Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The sad thing is that all of a sudden, I have MtF's contacting me and saying that their hair loss has not halted so, I thought that was a given
I also recently saw a member on this forum who stated that he was hyperandrogenic and did not benefit from HRT.
Well, a bullet to the temple is always an option

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought you were on 150mg bica and also how are you drinking it? You have some sort of liquid bica? that sounds strange to me
Perhaps it sounds different in English. In Russian you say "I drink Bicalutamide" because you take a pill with water :)
Now I am on 75mg of Bicalutamide, during HRT I will reduce to 25mg

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps it sounds different in English. In Russian you say "I drink Bicalutamide" because you take a pill with water :)
Now I am on 75mg of Bicalutamide, during HRT I will reduce to 25mg
Your translation also came through saying that finasteride was a "dummy" which is funny in English.

kaiman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Might be a silly question. But does dutasteride actually work better even though it increases scalp T way more than finasteride? I trialed it for a year after 5 years on finasteride and around the end my co-worker said that the corner of my hairline was thinning. This made me immediately stop dutasteride and go back to finasteride and within 5 months it thickened up again. Could dutasteride take longer than a year to take effect? I'm scared of the increased scalp testosterone, I hear it effects the frontal region the most.

Dr. Rassman a well known Doctor who runs baldingblog.com claims testosterone doesn't affect the hair follicle and it's only when it's metabolized into DHT that it does. So I'm not sure what to think. Maybe you guys have some insight on this. I just want to use the best treatments.

I'm getting on really well with 1mg finasteride, 6.25 mg cypro ED, EOD sometimes, Estrogel 2 pumps in the morning and at night, as well as on the hairline, and minoxidil after which I guess would make it absorb better. My results are turning out to be really good. The growth is mostly in the temple corners, but it's a great feeling when my hair transplant Doctor had told me his design was as far as I could go.

I'll post comparison pics when things are looking more substantial.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is what retrograde alopecia looks like, thinning at the back of the head and above the ears. People who have not been respond HRT usually have retrograde alopecia, which is a symptom of very aggressive hair loss that is refractory to any treatment. Even the fact that there is several times more aromatase in the back of his head does not prevent him from balding.
I have the best chance of not responding to HRT.

Attachments

• IMG_20210614_144747.jpg
    IMG_20210614_144747.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 144

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is what retrograde alopecia looks like, thinning at the back of the head and above the ears. People who have not been respond HRT usually have retrograde alopecia, which is a symptom of very aggressive hair loss that is refractory to any treatment. Even the fact that there is several times more aromatase in the back of his head does not prevent him from balding.
I have the best chance of not responding to HRT.
That might be just a fade

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought so too, but no. Hair is smaller in diameter and miniaturized. Basically, if I answer HRT, the first improvement should occur in these areas, because they started to go bald last.
View attachment 164018
I don't know about that one, hair is often finer in those areas. Plus potentially having a headset on isn't helping it's appearance.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know about that one, hair is often finer in those areas. Plus potentially having a headset on isn't helping it's appearance.
It may not be noticeable to others, but I remember well what my hair was like before. And tactile sensations too

The package with injections is delayed, I will start HRT in early July