its own (which reduces bloodflow). This is why lowering DHT levels can bring back hair growth in some areas of the scalp, but not in areas that have already been taken over by fibrosis, which requires either a blood vessel dilator like minoxidil to regrow, or simply addressing the fibrosis itself with mechanical stimulation.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What about huge (and almost total) recovery when they undergo MtF hormonal therapy ? Did it magically decrease skull size and destruct collagen build up ? What about woman ? Why pattern is different ?

They are a shitload of proof against this theory, which has been debunked many times
Anyway, good luck with your 'protocol'....Rob (KEK), who the hell is Rob anyway ?

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
What about huge (and almost total) recovery when they undergo MtF hormonal therapy ? Did it magically decrease skull size and destruct collagen build up ? What about woman ? Why pattern is different ?

They are a shitload of proof against this theory, which has been debunked many times
Anyway, good luck with your 'protocol'....Rob (KEK), who the hell is Rob anyway ?

Here, https://perfecthairhealth.com/trans-hormone-replacement-therapy-hair-regrowth/

What always ponder me, after reading about MTF hormonal therapy is, WHY the hell woman go bald ?

HelixO

My Regimen
Reaction score

Glad you brought that up. It doesn't take long browsing the various MtF forums (namely Susan.org) to see that the vast majority of MtF people do not experience "total" regrowth any more than your typical finasteride/dutasteride user, and the ones that do experience the most dramatic regrowth are those that transitioned at a young age (in their 20's) (which is the same for people who start finasteride young). As well, Estrogen itself is known to have properties which directly stimulate hair growth, which any OB/GYN can tell you - virtually all women experience a dramatic hair thickness increase when pregnant due to elevated levels of Estrogen.

The list could go on - but the point is even MTF individuals with prior severe cases of male pattern baldness failed to recover it all with just a hormonal change unless they started young. That clearly indicates there was some pre-existing scalp condition (fibrosis) restricting the regrowth. If you browse around you can find countless MtF individuals who didn't transition until their 40s+, with severe male pattern baldness, who still failed to recover any significant amount of hair even after several years on hormones.

* Note personally I am not an advocate of the massage theory. I don't think a massage is enough to stimulate the scalp to repair itself. I did intense scalp massages daily for a year straight and if anything my thinning on got worse. I believe something more intensive like microneedling is necessary. Fibrosis is literally scar tissue - I've never seen anyone completely heal a scar with just massaging (but it does help some), whereas needling has been shown to completely heal even severe scars.

What has been debunked? It's been proven numerous times that balding areas of the scalp have excessive collagen buildup (up to 4x more than non-balding areas), as well as elevated levels of DHT. This is NOT a theory. Such as:

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00403-007-0826-x
Dermal fibrosis in male pattern hair loss: a suggestive implication of mast cells

"It was found that collagen bundles were significantly increased in balding vertexes than in non-balding occiput scalp skin. A near 4-fold increase in elastic fibers was observed in both vertex and occiput scalp skins with MPHL versus controls"

Saulo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Considering balding scalp may be scar tissue, has anyone ever tried using those "scar healing" creams!?
Here in Brazil one of them is sold under the brand name "Cicatricure".

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Glad you brought that up. It doesn't take long browsing the various MtF forums (namely Susan.org) to see that the vast majority of MtF people do not experience "total" regrowth any more than your typical finasteride/dutasteride user, and the ones that do experience the most dramatic regrowth are those that transitioned at a young age (in their 20's) (which is the same for people who start finasteride young). As well, Estrogen itself is known to have properties which directly stimulate hair growth, which any OB/GYN can tell you - virtually all women experience a dramatic hair thickness increase when pregnant due to elevated levels of Estrogen.

The list could go on - but the point is even MTF individuals with prior severe cases of male pattern baldness failed to recover it all with just a hormonal change unless they started young. That clearly indicates there was some pre-existing scalp condition (fibrosis) restricting the regrowth. If you browse around you can find countless MtF individuals who didn't transition until their 40s+, with severe male pattern baldness, who still failed to recover any significant amount of hair even after several years on hormones.

* Note personally I am not an advocate of the massage theory. I don't think a massage is enough to stimulate the scalp to repair itself. I did intense scalp massages daily for a year straight and if anything my thinning on got worse. I believe something more intensive like microneedling is necessary. Fibrosis is literally scar tissue - I've never seen anyone completely heal a scar with just massaging (but it does help some), whereas needling has been shown to completely heal even severe scars.

What has been debunked? It's been proven numerous times that balding areas of the scalp have excessive collagen buildup (up to 4x more than non-balding areas), as well as elevated levels of DHT. This is NOT a theory. Such as:

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00403-007-0826-x
Dermal fibrosis in male pattern hair loss: a suggestive implication of mast cells

"It was found that collagen bundles were significantly increased in balding vertexes than in non-balding occiput scalp skin. A near 4-fold increase in elastic fibers was observed in both vertex and occiput scalp skins with MPHL versus controls"

Scarring process is very different from calcification, there's no turning back from scarring alopecia, even with dermaroll
And no, you can't erase scars, this just does not exist yet (cf. Cotsarelis who is working on this for a long time now)
You can "maybe" make them less visible to your eyes, but a scarred skin stay scarred

Maybe PolarytiTE

Quote from 2017 :
"Fat cells called adipocytes are normally found in the skin, but they’re lost when wounds heal as scars. The most common cells found in healing wounds are myofibroblasts, which were thought to only form a scar. Scar tissue also does not have any hair follicles associated with it, which is another factor that gives it an abnormal appearance from the rest of the skin. Researchers used these characteristics as the basis for their work – changing the already present myofibroblasts into fat cells that do not cause scarring"

I don't know in which world you're living, but it's clearly not Earth in 2018

Last edited: