Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Based on my own experience ofcourse, it is not supposed to be advice. I'm taking from what i learned from my own experiences. People from an eunuch forum suggest 200mg as a chemical castration trial which imo is overkill which is why i said 50-200 and that is monotherapy not with an additional estrogen. Some people are able to reduce the amount after being on the drug for some time where being on such a dose doesn't pose anymore benefit; the drug has a relatively long half-life so usually it's taken with an estrogen at 25mg every other day which works out to be like 12.5mg everyday. Heck, some trans women are able to reduce it down to 6.25mg and keep their testosterone in low ranges.

"Eunuchs" are a different story though, they do a chemical castration trial for about 3-6 months taking said dose i said in my original reply which isn't long enough to have lasting effects on physical health besides a prolactinoma that goes away on its own after discontinuation. I got this information from the eunuch archive and after the chemcast trial they decide whether to go full hrt or gonadectomy with trt. To say any drug is safe is a mistake I made on my part and I should have clarified more. But if you don't believe what I said thats understandable since a forum of self-proclaimed castration aficionados isn't the most reliable of places to get your information from and it is to be a fool to draw conclusions like the ones I made.

Nothing i said should be taken as advice, and the next time i should make that clarification and that i maybe wrong and always willing to stand corrected.
I think Eunuch forums are not what most people have in mind when talking about these extreme regimens in the context of hair lol. The transfeminine approach is simply better in terms of hair. If somebody is willing to nuke their androgens to regain hair, risking gyno anyway, I see no reason why not to combine Estrogen with an AA. It's safer and more effective then AA monotherapy.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
These high doses of spironolactone should be concerning to anyone willing to try this nuclear option. That crap taxes the heck out of your kidneys. You’ll be taking a leak every hour. Too each their own, I guess to some men hair loss is worth their changing their physical appearance and adding female secondary sex characteristics. Crazy F’rs. Maybe someday the phara companies look deeper into the estrogen trick and pull a non feminized protocol outta the hat. Millions of men will flock.
Yeah, a non systematic Estrogen solution would be basically the cure for Androgenic hair loss. But we got to work with what we got for now, plus what's crazy for one person can be seen as desired by another, so like you said, too each their own.

And I agree with the spironolactone thing, It's not the best Antiandrogen, If I were forced to use it I'd prefer trying Estrogen monotherapy first. Thankfully CPA seems to be well tolerated by my body.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, a non systematic Estrogen solution would be basically the cure for Androgenic hair loss.
Sorry for pissing in your kool-aid but no, it wouldn't be. Estrogen doesn't reverse the changes in skin, blood vessels, nor stem cell dysfunction. And the list goes on.
It's a powerful tool and in combination with DHT control it's able to do wonders but there's still a lot of cases where it doesn't regrow a significant amount of hairs, or even halt balding itself.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry for pissing in your kool-aid but no, it wouldn't be. Estrogen doesn't reverse the changes in skin, blood vessels, nor stem cell dysfunction. And the list goes on.
It's a powerful tool and in combination with DHT control it's able to do wonders but there's still a lot of cases where it doesn't regrow a significant amount of hairs, or even halt balding itself.
Yeah, you're right. The only full cure would be probably genetic engineering to get rid of the balding genes themselves. Still a topical Estrogen that does not go systematic would be a much better cure for most cis males then what we have now, the success rate of HRT for hair is pretty high.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll just post my update in here since this is honestly the primary HRT thread now. Forgive the pics not being identical both in format and lighting, but my lighting is actually harsher in my after pics if anything tbh so hopefully it shows decently well what I'm seeing irl as far as this progress goes. My regimen up til the beginning of September was 200mg spironolactone/6mg sublingual E/100mg progesterone/1mg finasteride EOD/0.5mg dutasteride EOD (just doing this til i run out of finasteride then it'll be just be dutasteride ED), minoxidil 1x day after showering, microneedling once a week, stemoxydine 1x day

Around the beginning of September I switched to EV injections 4mg/3.5day cycle, that was the main change from then til now. A week ago I also added OM and reduced my spironolactone dose to 100mg, added bicalutamide 25mg. I've got about 12ish days of spironolactone left and then after that I'll be dropping it entirely and remaining on 25mg bicalutamide as my primary AA.

Kinda doubt any of these results are thanks to OM/bica since I've only been on it for like a week and my OM dose is really low in the hopes to avoid extra body/facial hair. But we'll see how OM in particular pans out. May end up having to drop it if I cant tolerate the sides

Attachments

• IMG-0915.JPG
    IMG-0915.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG-0909.JPG
    IMG-0909.JPG
    167.7 KB · Views: 221

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll just post my update in here since this is honestly the primary HRT thread now. Forgive the pics not being identical both in format and lighting, but my lighting is actually harsher in my after pics if anything tbh so hopefully it shows decently well what I'm seeing irl as far as this progress goes. My regimen up til the beginning of September was 200mg spironolactone/6mg sublingual E/100mg progesterone/1mg finasteride EOD/0.5mg dutasteride EOD (just doing this til i run out of finasteride then it'll be just be dutasteride ED), minoxidil 1x day after showering, microneedling once a week, stemoxydine 1x day

Around the beginning of September I switched to EV injections 4mg/3.5day cycle, that was the main change from then til now. A week ago I also added OM and reduced my spironolactone dose to 100mg, added bicalutamide 25mg. I've got about 12ish days of spironolactone left and then after that I'll be dropping it entirely and remaining on 25mg bicalutamide as my primary AA.

Kinda doubt any of these results are thanks to OM/bica since I've only been on it for like a week and my OM dose is really low in the hopes to avoid extra body/facial hair. But we'll see how OM in particular pans out. May end up having to drop it if I cant tolerate the sides
Great results, I'm happy for you :)

Also quite a regimen I must say, lots of stuff! I'm personally too chicken to try Oral Minoxidil, would be devastated if I got more body and facial hair :(

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great results, I'm happy for you :)

Also quite a regimen I must say, lots of stuff! I'm personally too chicken to try Oral Minoxidil, would be devastated if I got more body and facial hair :(
I'm just feeling a bit out of options and slightly desperate to recover my temples. I probably won't stay on OM for long. I'm honestly not taking it every single day, it's just some days I don't feel like doing topical, so I just ingest a drop of the kirkland minoxidil. Which translates to me taking OM 2-3x a week basically at a very small dose. All that said though, the first sign of new hairs on my face or body and I'm cutting it. I'm pretty naturally hairless and what little hair I had on my face is already lasered off except for a tiny bit on my chin. I also have 6 sessions left I can use to knock out any hairs that pop up during this experiment if needed, so meh. Trial run

Last edited:

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just feeling a bit out of options and slightly desperate to recover my temples. I probably won't stay on OM for long. I'm honestly not taking it every single day, it's just some days I don't feel like doing topical, so I just ingest a drop of the kirkland minoxidil. Which translates to me taking OM 2-3x a week basically at a very small dose. All that said though, the first sign of new hairs on my face or body and I'm cutting it. I'm pretty naturally hairless and what little hair I had on my face is already lasered off except for a tiny bit on my chin. I also have 6 sessions left I can use to knock out any hairs that pop up during this experiment if needed, so meh. Trial run
You still have a full head of hair just like on your old thread?? Are crown and vertex completely recovered??Can you post crown pics?? TIA sister :)

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You still have a full head of hair just like on your old thread?? Are crown and vertex completely recovered??Can you post crown pics?? TIA sister :)
I definitely wouldn't say it's completely recovered in the vertex/crown, but it's good enough that I'm fairly happy with it. I'm trying to give it some more hair cycles to really get the full effect I can out of everything I'm doing before resulting to a hair transplant. But in the end I'll probably get like a 3000 graft procedure in the next 2-3 years, 1500 in the front 1500 in the crown/vertex just to up density a bit and fill in my temples.

I'll try to get a crown pic sometime soon. I don't really have anything to compare to though, haven't taken crown pics in years and they are kinda meaningless as a comparison because I basically was starting from slightly above baseline in April of this year

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought I'd do a little timeline to show this stuff really works, and fast in my case. After 2 months of HRT I can finally hide my bald crown areas with a bit of combing.

*July 2021, 1 month before HRT.

crown.png

*23 August 2021, Day one of HRT. Hair bit longer, but crown still bald

IMG_20210823_120843.jpg

*11 September 2021, Hair getting better
IMG_20210911_140632.jpg

*18 September 2021

hair 1month.jpg

*04 October 2021

crown.png

*11 October 2021

11oct.png

*21 October 2021, today. Day 63 of HRT

oct21.png

Now, someone might say my hair simply got longer. Yeah, that's true. But before HRT it never would get this long, it was mostly grey on the crown, weak and would fall out before getting long. Plus some areas were totally bald, like I could feel the skin under my fingers. Now I can feel hair.

Last edited:

Gynobro237

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm gonna start cutting down my regimen down to something more sensible.
How does this sound,
0.5mg dutasteride - daily;
25mg cyproterone acetate - everyother day;
4mg estradiol valerate injections - every 5 days;

Considering I can get dutasteride on a private prescription for £20/monthly, the rest works out to be £14/monthly in addition to the dutasteride.
Or £34/month which is what some people are paying just for finasteride on a private prescription.
I hope to god this can actually work a difference, my life depends on it.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm gonna start cutting down my regimen down to something more sensible.
How does this sound,
0.5mg dutasteride - daily;
25mg cyproterone acetate - everyother day;
4mg estradiol valerate injections - every 5 days;

Considering I can get dutasteride on a private prescription for £20/monthly, the rest works out to be £14/monthly in addition to the dutasteride.
Or £34/month which is what some people are paying just for finasteride on a private prescription.
I hope to god this can actually work a difference, my life depends on it.
Yeah, this regimen sounds good. One thing I'd change tho is the cypro, you can take 12.5mg every day, no need for 25mg every second day. Such a large dose at a time could tax the liver and raise prolactin a bit high. On the other hand CPA has a long half life so maybe it won't matter as much, it's up to you.

Anyway, good luck and wish you a lot of nice and healthy hair :)

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Before HRT, when I ate some types of sweets, within a few minutes I started itching on my face and pimples in the itchy areas. The reaction of the skin to sweets was immediate, so I avoided many types of sweets so as not to suffer from itching and acne.
I recently bought a Twix bar on purpose, which always gave me this reaction. And nothing. No skin reaction. Although the reaction was even to Bicalutamide, like acne

I can draw the following conclusions and assumptions:
1) Some sweets are somehow capable of causing AR activation in the shortest possible time (a couple of minutes)
2) Bicalutamide does not completely block receptors, although it does to some extent and improves acne. For example, he reduced the area of my acne: before Bicalutamide, it was everywhere, even on the chin, under the eyebrows and under the nose. But only the forehead and cheeks remained on bicalutamide.

Bicalutamide reduces the activity of the sebaceous glands better than Isotretinoin, but it cope with acne worse. This suggests that isotretinoin affects acne in a different way.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought I'd also do a temple timeline of my last 2 months. I've had some pretty good regrowth there too, at least for such a short time.

*23 August 2021, day 1 of HRT

IMG_20210823_120758.jpg IMG_20210823_120754.jpg

*07 September 2021

IMG_20210907_134647.jpg IMG_20210907_135041.jpg zoom.png

*11 September 2021

IMG_20210911_135410.jpg zoom.png

*20 September 2021

IMG_20210920_143612.jpg IMG_20210920_143630.jpg

*11 October 2021

IMG_20211011_135444.jpg IMG_20211011_135458.jpg

*22 October 2021, Day 64 of HRT

IMG_20211022_132217.jpg temple22.png

As you can see they are filling in. A lot of visibility and how it looks depends on lighting, but new hair is growing quite fast. I haven't had to use Minoxidil at all, just HRT. This just goes to show that even with the worst balding genes there are ways to regrow hair, the only thing that is needed is determination.

For me this was an easy choice, but I am aware that if somebody is cis the this kind of regimen might be hard for them to accept. But if they can it does not matter what genes or balding progress someone has already got. HRT will regrow your hair, if it's helping me it can help anyone, the only variable being how much depending on the person.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it growing longer than it used to?
Yeah, it never was able to get longer in the balding areas before, it just got weak, grey and fell out. New hairs are also getting longer, I can see it both on my temples and crown. In some areas it even looks like my hairline from like 4 years ago is coming back.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, it never was able to get longer in the balding areas before, it just got weak, grey and fell out. New hairs are also getting longer, I can see it both on my temples and crown. In some areas it even looks like my hairline from like 4 years ago is coming back.
That's a really good sign

Nghtly

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh wow this thread's grown alooot. If anyone is interested I posted an update to my success stories thread after year+ hiatus. Oh, and hello again everyone :)
Hi dude i hope your still around here My english is quite bad sorry for that. So to start of i can see my self in you allot, I also started using finasteride 3 years ago and it whent HORRIBELE i lost more hair on finasteride then i ever did. I Whas always a norwood 1 and it made 1 side of my hairline norwood 1.5 also increased oily skin and horrible acne all over my scalp so in 1 word i had reflex hyperandrogenicity for 5 month straigt . But until today my hairloss has not stopped for over 7 years now my hair density is still good i got very thick hair But the sides of my head also around my ears are much more thinner then the rest. Also i have hairloss all over my scalp even on my legs. And i just dont know what to do. I also saw you jump on HRT and that it did not work since U had reflex hyperandrogenicity..... Am willing to do allot for my hair. Could you tell me please what worked for you and what i can try.