Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good question. you can get away with total on both T and E. If you add an extra SHBG test, there is a formulae that lets' you calculate the free T and E respectively. Note that if you use bica, T levels in serum level become meaningless.

As2021

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know but this wasnt a shedding, I whas using finasteride for about 8 months and it whas a complete hell, I had increase Oily skin. High libido. Acne all over my scalp, Red itchy burning scalp, Also developed new body hairs on my shoulder. I whas a norwood 1 for ever and i whas more of a diffuse thinner all over my scalp but once i started finasteride it made my hairline go from norwood 1 to norwood 1.7ish.
Same situation

As2021

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know but this wasnt a shedding, I whas using finasteride for about 8 months and it whas a complete hell, I had increase Oily skin. High libido. Acne all over my scalp, Red itchy burning scalp, Also developed new body hairs on my shoulder. I whas a norwood 1 for ever and i whas more of a diffuse thinner all over my scalp but once i started finasteride it made my hairline go from norwood 1 to norwood 1.7ish.
I am using coconut oil to cool my burning head. My head is always dry and itchy with dandruff. If I use ketoconozol shampoo it goes even more dry and hair become thin and fragile.

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good question. you can get away with total on both T and E. If you add an extra SHBG test, there is a formulae that lets' you calculate the free T and E respectively. Note that if you use bica, T levels in serum level become meaningless.
Thank you for your reply. I take E. It's just that a lot of people post their T tests and it's not clear if it's free or total.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mosdef total. Free levels in this range would make them supranormal beings.

There is no point to get your free T checked unless this is in relation for also checking if your SHBC is abnormally decreased or increased.

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got some pills from the pharmacy called Cyclacur 1,67 euros LOL and it has 11 pills with 2 mg Estradiol valerate each and 10 pills with Estradiol valerate + Norgestrel. I will use only the E2 pills 2 mg is Estradiol valerate a legit form of E2 oral??(i will cut in quarters and take sublingually)

Last edited:

Breadland

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got some pills from the pharmacy called Cyclacur 1,67 euros LOL and it has 11 pills with 2 mg Estradiol valerate each and 10 pills with Estradiol valerate + Norgestrel. I will use only the E2 pills 2 mg is Estradiol valerate a legit form of E2 oral??(i will cut in quarters and take sublingually)
Estradiol valerate is a legit form of E2 but it's slightly weaker than regular estradiol pills.
1.5mg oral estradiol pills = 2mg oral estradiol valerate
Even though they haven't been designed to be taken sublingually you can still take them like that.
The problem is that compared to regular estradiol pills they will take a lot longer to dissolve because of the coating that they have.
Since you'll be splitting them into quarters that'll make it a bit easier to dissolve them, but if you still find it hard to keep them under your tongue until they fully dissolved try taking them buccally, between the cheek and gums.

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Estradiol valerate is a legit form of E2 but it's slightly weaker than regular estradiol pills.
1.5mg oral estradiol pills = 2mg oral estradiol valerate
Even though they haven't been designed to be taken sublingually you can still take them like that.
The problem is that compared to regular estradiol pills they will take a lot longer to dissolve because of the coating that they have.
Since you'll be splitting them into quarters that'll make it a bit easier to dissolve them, but if you still find it hard to keep them under your tongue until they fully dissolved try taking them buccally, between the cheek and gums.
there is another pill called Femaston which has estradiol hemihydrate(17 b estradiol) is that form better for hair?? Should i switch to that?? it is super cheap too.You mean weaker for hair or in general?

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Happy holidays to all the thread readers

Attachments

• IMG_20211223_184544.jpg
    IMG_20211223_184544.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 298
  • IMG_20211223_184620.jpg
    IMG_20211223_184620.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_20211223_185416.jpg
    IMG_20211223_185416.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 306

Breadland

My Regimen
Reaction score
there is another pill called Femaston which has estradiol hemihydrate(17 b estradiol) is that form better for hair?? Should i switch to that?? it is super cheap too.You mean weaker for hair or in general?
Yes, estradiol hemihydrate is much easier to take sublingually because it'll dissolve a lot faster. Although both of them are safe to use unlike the older synthetic estrogens that you'd find in birth control pills.

By weaker it's just weaker per mg. It's not like one type is better for your hair since it's still going to be converted into estradiol in the body, but with the hemihydrate you'll get better e2 levels at the same dose.

Just make sure to take the quarters evenly spaced out so you don't get mood swings, hot flashes, etc from your e2 levels spiking and then dropping too low. (check the attached picture) Might be a good idea to up your dose to 4mg daily if you feel worse in between your doses or if you'll be taking estradiol long term.

Happy holidays to all the thread readers
Happy holidays to you too.

That looks like decent regrowth. How many months apart are the first and 3rd pictures?

Attachments

• 300px-Estradiol_levels_with_oral_versus_sublingual_estradiol_in_postmenopausal_women.png
    300px-Estradiol_levels_with_oral_versus_sublingual_estradiol_in_postmenopausal_women.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 96

Breadland

My Regimen
Reaction score
has anyone on hrt noticed a shed before seeing results?
I was personally shedding like crazy before HRT even while I had been on finasteride for 7 months. But a few months into HRT the shedding slowed down and my left temple got completely covered in peach fuzz.
11 months in the top of my head looks great and I got a bit of regrowth to my hairline. Mostly shorter and thinner hairs next to my left temple. Unfortunately my right temple hasn't recovered much if at all.

I haven't tried micro needling or minoxidil though.

Ests13

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was personally shedding like crazy before HRT even while I had been on finasteride for 7 months. But a few months into HRT the shedding slowed down and my left temple got completely covered in peach fuzz.
11 months in the top of my head looks great and I got a bit of regrowth to my hairline. Mostly shorter and thinner hairs next to my left temple. Unfortunately my right temple hasn't recovered much if at all.

I haven't tried micro needling or minoxidil though.
I’ve started shedding a 1.5 month after starting progynova pills, but it doesn’t look bad at all, just shedding. Went from 20 to 80(?) hairs lost a day, it might also be seasonal, but I hardly doubt it; imo sheds never bring good things.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
sheds bring good things. I am not the only one saying that. Dr Powers has noticed in his new patients the hormonal shed. Sheds (not to be confused with miniaturisation) as a way for the hair follicle to push old hair that didn't grow anymore from telogen to exogen (hair ejected from the scalp). then new hair comes out and is usually stronger than the previous one as you are under hormonal treatment providing a better environment for the hair. No point keeping the old hair if you can grow longer hair to replace them.

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, estradiol hemihydrate is much easier to take sublingually because it'll dissolve a lot faster. Although both of them are safe to use unlike the older synthetic estrogens that you'd find in birth control pills.

By weaker it's just weaker per mg. It's not like one type is better for your hair since it's still going to be converted into estradiol in the body, but with the hemihydrate you'll get better e2 levels at the same dose.

Just make sure to take the quarters evenly spaced out so you don't get mood swings, hot flashes, etc from your e2 levels spiking and then dropping too low. (check the attached picture) Might be a good idea to up your dose to 4mg daily if you feel worse in between your doses or if you'll be taking estradiol long term.

Happy holidays to you too.

That looks like decent regrowth. How many months apart are the first and 3rd pictures?
i was thinking adding maybe 0.5 e2 everyday just to lower testosterone i am already on bica duta and fina+ minoxidil!