Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The chest stopped hurting, it only hurt for a few minutes, there were no signs of gynecomastia. I found myself resistant to gynecomastia
But I still need surgery, because I plan HRT next year to resume growth
Wish I wasted time on Finasteride. My hair has suffered a lot, now it's not enough just to keep it - I need an increase in density

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Density, volume and better texture with a long anagen phase so one can grow one's hair long. I am achieving all four of those. It's a weird feeling because on one hand, it's just a matter of time but you never know or at least you fear that the hair conks out before you reach your goals but I have pretty much done that. I would go back on maybe 50mg to 100mg of spironolactone just to see if that flips any more receptors. It's weird how AA's and estrogen can cause different things so often.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do spironolactone receptors and estrogen receptors overlap? I am just wondering why estradiol together with spironolactone would be useful. I have a feeling that spironolactone and estradiol are synergistic. I am starting back to 50mg daily to see if it makes my beard less scratchy which annoys me to no end since I added oral minoxidil. I probably should have just reduced my dosage of spironolactone but I shall see if there are any sides from using only 50mg and to see if there's synergy.

Nimos0651

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do spironolactone receptors and estrogen receptors overlap? I am just wondering why estradiol together with spironolactone would be useful. I have a feeling that spironolactone and estradiol are synergistic. I am starting back to 50mg daily to see if it makes my beard less scratchy which annoys me to no end since I added oral minoxidil. I probably should have just reduced my dosage of spironolactone but I shall see if there are any sides from using only 50mg and to see if there's synergy.
ive been taking 50mg and 1mg estradiol + .75mg estrogel for 2.5 months and no bad sides yet and am seeing minor growth on the hairline. Im really looking to increase overall density but that looks like it could be achieved at the 6-8month mark

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I heard that people were losing ground trying to maintain the result obtained by Spironolactone with Bicalutamide
spironolactone has an estrogen-like effect. It may not be possible to maintain estrogen results with Bica, especially hair quality and texture

In a mouse study, we see that Bicalutamide does not completely prevent the effects of DHT, which I can see from the fact that I still have a small amount of acne and sebum. Possibly needed dosages of 150mg, which are comparable to castration
Ikarus also complained about his hairline, although he uses Estrogen with Bicalutamide. So everything may not be as easy as it seems at first glance ...
In general, this is all theory. I intend to test everything in practice

Last edited:

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
20210331_225953.jpg

20210331_230021.jpg
?hash=71dd5c73ee9a5f8e4bcca9bf5e116e42.jpg

I seriously want my hair to be back at top condition, how it was before I started puberty. :(

Attachments

• 20210331_230109.jpg
    20210331_230109.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 84

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
ive been taking 50mg and 1mg estradiol + .75mg estrogel for 2.5 months and no bad sides yet and am seeing minor growth on the hairline. Im really looking to increase overall density but that looks like it could be achieved at the 6-8month mark
It's funny. I took one on one day and I became ravenously hungry for NaCl.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Look like my temples, might be about NW1.5. Maybe you can use some concealer for the top just to hold you over for now mentally until treatments start to kick in.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I heard that people were losing ground trying to maintain the result obtained by Spironolactone with Bicalutamide
spironolactone has an estrogen-like effect. It may not be possible to maintain estrogen results with Bica, especially hair quality and texture

In a mouse study, we see that Bicalutamide does not completely prevent the effects of DHT, which I can see from the fact that I still have a small amount of acne and sebum. Possibly needed dosages of 150mg, which are comparable to castration
Ikarus also complained about his hairline, although he uses Estrogen with Bicalutamide. So everything may not be as easy as it seems at first glance ...
In general, this is all theory. I intend to test everything in practice

Ikarus also started 5mg oral minoxidil because he wasn't 100% happy with his results from bica and estradiol alone and had really great results, estradiol and minoxidil seem to work great together, whether oral or topical.

Last edited:

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 160621
I always thought I was a NW1... Probably a NW2 now rip
Unfortunately, only HRT will help you. Bicalutamide will only stop baldness, but you need to grow your hair. You can start right away with 50mg Bicalutamide + 2-4mg E, and then try to support the result with 75-100mg Bicalutamide. You will also have to undergo surgery to remove gynecomastia.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ikarus also started 5mg oral because he wasn't 100% happy with his results from bica and estradiol alone and had really great results, estradiol and minoxidil seem to work great together, whether oral or topical.
Bicalutamide only stops and slightly improves hair quality and thickness, just like castration. Estradiol is responsible for any re-growth, without it it will not be possible to return the hair. I want to try Estradiol, but give it up and try to keep the result on Bicalutamide

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately, only HRT will help you. Bicalutamide will only stop baldness, but you need to grow your hair. You can start right away with 50mg Bicalutamide + 2-4mg E, and then try to support the result with 75-100mg Bicalutamide. You will also have to undergo surgery to remove gynecomastia.
I sadly don't have access to bicalutamide and HRT. Maybe Bicalutamide in a few months, but for HRT, I would need to start a job and that would be pretty hard in my current position. :(

Life is so unfair.

franzliszt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I sadly don't have access to bicalutamide and HRT. Maybe Bicalutamide in a few months, but for HRT, I would need to start a job and that would be pretty hard in my current position. :(

Life is so unfair.
The cheapest option for e2 is lena's injectable. If feminizing sides aren't a concern for you, then monotherapy could be an option. It depends on the dosage, but around £100 will get you a years supply.

2TameDHT

My Regimen
Reaction score
spironolactone is the AA most transwomen use during transition, and they've gotten the results that have led to everyone here considering HRT in the first place. So, maybe it shouldn't have been cast aside so readily.

Androgenic Alpaca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
spironolactone is the AA most transwomen use during transition, and they've gotten the results that have led to everyone here considering HRT in the first place. So, maybe it shouldn't have been cast aside so readily.

spironolactone is no longer in vogue any more among trans women partly because it seems like it might stunt breast growth, though this might be a positive effect for many people on here

Its effects mineralocorticoid receptors also seems to have benefits for hair growth

Still, I would personally avoid it due to its side effect profile.