f*** Allergan. Serial Dropping Of Future Treatments.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
First they drop BItamoprost , even after the positive results on phase 2. Now, Setipiprant is not longer on their pipeline and they never release the results of phase 2 ( even when one their site they tell they make the results public )

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Drug companies a profit driven. So if Allergan did really drop Setipiprant, it was possibly because the drug wasn’t as effective and it safer than current treatment options.

@westonci did seem to show results though. Maybe that was mostly from dermarolling and PGE2

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Drug companies a profit driven. So if Allergan did really drop Setipiprant, it was possibly because the drug wasn’t as effective and it safer than current treatment options.

@westonci did seem to show results though. Maybe that was mostly from dermarolling and PGE2

Well, not. First at all they drop Bitamoprost, that was show really good results. Problem is , it look like they want the magic bullet. They don't care the " same results than finasteride but without side effects " .
Thruth is, that a 2 gram dose per day for Androgenetic Alopecia, is not something that you can easily sell ( 4 pills per day ) , is like the antimarketing. But, should be nice, if they release the results of the phase 2 , like, for example, Glaxo did with Dutasteride.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
1) I thought we should be waiting for fevi instead ?

2) They will publish data in March 2019, exactly 1 year after trial end. I remember a member here emailed and got reply from Allergan

3) I am no surprise that seti will fail to enter the market since there is no regrowth.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bitamoprost had some nasty sides, including their magical eyelash grower.
As for Setipiprant, of course they dropped it, this does not work on Androgenetic Alopecia

Another day, another treatment failling. That's why trials are for.

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean even if seti did come through I feel like it would've came around the same time as cb0301 and I feel cb would be more effective and have fewer side effects, but the thought of adding seti onto an antiandrogen for people who have aggressive loss does make this unfortunate

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tried oral seti which I bought from Lyphar and didn't have any noticeable results in hair growth or reduction in shedding. It's possible the results of their study didn't produce the results they were hoping for either.

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If Novartis thought fevipiprant would work for Androgenetic Alopecia, wouldnt they patent it and do some proof of concept trial by now.

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From what i hear fevipiprant to setipiprant is like dutasteride to saw palmetto. Plus fevi can be used as a topical and builds up. Seti is sh*t
Yeah just the problem with fevi is that I doubt many doctors would be willing to prescribe it off brand

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bitamoprost had some nasty sides, including their magical eyelash grower.
As for Setipiprant, of course they dropped it, this does not work on Androgenetic Alopecia

Another day, another treatment failling. That's why trials are for.

1) Please put some prove , some study showing of this nasty side effects
2) MOst propably, you are wrong. First at all, the 2012 study was outstanding , simple perfect. It shows that high PDG2 inhibit Hair growth exactly as it happen with male pattern baldness, it show that male pattern baldness have high PDG2 and it even show that blocking the receptor , the hair grew again .
And, by last, The cetirizine study made public this year, also show that it works for male pattern baldness . But , we will not for sure if they release the results or when fevipiprant became commercially available for Asthma .

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tried oral seti which I bought from Lyphar and didn't have any noticeable results in hair growth or reduction in shedding. It's possible the results of their study didn't produce the results they were hoping for either.
Sorry, but home made drugs that y
If Novartis thought fevipiprant would work for Androgenetic Alopecia, wouldnt they patent it and do some proof of concept trial by now.
Actually , not . It depend on many other things. For example, Merck never tested Finasteride for acne, but it is give is as alternative treatment to treat acne. Also, neither did it for hirsutism in women , same thing .

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn’t see it there when I checked 3-4 months ago. I asked people on the seti thread but my post didn’t get response.

Did they have it there in the first place? Someone mentioned that they only put things up that are going to be released within 2 years

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn’t see it there when I checked 3-4 months ago. I asked people on the seti thread but my post didn’t get response.

Did they have it there in the first place? Someone mentioned that they only put things up that are going to be released within 2 years
If you look at allergans pipeline they actually took off over half of their treatments. They only have treatments that will be available in the next year or two now. I don’t think they actually dropped setipiprant

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From what i hear fevipiprant to setipiprant is like dutasteride to saw palmetto. Plus fevi can be used as a topical and builds up. Seti is sh*t
I sure hope, because after 9mos on seti (or what I think is seti) I’m not encouraged