Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
short hair was 14month ago. Dht was decimating my temples they have fully recovered I’m now recovering hairline(it’s slow)
Those appear to be superlative results worth a fair amount of breast development, at least to me but I stopped fighting breast development about 18 months ago. I just had to choose hair, knowing that I was probably going to have substantial breast growth cause I already did at that point. So since you have had extensive regrowth, how does it feel? To me, it's the greatest feeling in the world really bar none. None of that not appreciating something once I get it. I brush and comb many times a day and I cut and trim and style it myself. Hair takes a looong time but it is so worth it. I was just thrilled with my rolling curls this morning; no more mullet look for me, now it is the relaxed sort of curl that many white females have. It's getting closer to the bottom of my ears and beginning to frame my face again. I could use a bit more in the corners and some length but I am just elated!

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My gut feeling is that low-dose HRT might work to maintain hair but to actually awaken dormant follicles, you might need to "trick" the body's systems into regarding you as XX. At this point, the body sends the appropriate resources to repair the dormant follicles and "to turn them on" again. There's really no need for males to expend resources which are endogenous on hair restoration. For females, hair is actually essential to children's safety as they grab their mother's tresses for balance and safety before walking.
Much depends on how dire the situation is. I have no dead follicles, all follicles are alive, but there are problems with the quality of the hair. I do not think that in such cases high doses of E are required, I will focus on 300 pg ml
I will try to do without surgery and use Tamoxifen. It raises T and is bad for the hair, but when using E it shouldn't play a big role. It seems to only block estrogen in the breasts. I hope so.
My breasts are not sensitive to estrogen, they don't care about using Bicalutamide, so I think I can handle HRT with tamoxifen. I would take Raloxifene, but it is not in Russia

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
short hair was 14month ago. Dht was decimating my temples they have fully recovered I’m now recovering hairline(it’s slow)
Wait. What's the before and what's the after!? What do you actually use in which doses?

HelpMyHair!!

My Regimen
Reaction score
The whole fuckin thing really doesn't make sense when you really think about it.

I am truly starting to believe everybody has a "sweet spot", due to a plethora of factors (number of AR in the follicles, aromatose, etc etc).

DHT GROWS hair on a male body. DHT is an anti-inflamatory everywhere else, why does it destroy male pattern baldness follicles, in certain males.

It makes 0 sense. I think if anything, the reason Finasteride/Dutasteride works or shows a slight improvement in some is because of the Estrogen increase, NOT the DHT suppression.

I know, I know, everybody likes to hang their hat on the study on 5ar deficient males never going bald as the end all/be all. Maybe those 5ar deficient males never go bald because testosterone at the follicle HAS to be converted to Estrogen by default, rather than DHT.

Maybe as we age, and our testosterone levels begin to drop slowly, the body is forced to convert more of the dwindling T to DHT to "make up" for the lack of T, by converting it to the more powerful by-product? Maybe the body selectively chooses areas it deems as "not critical" for the increased T/DHT conversion to get by?

This is all bro-science of course, but there HAS to be an answer somewhere in the middle.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait. What's the before and what's the after!? What do you actually use in which doses?
Well if the short hair is 14 months ago that will be the before mate. The long hair is now, no temple lose anymore.. no hair lose anymore, hair line still need improvement.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well if the short hair is 14 months ago that will be the before mate. The long hair is now, no temple lose anymore.. no hair lose anymore, hair line still need improvement.
Yeah, sry bud, couldn't identify cuz your temples looked different to each other in the after pics. Thanks!

I see on your regimen you use plenty of stuff, what do you use now and in which doses?

HelpMyHair!!

My Regimen
Reaction score
To follow up on my previous post a bit, here's a question:

Has anybody tried to somehow increase aromatose, or supplement Estrogen ONLY without a 5ar blocker or AA to see what happens?

HelpMyHair!!

My Regimen
Reaction score
Genetic factor. Hamilton's research says that the ones that did get pattern baldness from the testosterone supplement had family history.

dHT factor. Dht in high concentrations inhibits wnt. In medium concentrations maintains wnt.

Pattern factor. A single high glucose meal inhibits endothelial vascular function, and Enos, constricting both ways. Long term NO inhibition builds vascular smooth muscle, making vasodilation even less likely. AR upregulation disrupts glucose homeostasis, reinforcing vasoconstriction where dHT is accumulating. (Both from inflammation and disfunctional circulation). The pressure of scalp plus this vasoconstriction plus genetics starts to build a cycle.

(Can't be bothered detailing more sorry).

Working on recovering from it now, it's a challenge as to what is recoverable, and whether androgens are a problem if constant NO vasodilation is achieved.

I actually found abiraterone to be counter productive, and the common side effect of hypertension would support that.

This is EXACTLY the type of thinking I'm talking about. Would love to hear more when you are able!

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It makes 0 sense. I think if anything, the reason Finasteride/Dutasteride works or shows a slight improvement in some is because of the Estrogen increase, NOT the DHT suppression.
With castration, both T and E drop in you.And at the same time, you get a good result, thickening of the hair and an increase in density

To get moderate regrowth, it is enough not to increase estrogen, but to get rid of T and DHT, and this allows a combination of Bicalutamide and Finasteride. If the results obtained are not enough for you, you can add Estrogen, it will additionally stimulate the follicles

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, sry bud, couldn't identify cuz your temples looked different to each other in the after pics. Thanks!

I see on your regimen you use plenty of stuff, what do you use now and in which doses?

these results came from oral minoxidil and dust. I used 0.5 avodart(2/3yrs)and 10-40mg loniten for roughly 12 months.

I have only added in bic and E (2 months) for hairline.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great results! Oral minoxidil is underrated. It seems like those high doses really helped you regain density.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
(Short, shaved before long after) Just a density comparison before I couldn’t even grow long hair because of how thin and see through the temples were. Plus the wind would make the fluff that was left stand up and it looked awful.

Attachments

• 08301985-BC0D-481D-83F2-C55BE7365189.jpeg
    08301985-BC0D-481D-83F2-C55BE7365189.jpeg
    287.4 KB · Views: 223
  • B6D51D05-15AD-4A88-B855-E922F146A89A.jpeg
    B6D51D05-15AD-4A88-B855-E922F146A89A.jpeg
    201.6 KB · Views: 209
  • 13DB6EFA-77B1-4A9F-8CEF-1ABAEECB86F3.jpeg
    13DB6EFA-77B1-4A9F-8CEF-1ABAEECB86F3.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:

2TameDHT

My Regimen
Reaction score
My reservations about monotherapy come from the fact that on trans forums, monotherapy with E2 pills is commonly seen as less effective. They usually suggest going with E2 injections instead of pills if one wants it to be more effective.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My reservations about monotherapy come from the fact that on trans forums, monotherapy with E2 pills is commonly seen as less effective. They usually suggest going with E2 injections instead of pills if one wants it to be more effective.
I don't think that is correct but be that as it may, there are no studies indicating any form of estrogen ingestion to be more effective than others in terms of "results". Some people perceive psychological benefits at higher e2 levels but I am not sure that has been tested either. Some claim that CEE's might be more feminizing or better for breast growth but we have no studies there either.

One thing about people who inject is that they tend to understand the HRT process in general, much better and are alert to risks. Yes, there are better methods of ingestion than taking estrogen orally in terms of not being harsh to the liver. But patches work similarly to injections. Monotherapy works great for many people but what can happen is that a person cannot get their levels up high enough to reach adult female targets. So then adding spironolactone/cpa/bica can in essence trick the body into thinking estrogen levels are higher. But this is a method for people who want/need to hit targets quickly/sooner. I assume you are not trying to feminize so that is absent. MtF's also wish if possible to maximize breast growth so most protocols stated as being "better" are better in terms of breast growth allegedly.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
(Short, shaved before long after) Just a density comparison before I couldn’t even grow long hair because of how thin and see through the temples were. Plus the wind would make the fluff that was left stand up and it looked awful.
Great results - congrats! Did you grow a lot of body hair due to minoxidil? I'm on oral minoxidil and noticed a lot of new hair all over my body and face.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great results - congrats! Did you grow a lot of body hair due to minoxidil? I'm on oral minoxidil and noticed a lot of new hair all over my body and face.
Yes mate, arms,hands,eyebrows,eye lashes ect. I feel 20mg although a high dose is where most of results were made. (Not saying anyone should take that much just me personally I felt ok at those dosages)