Feeling extremely depressed.. no options

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I know its precisely no consolation, but you look absolutely fine with a shaved head, actually i think you look pretty good, suits you a lot more than most guys. I hope you can come to terms with it soon dude.

B

Beingbaldsucks

I will not lie to you, it's looks bad, your head shape is terrible, in your case i think an hairpiece will be the solution

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Do you have some pics with your hair?

dinosaur_sr

Established Member
Reaction score
I can see why you think your head is odd shaped, but it's not as bad as you imagine. Losing your hair sucks big time, but you pull it off pretty well, particularly in the second photo, you just look like a normal, fairly good looking dude. I could see you doing well with women if you stay confident and know yourself. Hope things turn out ok for you mate, it sucks that this happened to you, but there are positives there too.

s.a.f

Reaction score
The 2nd picture looks considerably better, possibly because you're tanned and smiling.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Beingbaldsucks said:
I will not lie to you, it's looks bad, your head shape is terrible, in your case i think an hairpiece will be the solution

Sorry dude but there are plenty of ways of being honest without being rude. It doesnt look bad in my opinion, but even if you do think it does, you could be more polite

Certainly a hairsystem is a possibility if you want options underdog, but you look great with a bit of a tan and relaxed in the second pic, im sure thats more indicative of how you look normall than staring at a camara point blank. Im a big advocate of systems, but I actually think in your instance that you would be best off rolling as you are

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
Beingbaldsucks said:

FFS you're an idiot.

To the OP - you don't look bad at all. I feel for you because I have the same OCD and body dysmorphia stuff from time to time and have hit real lows with it before where it seems like nothing else matters - the reality is different from what goes through your mind during these times.

Thing is, what stands out to you as being some terrible feature wont be noticed by the vast majority of people you come across. I very much doubt you'll get many women thinking about your head shape! Your facial features are dark and good looking and I'm jealous that your ears don't stick out like mine. Add to that you seem to be in pretty good shape and I don't think hair loss will affect you quite as negatively as it might seem sometimes if you put your doubts to one side.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Don't listen to beingbaldsucks he's a complete f*****g idiot and has no idea...

In the second picture you look great. Without getting to gay, you have good features and a really good smile, those things alone will endear you to most people and more than compensate for your lack of hair.

You could go the hair system route, but they never look 100% natural and any girl is going to find that a serious turn off as soon as they touch it.

You don't want to end up a laughing stock like Stephen Ireland with his silly toupe, so I say rock your natural look and be comfortable in your own skin because you have it a lot better than most bald-headed guys!

gascoigne

Established Member
Reaction score
God, what a hairloss can do to a good looking guy.
Friend, you still look quite ok, especialy the second pic, but i understand your worries.

underdog12

Reaction score
Man in Space said:
Beingbaldsucks said:

Sorry dude but there are plenty of ways of being honest without being rude. It doesnt look bad in my opinion, but even if you do think it does, you could be more polite

Thanks for the backup. I appreciate his honesty though.

Last edited:

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
underdog12 said:
Man in Space said:
Beingbaldsucks said:

Thanks for the backup. I appreciate his honesty though. I see my headshape as a massive issue and focus on it for hours each day. It is quite sickening. I am working on BDD. The problem is I don't believe in BDD if there is a problem there. Everyone around me tells me I look good and that the shaved head brings out my face and theres nothing wrong with my head. It hurts to hear the truth sometimes but for me my headshape has always been an issue. The reason I am posting is to get feedback on if it is a viable option. It seems to be my only one. I am a confident person generally and hiding under hats or toupees would not fit my style or OCD tendencies.

But what beingbaldsucks said is not the truth. It might be his opinion but it will not fit the opinion of the majority of people.

I know what you mean about hairpieces or caps not fitting your style - same with me when i worry about losing my hair (although i still have a fair bit), the only option will be to shave it when most has gone.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Exactly, but my opinion and the other guys are being honest too, if you looked bad we would suggest other options but you look good. I know the problem is deeper than a few guys saying you look alright. You seem to be pretty self aware so im sure you know this but if your spending a long time looking in the mirror each day then it souns like the OCD may be a bigger problem than the hairloss.

B

Beingbaldsucks

To the op sorry I didn't meant to hurt you, but I just love honesty, I keep asking my friend how do I look from 1-10 and I keep telling them everytime to be honest 100% with me, it's hurts me more when they lying to me, I also asked girls about my look and sworn them to tell the truth, they said I'm not ugly but I'm not attractive as well,and that I'm " little below average" I took it fine, correct me if I wrong but in the second pic you have hair, shaved while in the first one your sly bald, that's why the differences between the pics, the shaved form covering some of your head shape, maybe you need a beard and some tanning, I don't know, I still think you need somehow to cover that headshape because it will destroy your life.

underdog12

Reaction score
Andrei... I really don't feel comfortable wearing pieces. I will always be thinking about it etc. I mean I still think about the way I look now for hours a day, but hopefully that will subside.

The first photo I took was taken on an Iphone so maybe my head shape was accentuated or over-exaggerated. My face is a lot more oblong there anyways. I appreciate the honest feedback from people struggling with the same problem. Don't know if this pic changes anything.

B

Beingbaldsucks

underdog12 said:
Andrei... I really don't feel comfortable wearing pieces. I will always be thinking about it etc. I mean I still think about the way I look now for hours a day, but hopefully that will subside.

The first photo I took was taken on an Iphone so maybe my head shape was accentuated or over-exaggerated. My face is a lot more oblong there anyways. I appreciate the honest feedback from people struggling with the same problem. Don't know if this pic changes anything.
In this pic you look way better, maybe cuz it capture all of your face in a way that let us see the proportion.I can tell the a french beard will lOok good on you, it matches your eyebrows