Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean, Noah's hair should be good enough for pretty much any XY past the age of 18 or so and he's a data point. I still think that most breast growth can be dissipated just by stopping HRT for a few months. My disappointment is that I haven't found a way for XY's to, for example use Estrogel so that it both restores hair but without "turning on" full-blown feminization. For me, and I think for @bridgeburn as well, it was/is very helpful not to be looking over my shoulder at feminization to the point where it impacts or impedes hair regrowth. It's too much like being pulled in too many different directions. Ultimately, a person needs to have fun with this and experience a mind-set that historically has been closed off to males. Yes, you might like it and there seem to be changes in brain structure that might or might not impact sexual preference but that's sort of a bug vs. feature sort of thing.

Also, I should report that, after 4 months on dutasteride, my fitness and strength is improved. Albeit, I have been training consistently and hard, it still kind of proves a point if you ask me. 5ARIs, in general, are NOT feminizing, at least in my experience. I am NOT saying you cannot get side effects from them, but I am saying that it isn't going to make you just shrivel up into a woman. I think there is a figure that scalp testosterone roughly doubles on dutasteride. Perhaps most of the other tissues, like muscles and nervous tissue, also double in their testosterone locally.
New Ad campaign: finasteride. It's made for men. Are you man enough for finasteride?

They could list all of the T-increasing sides and it might end up being banned in sports. Hmm, it already is.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do not consider Bridge to be an authority or a reference treatment. I like the Junely protocol. I will be using injections and small doses of Bicalutamide. He can't make it worse. And CPA is bad for health
There are no downsides in my protocol. It is cheap, allows you to reach any E levels, safe and not burdensome (1 injection every 1-2 weeks. There is no point in minoxidil, I have talked about it many times. I will not sit on this needle
To each their own and in derogation of no one. Bridge did compose several hundred pages of running notes with copious pics and he also was intact and that might make a difference. Honestly, I am wondering if castration could be a negative for many people based upon the depressing DM's that I keep getting and many of them are heart-breaking.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bicalutamide is a questionable protocol for hair regrowth as is estrogen treatment.
Minoxidil, finasteride, and microneedling isn't questionable. They all have good documented effects as shown in a multitude of scientific trials.

For me microneedling alone gave results and adding minoxidil did wonders. Estrogen at a high dose for a long time have helped but wounding with minoxidil is the main driver in my results. Regrowth of a bald spot and dramatic increase in density all over my diffused thinned scalp, regrowth of hairline after 20 years and improved hair quality. If I don't needle there isn't anything happening.

FWIW I really want you to get your hair back.
Where are the juicy pics, not that I doubt you.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would love to see KeepCoolmybabies for some great hair pics. I haven't seen ephemeral kitten in a while either. We need to get the pic posting and protocol posting going more rigorously. Almas, you have been posting some, probably the most on this thread. People want eye candy and it is the best sort of evidence we have when produced over time. Remember how folks claimed Bridge was faking his results by posting backwards--that was lunacy but people are skeptical even of what they do see. There are too many angles and lighting techniques and even hair spray much less Toppik might make things look better.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would love to see KeepCoolmybabies for some great hair pics. I haven't seen ephemeral kitten in a while either. We need to get the pic posting and protocol posting going more rigorously. Almas, you have been posting some, probably the most on this thread. People want eye candy and it is the best sort of evidence we have when produced over time. Remember how folks claimed Bridge was faking his results by posting backwards--that was lunacy but people are skeptical even of what they do see. There are too many angles and lighting techniques and even hair spray much less Toppik might make things look better.
I don't care what people think. People will say I'm crazy anyway if I decide to use something other than Finasteride. They will also say that I am not too bald to take drastic measures. My posts are for a narrow circle of people who deserve to have good hair, and not go bald on the big 3

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, not saying that everything that Bridge or I did is necessary, we both did use substantial amounts of Estrogel on the scalp. All's I am saying is that it makes sense to copy people as closely as possible who had results. Now he didn't microneedle and I have but others are trying microneedling and adding oral min to the overall protocol.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, not saying that everything that Bridge or I did is necessary, we both did use substantial amounts of Estrogel on the scalp. All's I am saying is that it makes sense to copy people as closely as possible who had results. Now he didn't microneedle and I have but others are trying microneedling and adding oral min to the overall protocol.
There is no evidence that Estrogel has a local effect. I don't like using something without knowing if it works.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no evidence that Estrogel has a local effect. I don't like using something without knowing if it works.
There's no evidence that it doesn't and I think that the best thought is that it does have localized effects even though predominantly it mediates via systemic effects. All's I am saying is that if you are a "journey" sort of person, that is rewarding but the journey to recreate successful protocols might be long and frustrating. I am frankly depressed that others are not seeing better results via HRT which is making me wonder whether oral min or microneedling are key. I have had the botox relaxation so there is very little to nothing which I have not incorporated. Without success, this could get old really fast though.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am topping off microneedling today with keto for 30 minutes and then I will rinse and put more rogaine foam in. Keto destroys my hair without all of the sebum from my "male" state so I only use it once every couple of weeks and I wash with water only otherwise. A boar's head brush redistributes female amounts of sebum to the tips of the shafts. The hair and environment all are very different. See if you have estrogen skin effects because perhaps localized use of Estrogel could emphasize such effects locally.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This one person study with a handful of pics is incredibly, pretty much it in terms of hard HRT hair regrowth science. I recommend looking at it carefully:

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dont say that it's not questionable lol.
How about this then: It's not questionable that they are the treatments with most scientific documented and proven results.

I'm using Dutasteride 1mg 4 months and I don't even know if this is helping. I will try to be more consistent with microneedle and minoxidil and maybe RU and growth hormone too but I share the sentiment of @Almas, you cannot just wait out your whole life hoping for something to work, because you might as well end up worse off than you were before.
I agree that one should be proactive however skipping the current state of the art treatment (minoxidil and microneedling while reducing DHT) instead going for something relatively unproven with guaranteed and serious side effects seems a bit strange. HRT isn't a universal cure and many MTFs with hairloss will never get enough regrowth to avoid wearing a wig.

My situation with my hair is not that terrible and I could live life with my current amount of hair but that's just a delusion I know that this mortal disease will keep gaining territory and I'm also considering some strogen cycle or some sh*t...

There is do much at stake and not everyone wants to risk it by not doing everything in your power...
Just as long as you realize what will happen. I don't argue against HRT as some kind of luddite but as someone that have not only researched it but decided to use it fully knowing the effects. They are real but manageable for me, just be sure they will be for you too.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How about this then: It's not questionable that they are the treatments with most scientific documented and proven results.

I agree that one should be proactive however skipping the current state of the art treatment (minoxidil and microneedling while reducing DHT) instead going for something relatively unproven with guaranteed and serious side effects seems a bit strange. HRT isn't a universal cure and many MTFs with hairloss will never get enough regrowth to avoid wearing a wig.

Just as long as you realize what will happen. I don't argue against HRT as some kind of luddite but as someone that have not only researched it but decided to use it fully knowing the effects. They are real but manageable for me, just be sure they will be for you too.
You get points for using the term "luddite". Nice.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
1623061772930.png

I will have to use estrogen for a very long time to restore my hair ...

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What was your plan again? To use injections for a while until your hair grows back, then stop?
Yes, as Noah did. So that the hair does not deteriorate too much and I can maintain it, arrange a HRT cycle once a year for 3-4 months. This is all just a theory, and not a fact that I will succeed. Noah thinks I'm going to get chronic telogen loss. It is also possible that the effect of HRT will be slow, and the miniaturization after the course is fast, which will cause you to use HRT constantly, which will lead to problems
I have no idea how things will unfold.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What was your plan again? To use injections for a while until your hair grows back, then stop?
I would advise you to get tested, check your levels, and try CPA instead of Bicalutamide, possibly adding progesterone. Don't give up, the system is the end, there's no turning back. You said that you had results on Finasteride, are the side effects so strong that it is better to go bald? Was it just a placebo or a coincidence?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, as Noah did. So that the hair does not deteriorate too much and I can maintain it, arrange a HRT cycle once a year for 3-4 months. This is all just a theory, and not a fact that I will succeed. Noah thinks I'm going to get chronic telogen loss. It is also possible that the effect of HRT will be slow, and the miniaturization after the course is fast, which will cause you to use HRT constantly, which will lead to problems
As you said, you will in your mind, likely go bald otherwise. I root for everyone trying different things. Just remember the point about you being priority one; what works for you and you are comfortable with then that's the decision of a man. If you do succeed, I think Bridge and I and a couple of others will tell you that it is an incredible thrill to see hair loss reversing itself daily in the mirror. I seriously look at all of us as pioneers and I might look into trying to write a magazine article about all of this, sort of like Muscle Beach and the steroid movement in reverse in search of the "most" attractive XY genres.

franzliszt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope it works out, you're still young so odds are you'll at least get some regrowth. Be careful with lena's ev though, on her reccomended dose I was above pregnancy levels. As for finasteride, it certainly wasn't a placebo. finasteride affects people differently, but depression/suicidal thoughts is a knnown side effect.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The delivery is very fast. Around the 20th, I'll have my first injection. I'm scared, but there's no turning back.
God, I never thought I would have to do this.
You will see my E and T tests in early July.
I will inject once every 2 weeks as Enanthate has a long half-life. I'll start with 0.35-0.44 ml, I haven't decided yet
1623141697136.png

Last edited: