Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

exwhyyou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I sincerely wish someone put me onto HRT when I was 14. I needed it but the only trans people at my school were FTM which was way more in vogue at the time. And if I remember correctly they all were obsessed with taking testosterone for the deep voice aspect only (BRUTAL).

Not saying I would put an underage person onto HRT because I absolutely wouldn’t. That isn’t my place. But I would have taken it immediately if someone explained balding and masculinization to me as a 14 year old. No question.

I always pictured myself aging exactly the same just with a beard lmfao. I pictured myself at age 40 with a thicker head of hair than I had when I was 17. Since I was really fat and tall I thought I looked much older anyway so it couldn’t possibly get any worse. The second I realized it was gonna be a terrible life ahead of me BECAUSE of testosterone, I was considering estradiol.

exwhyyou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s so funny to look back at pictures from when I was 18 when I knew I had a big forehead but couldn’t really conceptualize balding because of low iq. I was walking around thinking I had baby era justin Bieber hair just on a bearded fat body but it was so stringy, thin, and greasy as f***. Literally looked like a meth addict when I was doing no drugs nor drinking at the time.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
Important update:

2 years on HRT. After this long time on HRT I have tried many thing along the way and I can say what have worked and not worked in all the time I have been on it.

The first 6 months I was on sublingual pill but also used gels sometimes and CPA, In that time my hair was fried as hell and my face feminizes rapidly, so it was not the goal I was seeking so this regimen was not optimal for me. Idk if it was because sublingual and gels was not enough to increase my E2 or if it was the CPA doing more harm than good (I didn't do any blood test on the first month).

After the first 6 months I started with injections and bica but didn't stop CPA after the first months on injections to get the T and DHT under control. After dropping the CPA things started to improve rapidly, my hair started to look healthier and I was really happy with it. At that time I was using bicalutamide 25 mg every other day and estradiol enanthate 6 mg per week. The feminization stopped and I was recovering my hair so it was a very optimal regimen since it didnt give me feminization but hair growth.

After sometimes I decreased my estradiol to 5.5mg because 6 mg was just a build up dosage since my levels got too high.

In the last 2 months I got very paranoid with my hair again and I decided to increase bicalutamide from 25 mg every other day to bicalutamide 25 mg every day and also increased estradiol to 6 mg. This was the biggest mistake of my life. My T, DHT and other androgens were already low before increasing the bicalutamide, but it further decreased it so I was suffering from 0 T symptoms and too much estrogen (low energy, dry hair and skin, muscle weakness and hair loss). I did a blood test to see what was going on and every androgen was lower but DHT increased. This might sound weird because how the DHT could rise after a year of being less than 5ng/dl suddenly. My theory was that my overall androgens were that low that my body increased DHT via backdoor pathway to get some androgens on the bloodstream since DHT is too powerful and bica at these dosages might not suppress it entirely.

Now after seeing all this, I came back to my old regimen of 5.5 mg estradiol enanthate once a week and bica 25 mg every other day alongside the dutasteride and oral min I was taking during all my hrt timeline and also before it for a year and a half and I feel good again and my hair is slowly coming back.

My conclusion is that dont get obssesed and stop increase your medication if the things that works keep working without touching anything.

Also for those who are wondering, after 2 years on HRT I don't have any feminization on my face, my beard grow normally and my sexual function remains the same as the first day on HRT, I could have posted a pic to prove but there are some ppl here whose work is to ridiculize and dox other users so I will keep it for myself.

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Important update:

2 years on HRT. After this long time on HRT I have tried many thing along the way and I can say what have worked and not worked in all the time I have been on it.

The first 6 months I was on sublingual pill but also used gels sometimes and CPA, In that time my hair was fried as hell and my face feminizes rapidly, so it was not the goal I was seeking so this regimen was not optimal for me. Idk if it was because sublingual and gels was not enough to increase my E2 or if it was the CPA doing more harm than good (I didn't do any blood test on the first month).

After the first 6 months I started with injections and bica but didn't stop CPA after the first months on injections to get the T and DHT under control. After dropping the CPA things started to improve rapidly, my hair started to look healthier and I was really happy with it. At that time I was using bicalutamide 25 mg every other day and estradiol enanthate 6 mg per week. The feminization stopped and I was recovering my hair so it was a very optimal regimen since it didnt give me feminization but hair growth.

After sometimes I decreased my estradiol to 5.5mg because 6 mg was just a build up dosage since my levels got too high.

In the last 2 months I got very paranoid with my hair again and I decided to increase bicalutamide from 25 mg every other day to bicalutamide 25 mg every day and also increased estradiol to 6 mg. This was the biggest mistake of my life. My T, DHT and other androgens were already low before increasing the bicalutamide, but it further decreased it so I was suffering from 0 T symptoms and too much estrogen (low energy, dry hair and skin, muscle weakness and hair loss). I did a blood test to see what was going on and every androgen was lower but DHT increased. This might sound weird because how the DHT could rise after a year of being less than 5ng/dl suddenly. My theory was that my overall androgens were that low that my body increased DHT via backdoor pathway to get some androgens on the bloodstream since DHT is too powerful and bica at these dosages might not suppress it entirely.

Now after seeing all this, I came back to my old regimen of 5.5 mg estradiol enanthate once a week and bica 25 mg every other day alongside the dutasteride and oral min I was taking during all my hrt timeline and also before it for a year and a half and I feel good again and my hair is slowly coming back.

My conclusion is that dont get obssesed and stop increase your medication if the things that works keep working without touching anything.

Also for those who are wondering, after 2 years on HRT I don't have any feminization on my face, my beard grow normally and my sexual function remains the same as the first day on HRT, I could have posted a pic to prove but there are some ppl here whose work is to ridiculize and dox other users so I will keep it for myself.
I'm thinking of switching to Cipro for 6 months because in theory it's better for hair than Bicalutamide. I think you got better not because you switched to Bica, but because you switched to injections.

Adri23

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm thinking of switching to Cipro for 6 months because in theory it's better for hair than Bicalutamide. I think you got better not because you switched to Bica, but because you switched to injections.
Could be. Anyways I wont try cypro again because it was giving me side effects anyways.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Important update:

Sexual function remains the same is total bull. One guy here got ED problems from hrt even, when u lower T by alot and nuke dht you cant expect to be as you were before hrt. Litteraly impossible.

Last edited:

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sexual function remains the same is total bull. One guy here got ED problems from hrt even, when u lower T by alot and nuke dht you cant expect to be as you were before hrt. Litteraly impossible.
I have 0 change in function. Stop spreading misinformation it literally doesn't change anything, idiots like you scare everyone away from hrt with your made up side effects. I expected my genitals to fully stop working but there was literally no change whatsoever.

exwhyyou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually wish hrt had fully halted any sexual functioning. Like no erections, no stimulation would be perfect for me.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even finasteride reduces sperm and semen quality. Literally scientifically documented. Stop lying. I’m not saying HRT will COMPLETELY shut down sexual function, but saying that it does not impact it or that it just impacts libido is straight cope.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even finasteride reduces sperm and semen quality. Literally scientifically documented. Stop lying. I’m not saying HRT will COMPLETELY shut down sexual function, but saying that it does not impact it or that it just impacts libido is straight cope.
It shuts down sperm production, not the actual function of your dick. Sperm is useless anyway

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
There’s much more to it.

Attachments

• IMG_8611.png
    IMG_8611.png
    344.4 KB · Views: 35

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some of you may find such side effects desirable. Hey, that’s up to your opinion. But what cannot be denied is the objective reality that these drugs have side effects (whether perceived or not)

exwhyyou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lowkey I hope Almas tries cpa… if he gets prettier and/or completely loses libido I’d happily try it in place of bica

monehair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Erection remains the same but achieving orgasm takes time. this happens to me on only e2 2mg .

This sounds like the fantasy groomers want to instill. "Oh no, you'll last longer, how bad."

For me it was the opposite on HRT mono. Basically impossible to get erect and became too sensitive.

I am saying this so some people considering HRT do not get only this extremely biased perspective