Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Once I accidentally thought about the fact that all the success stories of Finasteride belong to people over 25 years old, and 18 year olds continue to go bald even on Dutasteride, as if they were doing nothing.
The thing is that people would believe you if you had either references or even an explanation as to what differs in an 18 year old versus a 40 year old. It seemed to be on tressless that a lot of young guys were going on finasteride right after turning 18.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
It's less likely Finasteride will help severe hairloss as much as it would help mild hairloss. Most late teens won't be able to hold as much as a middle-aged man with onset of male pattern baldness would be.
of course but thats not what almas stated.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
These are just human observations. I am not the first to notice this pattern: the earlier baldness begins, the harder it is to treat it. I was convinced of this from my own experience. Young people have a somewhat higher receptor sensitivity.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
These are just human observations. I am not the first to notice this pattern: the earlier baldness begins, the harder it is to treat it. I was convinced of this from my own experience. Young people have a somewhat higher receptor sensitivity.
You could be right in that someone beginning to bald at say 15 years old has a runaway hair loss condition that finasteride is not strong enough to counter-act.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You could be right in that someone beginning to bald at say 15 years old has a runaway hair loss condition that finasteride is not strong enough to counter-act.
Pay attention to those sitting in this thread. Those who were not helped by Finasteride and Dutasteride fall into this thread. And who do we see here? Me - started to go bald at 16. Bridgeburn - too. Ikarus is also 14-16. Ein - 16-17. DHTcel - 15. I can go on forever.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pay attention to those sitting in this thread. Those who were not helped by Finasteride and Dutasteride fall into this thread. And who do we see here? Me - started to go bald at 16. Bridgeburn - too. Ikarus is also 14-16. Ein - 16-17. DHTcel - 15. I can go on forever.
Me; 13 years old, maybe even earlier :/

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Brushing:

I am curious if anyone else has made regular, lengthy brushing sessions with boar hair a part of their protocol, so to speak. This might sound strange but I get the feeling that my hair enjoys being brushed and that it helps it to be more healthy and look its best. But what interests me now is whether brushing can actually make hair grow faster by essentially pulling hair up and thereby inducing more keratin production in the papillary.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will try to have breast surgery as soon as possible and use 4mg E sublingually with Bicalutamide. This should give me high levels, a Noah-like effect. I will use it for 4-6 months, with my baldness this is enough for recovery

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will try to have breast surgery as soon as possible and use 4mg E sublingually with Bicalutamide. This should give me high levels, a Noah-like effect. I will use it for 4-6 months, with my baldness this is enough for recovery
I worry that you are getting yourself into a situation of paralysis psychologically. Maybe it is the pot calling the kettle black but I don't know. Bica should help with compulsion and estrogen certainly does. First you were so incredibly up and certain that bica would work and now you seem to be resigned to it not working and your needing breast surgery. You might not grow anything but handfuls, if that. Bica is all but certain to stop your hair loss I think. My quibble was that it might not grow hair back but you have barely lost any hair yet.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I worry that you are getting yourself into a situation of paralysis psychologically. Maybe it is the pot calling the kettle black but I don't know. Bica should help with compulsion and estrogen certainly does. First you were so incredibly up and certain that bica would work and now you seem to be resigned to it not working and your needing breast surgery. You might not grow anything but handfuls, if that. Bica is all but certain to stop your hair loss I think. My quibble was that it might not grow hair back but you have barely lost any hair yet.
I think about HRT for three reasons:
1) I always have a plan B
2) I want perfect hair
3) Scientific interest, interesting experience

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
20210425_234639.jpg

Am losing it since 4-5 years slowly. It's currently very noticeable, honestly thinking about a VERY short cut.

Currently using only Finasteride, thinking about starting Bicalutamide August/-December.
Dunno if anything will help me at all to get back to baseline /pre puberty. I doubt even estrogen will help me. It surely will grow me some D cups, but doutbfully some hair sprouts lol.

Need advice, doctors are all pretty much useless, besides the endo, trans and andrology doctor, I met.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anecdotally: finasteride has a chance to help you maintain if you are genetically destined to not go much beyond a NW3 or so. It won't be enough on its own if you are genetically destined to go beyond NW4

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anecdotally: finasteride has a chance to help you maintain if you are genetically destined to not go much beyond a NW3 or so. It won't be enough on its own if you are genetically destined to go beyond NW4
All males in my family have DUPA, meaning of that even donor 'safe' zone is thinning. NW7 is the hair condition by the age of early 20's - mid 20's, all in my family history have.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 160998

Am losing it since 4-5 years slowly. It's currently very noticeable, honestly thinking about a VERY short cut.

Currently using only Finasteride, thinking about starting Bicalutamide August/-December.
Dunno if anything will help me at all to get back to baseline /pre puberty. I doubt even estrogen will help me. It surely will grow me some D cups, but doutbfully some hair sprouts lol.

Need advice, doctors are all pretty much useless, besides the endo, trans and andrology doctor, I met.
Have you thought about taking an intermediate step of something like dutasteride + oral minoxidil before going to the next level?

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you thought about taking an intermediate step of something like dutasteride + oral minoxidil before going to the next level?
I seriously want to avoid Minoxidil, and yeah, if I won't start Bicalutamide, I will do Dutasteride. But if i DO start bica, I will continue with finasteride. If I will still be unable to achieve some results, I will put in some O MNX into the mix.