Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah it would be like 50 different threads worded differently but basically "it's over when you're past NW0.5" lol
I am convinced that for half of these guys, they get pleasure from the humiliation. It's bizarre but true that a coping mechanism can be seeking humiliation for guys who aren't really balding and most people into sph aren't small at all. Those are quirks about the male system that thankfully, HRT has mostly taken away. I no longer have shame about wearing a dress and hose but that used to be my greatest fear and weakness. I keep telling my family that King Henry the VIII of the eight wives and bold personality wore a dress and tights but they told me right back that once I am king, then I can wear whatever I want to.... Sigh.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the honor, Norwoody and right back at you. I thought that I was already following you lol but we seem to like the same threads....

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am convinced that for half of these guys, they get pleasure from the humiliation. It's bizarre but true that a coping mechanism can be seeking humiliation for guys who aren't really balding and most people into sph aren't small at all. Those are quirks about the male system that thankfully, HRT has mostly taken away. I no longer have shame about wearing a dress and hose but that used to be my greatest fear and weakness. I keep telling my family that King Henry the VIII of the eight wives and bold personality wore a dress and tights but they told me right back that once I am king, then I can wear whatever I want to.... Sigh.
Right on the money.

"It's over"......... These guys spend too much time posting in the coping section rather than reading through threads like this. It's like, well if you Janey or Noah or Bridgeburn etc. would have said that it's over then you would have never experienced significant regrowth. And even guys like Somebody Alex as well, as some welsh guy who just popped up have experienced really great results on more conservative treatments. So these people who post about "chads" and whatever are just sulking in self defeat when they could be making gains.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
20210317_204059.jpg

It is ridiculous when people say to me that I am not thinning/balding... on this forum lol
20210317_195111.jpg

It might not look like on the photos... but in rl, it looks really depressing and awful.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Right on the money.

"It's over"......... These guys spend too much time posting in the coping section rather than reading through threads like this. It's like, well if you Janey or Noah or Bridgeburn etc. would have said that it's over then you would have never experienced significant regrowth. And even guys like Somebody Alex as well, as some welsh guy who just popped up have experienced really great results on more conservative treatments. So these people who post about "chads" and whatever are just sulking in self defeat when they could be making gains.
Regardless of the cost of banking sperm guys can take the HRT route and pretty much back out whenever the want to since the breast growth is usually insubstantial and it might even dissipate without exogenous estrogen. I am going to try to write an article on this subject and what the latest studies indicate.

When I hit my mid-life crisis, I mean, anything is better than that feeling so for young guys who want HRT but feel shame, HRT might be life-saving in terms of avoiding suicide either on purpose or by mishap (drugs, etc.) and life-saving in terms of not wasting a life. There's a lot of cool stuff out there to experience and if having hair makes it the complete experience then folks shouldn't sweat their protocol choices or feel like they are betraying the XY fraternity. I get a real vibe from some on here that even using reductase inhibitors is "cheating" on the brotherhood and some times, I have even felt that way about HRT but HRT can be a wonderful, life decision and rejuvenating. I can't get over the youth and beauty effects. Tyler warned us about clear skin and perfect teeth but that's not what he meant. He meant take a leap of faith and live differently. I loop this constantly to feed my soul:

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah, it looks bad. You need to do something about it. Although it's weird that you are balding in the front middle
Not only. Whole top is fading slowly away. When I get out of the shower you can clearly see the NW7 pattern. Everything thicc in the horseshoe, but rest ist barebonea. Blow drying helps making an illusion of a f*****g thicc bush. But for how long!? A year?? Two??

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're only 17. A lot of those follicles can still be rejuvenated. Versus someone who has had slick bald areas for 20 years.
Yes, I got still vellus hair above my eyebrows lol. The NW0 hairline I had when I was 11/12. But yes, the temple recession I have now has still vellus hairs as well... I am not sure what to do. I want to avoid minoxidil because I want a long term solution for 20+ years.

My plan is continuing with Finasteride, upping soon to Dutasteride, adding 100mg Bicalutamide and 1000mg Resveratrol... but then!? I am really not sure what I should do next because that's the limit before real HRT lol.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're only 17. A lot of those follicles can still be rejuvenated. Versus someone who has had slick bald areas for 20 years.
Yes but I am 56, lol and I tell the young guys the same thing about relative period of dormancy mattering but then again, maybe that isn't such an important factor at all. It might just be that dormancy is hard to recover from and that younger guys simply haven't as many dormant follicles but I used to hear that breast growth and scalp hair growth are likely to be lackluster for older MtF's and I don't deny this but it hasn't been my experience at all.

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i'm not an expert on the matter but do to slower metabolism that comes with age fat can deposit much faster

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
arthemofan sent 17 hours ago

tote ok to refer anyone to the site or me!
just have your friends post questions here, and I'll do my best to answer, but imho it's a very generic problem, not super complicated, and with a generic answer: the only thing that can really help a balding cis guy with minimal side effects is topical estrogel maybe at very high concentration (but they have to brew it themselves) directly applyied on the balding parts - as little gel as possible, just enough to make the skin quite shiny (ie pea size on the finger NOT A FULL PUMP), but OTOH as often as possible, like at least 3 times a day, and more likely 6, then washed after I can't remember how long, but the trigger time between the change of pathways, something like 20 min IIRC.
Or was it 5? It's been a while, but think of the skin like a big shield with tiny holes (where the hair emerge): rub some gel, it goes into the holes immediately. some sit on the shield and eventually go through - but not of you wash it away first. and enough will have gone in the hole that it doesn't matter if you remove some of it that's there.
This will saturate the shunt pathway of the skin (ie go through the follicles) while fully avoiding the stratum corneum, which is double bonus: the hair follicles is where they WANT the E2 to be, the rest is what would raise the blood level and deliver the side effects we want (boobz!) and they dont!!
That's the best summary I can do in 5 min, they should rly learn ab the basics of skin absorption, I made several beginners guides on r/estrogel, can't find them ATM but it's all there, summarized from books and research papers, with plenty links to learn more if some parts are unclear
actually, just feel free to copy paste the above on their forum, so they get the basics right wrt the dose, site and frequency. I don't want ppl to mess up and experience dysphoria or have to pay for gyno removal.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At which min. age would you recommend HRT to not have permanent damage in terms of hip growth/bones and so on?!

I think you started at 20!?
For some they fuse between ages 20 and 22. By age 23 hip bones in all males are fused permanently

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At which min. age would you recommend HRT to not have permanent damage in terms of hip growth/bones and so on?!

I think you started at 20!?
I started at age 20, my hips never changed. They looked different only because of extra weight.