Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

franzliszt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know what to do with hyperandrogenism and, to be honest, I even doubted that it existed. Could you tell us more about how it manifests itself?
I can advise you to abandon CPA and increase E to 200-300 pg / ml and higher. If I understand correctly, your E is 75 pg / ml. This is a low level, and estradiol decreases receptor sensitivity
Last time I was on here you were just starting full HRT, how are things going, any progress?

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps I will become the most successful on this forum. I have not seen a full recovery before Norwood 0 for early aggressive hair loss
Early diagnosis and the only effective treatment - HRT - is our salvation.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps I will become the most successful on this forum. I have not seen a full recovery before Norwood 0 for early aggressive hair loss
Early diagnosis and the only effective treatment - HRT - is our salvation.
So recovery from NW0 is more successful than this? We are all on the same team so I try not to be competitive. Pic 4 is my destiny although it's much longer now because eh, my X does not care for Janey.

Attachments

• bald.png
    bald.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 134
  • balder.png
    balder.png
    105 KB · Views: 116
  • balderest.png
    balderest.png
    108 KB · Views: 139
  • 30somthin.jpeg
    30somthin.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 136

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So recovery from NW0 is more successful than this? We are all on the same team so I try not to be competitive. Pic 4 is my destiny although it's much longer now because eh, my X does not care for Janey.
The case of the Gergely temples clearly shows why one should start earlier. I have never been noticeably bald and have not experienced the suffering that I might have experienced. Also, earlier treatment will shorten the time it takes to recover. This is important given that estradiol has undesirable effects on cis guys associated with long-term treatment.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The case of the Gergely temples clearly shows why one should start earlier. I have never been noticeably bald and have not experienced the suffering that I might have experienced. Also, earlier treatment will shorten the time it takes to recover. This is important given that estradiol has undesirable effects on cis guys associated with long-term treatment.
I think I knew what you meant but all indications seem to be the more hair one starts with, the more possible is partial or full recovery. I agree with you but I officially only advocate HRT for males with excessive suicidal ideation or depression; otherwise people snipe. It appears to all, be largely reversible except for say breast growth to U.S. B cup and larger.

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1631181247735.png

I doubt you can wear this hairstyle. I am not impressed by the photos with the hair lying down. When I first started to go bald, I was no longer able to pull the bangs up, because the hair could not hold volume and give in to styling. This is not what I'm aiming for

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 169042
I doubt you can wear this hairstyle. I am not impressed by the photos with the hair lying down. When I first started to go bald, I was no longer able to pull the bangs up, because the hair could not hold volume and give in to styling. This is not what I'm aiming for
Except for my hair type, none of these are far past me but I find several of those hair lines to be unnaturally low which then leads to people wanting systems to look like that. If someone wants to hide being on HRT or wearing a system, then looking like most of those guys is not in my opinion the way to go. I would much prefer having an oval hair line and a couple of these guys have M shaped hair lines. But the idea that you came up with something new or a new path is simply not true. XY's have been on puberty blockers for years if they identify as trans. Not to mention, in two weeks you will be complaining again about HRT not working for you and now you've gone from HRT not working to I am not sure what.

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My temples are not indicative of what one could expect from HRT. I always had a bad hairline.

Attachments

• IMG_20210909_125444.jpg
    IMG_20210909_125444.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 139

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol. Yeah, don't drag poor Gergely into this and eh, maybe be a bit more modest since HRT doesn't appear to work for many and we con't appear to have a clue way. Purportedly, a female hormonal environment is conducive to regrowth but that makes the exceptions maddening.
Im just saying that i never meant to have a round hairline from hrt, because i never had

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im just saying that i never meant to have a round hairline from hrt, because i never had
In this case, your result is better than I thought. You've probably restored your original hairline - that's great

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair is perfect but I don't think you are declaring victory yet either. It looks like Franz and Junely have given up and Junely was responding wonderfully.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair is perfect but I don't think you are declaring victory yet either. It looks like Franz and Junely have given up and Junely was responding wonderfully.
If we are setting records here, then I am in chase of the best 57 year old year after being totally bald. We knew this works for most of the younger people but now I think there's hope for anyone "just in it for the hair" which I officially am again after the last court hearing.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Success consists in lowering T to the castration / female level (<50ng/dl), for which the E level must be above 200-300 pg / ml. Take Bicalutamide and Finasteride as a safety net. While I doubt Bicalutamide is doing anything in my regimen, I take it just in case
Yet again I tell you that castration levels can be achieved at much lower E2 levels.
Just do the tests! They aren't that expensive for most people.

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yet again I tell you that castration levels can be achieved at much lower E2 levels.
Just do the tests! They aren't that expensive for most people.
1631197861723.png

It may also depend on the antiandrogens used. E levels may be lower with CPA, but I am not considering this antiandrogen.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
At least in Janey's case, antiandrogens were not necessary for significant regrowth. Some people tend to forget that estradiol has the potential to downregulate androgens in the right dosages. That isn't to say that antiandrogens don't work, they just don't work as well as estrogen of course, which kills two birds. And, we haven't found an antiandrogen that seems to show exponential gains while in the presence of estrogen. Even if antiandrogens "work", their pharmacology is primarily that of preventing hair loss rather than regrowing hair. Of course, responses are highly individual and dependent on your baseline physiology. Someone with naturally low testosterone may not benefit from CPA, while someone high in test might.

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 169052
It may also depend on the antiandrogens used. E levels may be lower with CPA, but I am not considering this antiandrogen.
I'm talking about monotherapy. Some MTF have even suppressed T fully with less than 100 pg/ml and I as well as others have done it with much less than 200 pg/ml.
Response can vary a lot therefore it's better to do blood test.