Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 164026
This was me on a shed, my hair is too long to see any patterns now
Your pattern is like mine. You answered HRT, that's encouraging. Typically, no one shows their hair from the back and side when sharing progress. I have not found any success stories of retrograde alopecia on HRT
Is your hair better now than in this photo? I hope HRT has improved the sides

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your pattern is like mine. You answered HRT, that's encouraging. Typically, no one shows their hair from the back and side when sharing progress. I have not found any success stories of retrograde alopecia on HRT
Is your hair better now than in this photo? I hope HRT has improved the sides
1623681923862.jpg

it's longer so i can't say for sure

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
20210614_171800.jpg
:) We all live in a hell. Luckily you guys don't have psoriasis on and in ears + extreme beard growth, shaving fucks my skin.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
extreme beard growth
Finasteride reduced the growth of the beard, Bicalutamide made it even more and reduced its area. The bristles are softer, the legs and arms are no longer very hairy - before I was even ashamed to take off my pants in a man's clothes, I was undressing, I was like a gorilla

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride reduced the growth of the beard, Bicalutamide made it even more and reduced its area. The bristles are softer, the legs and arms are no longer very hairy - before I was even ashamed to take off my pants in a man's clothes, I was undressing, I was like a gorilla
20210614_194839.jpg

I feel you, I personally am glad I have body hair, but sometimes..., it's VERY disgusting.

I will prob try to waxx off at some point just to see how it feels hairless lmaooo.

(I am wearing shorts, and no, I am not supporting nudes, wtf.)

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 164050

I feel you, I personally am glad I have body hair, but sometimes..., it's VERY disgusting.

I will prob try to waxx off at some point just to see how it feels hairless lmaooo.

(I am wearing shorts, and no, I am not supporting nudes, wtf.)
I was very surprised when I noticed that my legs were no longer so hairy. It's great. Before my legs were like yours, even my toes were hairy

Attachments

• IMG_20210615_004402.jpg
    IMG_20210615_004402.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_20210615_004406.jpg
    IMG_20210615_004406.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 221

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I found an old photo of my feet. You can clearly see the difference here

Attachments

• PwJqHDusil4.jpg
    PwJqHDusil4.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_20210615_005249.jpg
    IMG_20210615_005249.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 217

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I found an old photo of my feet. You can clearly see the difference here
My god, for an asian you are very hairy, much more than me, I wonder how your chest looked like before any hormone altering. I wonder how your hair havent improved at all, while your androgen hair vanishes.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My god, for an asian you are very hairy, much more than me, I wonder how your chest looked like before any hormone altering. I wonder how your hair havent improved at all, while your androgen hair vanishes.
Androgenetic Alopecia has different mechanisms, so you can go bald even without androgens ...
That is why, for the same reason that I did not respond to Bicalutamide, I may not respond to HRT. It seems to me that the non-response rate to HRT is lower than with bicalutamide (more than 50%), so I hope for the healing power of estrogen.

Last edited:

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Androgenetic Alopecia has different mechanisms, so you can go bald even without androgens ...
That is why, for the same reason that I did not respond to Bicalutamide, I may not respond to HRT. It seems to me that the non-response rate to HRT is lower than with bicalutamide (more than 50%), so I hope for the healing power of estrogen.
There's 100s of causes of hairloss, androgens being only one of them. So if androgenic alopecia doesn't respond to treatment that negates the effects of androgens, then there's a decent chance it's a different form of hairloss

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's 100s of causes of hairloss, androgens being only one of them. So if androgenic alopecia doesn't respond to treatment that negates the effects of androgens, then there's a decent chance it's a different form of hairloss
Which, however, still has a pattern of androgenic alopecia

franzliszt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure why, but after fasting and eating healthy my skin/hair feel healthier. Sebum production is reduced, facial pores have shrunk and my skin feels more elastic. Some foods may cause inflammation, maybe that's the cause but fasting is good for antiageing anyhow.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure why, but after fasting and eating healthy my skin/hair feel healthier. Sebum production is reduced, facial pores have shrunk and my skin feels more elastic. Some foods may cause inflammation, maybe that's the cause but fasting is good for antiageing anyhow.
I have such a reaction to some sweets
By the way, I wanted to tell you to try CPA. If Finasteride helped you - it's your DHT, and CPA reduces it and has a progestogenic effect, it is better than Bicalutamide for hair
Some people on HRT lost results when they switched from CPA to Bicalutamide

franzliszt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have such a reaction to some sweets
By the way, I wanted to tell you to try CPA. If Finasteride helped you - it's your DHT, and CPA reduces it and has a progestogenic effect, it is better than Bicalutamide for hair
Some people on HRT lost results when they switched from CPA to Bicalutamide
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I've tried CPA, and experienced the worst depression of my life after a few days. Similar to finasteride depression, but twice as bad. I'm on dutasteride right now, one every 3 days.