Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I watch the timeline of people on HRT and understand that hair quality improves along with strong feminization of the face and body. I am afraid of this, especially since during HRT I will study at the university and live in a hostel, I will not be able to be isolated. People will see that I look different. In addition, Bicalutamide can prevent reverse masculinization, and I will look like a girl forever, or I will give up Bicalutamide and start balding again ...
Damn, how complicated it is ...

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is an option to try low doses of E with Raloxifene and hope that it will be enough to improve the quality of the hair.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Beats hanging from the roof
Sorry I don't understand your response, are you trying to change gender? Or just taking these meds to get your hair back? If so do doctors actually allow these hormonal drugs just for men who want to regain their hair?

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes. Hair=Life. Read the threads name twice bud lol.

Finasteride is already a hormone altering drug.
I understood the thread its just i checking if there were some on here who actually were taking female hormones that didn't actually want to become trans.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Premature androgenetic alopecia has been suggested as a sign of the male equivalent of polycystic ovary syndrome. However, the hormonal background of men with premature baldness has been studied in only a few studies with conflicting results. We examined 37 men with premature alopecia (defined as frontal-parietal and parietal alopecia under the age of 30 years with alopecia defined as grade 3 or more apical alopecia on the Hamilton alopecia classification scale with the Norwood modification). Plasma concentrations of total testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, epitestosterone, androstenedione, cortisol, 17-OH-progesterone (17OHP), estradiol, LH, FSH, prolactin, SHBG and TSH, and free thyroxine were measured. The frequency of subnormal values of SHBG, FSH, testosterone, and epitestosterone (but not in the free androgen index) was significant in balding men. A borderline significant trend was observed for elevated levels of 17OH-P and prolactin. The hormonal background of a significant number of men with premature baldness in some respects resembles the hormonal background of women with polycystic ovary syndrome.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Premature androgenetic alopecia has been suggested as a sign of the male equivalent of polycystic ovary syndrome. However, the hormonal background of men with premature baldness has been studied in only a few studies with conflicting results. We examined 37 men with premature alopecia (defined as frontal-parietal and parietal alopecia under the age of 30 years with alopecia defined as grade 3 or more apical alopecia on the Hamilton alopecia classification scale with the Norwood modification). Plasma concentrations of total testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, epitestosterone, androstenedione, cortisol, 17-OH-progesterone (17OHP), estradiol, LH, FSH, prolactin, SHBG and TSH, and free thyroxine were measured. The frequency of subnormal values of SHBG, FSH, testosterone, and epitestosterone (but not in the free androgen index) was significant in balding men. A borderline significant trend was observed for elevated levels of 17OH-P and prolactin. The hormonal background of a significant number of men with premature baldness in some respects resembles the hormonal background of women with polycystic ovary syndrome.
Yeah, that's probably most of the cases on here :/. Balding since puberty began. Something is wrong with my hormones (adrenal/pilosebaceous unit) rip

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome ... the level of insulin in the blood and/or reduced conversion of cholesterol to progesterone stimulates the excessive synthesis of androgens in the ovaries

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
why it is absurd? do your teeth heal if you stop after you have been eating candies, dried fruit, cookies & soda for years? short sightedness resolve if you stop after 12h/day screen time for years? examples are extreme, but i have not noticed many significant insults to the body that heal to the original state.

how are you promoting anagen and growth? reducing inflammation and hypoxia? reversing fibrosis and peripheral vascular damage?
I'm talking about stopping baldness, not regrowing. Castration or taking doses of Bicalutamide equivalent to it should at least stop the progression, but people continue to go bald further

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
if the androgens have already caused damage that causes hair loss, why will only removing the androgens stop the loss? DHT, T & E are not magic potions that directly act on hair without any intermediate pathways...

A controlled trial of bicalutamide versus castration in patients with advanced prostate cancer - PubMed (nih.gov)

Symptomatic patients receiving bicalutamide were only 0.43 times as likely to have subjective improvement as the patients treated by castration.

(of course this is no endorsement of castration)
Removal of androgens should stop further follicular miniaturization. Often, when castration or taking Bicalutamide, this happens, but not in all people. On this forum, a man who castrated himself stopped baldness and reversed miniaturization.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
if the androgens have already caused damage that causes hair loss, why will only removing the androgens stop the loss? DHT, T & E are not magic potions that directly act on hair without any intermediate pathways...

A controlled trial of bicalutamide versus castration in patients with advanced prostate cancer - PubMed (nih.gov)

Symptomatic patients receiving bicalutamide were only 0.43 times as likely to have subjective improvement as the patients treated by castration.

(of course this is no endorsement of castration)
Yes, 50mg is weaker than castration, but 75-100mg is equivalent to it, and 150mg is superior

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
who? we are talking about singularly blocking androgens here...

Solomon -

I added 9 mg a day of estradiol hemihydrate in a pill form out of medical necessity and hopefully hair regrowth,
Iam not planning to add anything else since the root cause of baldness is fixed
Yes, I was talking about him. Castration stopped his baldness. Stopping baldness is already a victory

it's a big call to say it is the same as castration...

Levels of testosterone have been found to increase 1.5- to 2-fold (59–97% increase) and levels of estradiol about 1.5- to 2.5-fold (65–146% increase) in men treated with 150 mg/day bicalutamide monotherapy.[25][26][27] In addition to testosterone and estradiol, there are smaller increases in concentrations of DHT, sex hormone-binding globulin, and prolactin.[27]
Bicalutamide in high doses reduces PSA by 93% +, as does castration. Survival for prostate cancer is higher with Bicalutamide 150mg than with castration. And given the increase in E, this is all the better for hair.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
how do we know it stopped if he added estradiol at any time? estradiol can certainly reverse androgen damage. (i don't endorse it either). either way bicalutamide is simply not the same as castration.

and neither castration nor bicalutamide cures prostate cancer (damage is already done). whereas eunuchs essentially don't get it.

this is the logic of why the probability of bicalutamide stopping hair loss is not as high as you would like it to be. lol.
Because after 3 months he got a slight regrowth. An obvious sign of stopping the progression of baldness

I did not say that Bicalutamide and castration are the same thing. I said that they are equivalent in efficiency. Yes, they have a fundamentally different mechanism of action.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
A sign of a successful blockade of androgens in the scalp and stopping the destructive action of androgens on the follicles is an increase in the diameter of the hair, i.e., reversing miniaturization. This is not possible if androgens continue to destroy the follicle.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
he is no good as a study of castration monotherapy if he was on other treatments at any stage... (which he was before and after)

see antiandrogen withdrawal syndrome for example...
The study deals with very damaged or bald areas. Yes, in such cases, neither castration nor Bicalutamide will help, even high doses of E may not save the situation
well, either bicalutamide is not the same as castration, or your reality says this theory also is false. it is also not possible if the blood flow etc is not restored to the area of damage
Partly because of the deterioration in blood flow, it is impossible to completely restore the temples, even on HRT. This again prompts us to start treatment before irreversible fibrosis occurs. The crown is less susceptible to these changes, so it responds better to any treatment
unfortunately your reality says they are not the same efficiency for hair loss
If you want to stop baldness, you have nothing better. The chances are high. If you want to achieve perfect hair, or you have bald areas / areas with heavy thinning - yes, only HRT will help you

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Recently, I often think that young people starting from the age of 16 need to undergo a preventive examination with a trichologist in order to notice thinning as early as possible.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
but it's not stopping your hairloss...?

i admire your dedication to your theory
This does not help everyone, as can be seen from the participants in this forum. However, we have people with aggressive baldness who have not only gotten a stop, but also good hair growth. DHTcel, Maave, Ein. Bicalutamide is the best we have. I do not guarantee anything and I just hope that I will be one of the lucky ones.
when you want to stop the hair loss or regrow some, you might want to look at the other pathways involved
The next level is HRT. I would not want to resort to it, especially forever. Moreover, for those who did not respond to Bicalutamide, HRT also has a lower effectiveness - there are people who are not susceptible to any treatments.

May I know your regime?

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't want to sound crazy about my theory. It would be funny to think of Bicalutamide as 100% treatment, given the fact that people on this forum continue to go bald even on HRT + orchiectomy

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
my regime this week is different to my regime next week. certain symptoms are well observable within a week. i have not bought into a theory. i search for a solution like everyone here. i wanted to find how deep your reasoning was for bicalutamide monotherapy. thank you.

You might be interested

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
To be honest, I'm getting worse. If it doesn't stop, I'll switch to 100mg Bicalutamide, then 150mg, and then HRT. If HRT does not help me, or I feel dysphoria due to feminization, before committing suicide, I will say goodbye to the participants in this forum.