Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have to take finasteride and dutasteride when you’re on spironolactone since spironolactone obviously raises DHT levels without 5AR
spironolactone is weird... as a SAA it decreases androgens, but at the same time it raises them due to the (weak) AA properties on the AR.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Itsnoahkennedy and other's who did nuclear treatment and then maintained with AA's and/or 5ARi's...

I still can't understand how you all have got rid of the gyno, so the chest is still in a good shape, but not capable anymore to form breasts...

How!? Is there any surgeon able to perform such a surgery!? Is it physically possible!? Lol!

Jakarta_monas

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have to take finasteride and dutasteride when you’re on spironolactone since spironolactone obviously raises DHT levels without 5AR
There are people out there succeeding with spironolactone 200mg without DHT blockers, btw I just found out that spironolactone increases DHT, is there a link maybe?

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you believe dhtcel's calculations and the fact that finasteride reduces DHT by 50% in the scalp, 75mg of Bicalutamide and 1mg of finasteride are as effective as 100mg of Bicalutamide monotherapy that Maave used to grow the temples. But this is just a theory, we don't know a lot ...

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@tato123

Hey, our warrior, how is the fight going on?

I thought about your latest posts... Maybe the rise of the liver enzyms raised due to Metformin + Bicalutamide combo. You mentioned the enzyms (smt about glucose?), which metabolize Met., raised!?

Might there be a co-relation?
Sorry for the disappearance, I have a short time these days.

My treatment is going, I'm writing everything down and in the future maybe I will make a giant topic on the forum

Cruelly the results take too long to appear, I am trying not to be thinking and not to waste my time with this, it is becoming an addiction.

I say that I will return soon , but for now I will move forward with my treatment.

I will come back with information

Good luck guys

:D

DHTHUNTER

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are people out there succeeding with spironolactone 200mg without DHT blockers, btw I just found out that spironolactone increases DHT, is there a link maybe?
not. spironolactone does not increase DHT. it simply cannot block all testosterone. you can add cyproterone 12mg. this is a safe dose and then there will be no source of DHT.

DHTHUNTER

My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT has many synthesis pathways.
I agree. And the worst is when IGF-1 starts to increase AR sensitivity. Then 1% DHT is enough to worsen the situation. Because this 1% with increased AR sensitivity due to IGF-1 can turn 1% into 100%. this is the only reason why people do not achieve results even on HRT

Andi0501

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree. And the worst is when IGF-1 starts to increase AR sensitivity. Then 1% DHT is enough to worsen the situation. Because this 1% with increased AR sensitivity due to IGF-1 can turn 1% into 100%. this is the only reason why people do not achieve results even on HRT
It is assumed that testosterone plays also a major role in addition to dht regarding male pattern baldness

DHTHUNTER

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is assumed that testosterone plays also a major role in addition to dht regarding male pattern baldness
it turns out that all androgens harm hair. I've read a lot that metformin reduces AR sensitivity and improves hair growth. But I heard a lot that hair also falls out from metformin.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. Body hair growth in both sexes is generally ascribed to the effects of DHT but beard and scalp hair growth are more tenuous. We know that people who do not synthesize reductase tend not to go bald so that's a data point. I would have to check about beard growth but beards tend not to go away under HRT. Mine got stronger and thicker if anything. But some do have less beard growth after HRT and the younger ones tend to have this effect.

DHTHUNTER

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. Body hair growth in both sexes is generally ascribed to the effects of DHT but beard and scalp hair growth are more tenuous. We know that people who do not synthesize reductase tend not to go bald so that's a data point. I would have to check about beard growth but beards tend not to go away under HRT. Mine got stronger and thicker if anything. But some do have less beard growth after HRT and the younger ones tend to have this effect.
I know that estradiol and AA do not stop the beard. My beard growth was suppressed by finasteride and avodart.

Reciprocity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think your increase in beard growth has more to do with you taking oral minoxidil rather than being on HRT.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think your increase in beard growth has more to do with you taking oral minoxidil rather than being on HRT.
I am describing two different phases. Before beard removal, estrogen had strange effects on beard growth. At times, topical use seemed to dissolve the follicles into smugged dirt. But at other times, it seemed to improve the hair quality of the beard to something more akin to scalp hair but much harder to shave and remove. Shaving along with dermatitis got to be a thirty minute ordeal each day and beard removal resolved that.

I have had a mix of electrolysis and laser removal on my face. The hair removed via electrolysis is gone as the follicle has been destroyed. Laser removal however only degrades the follicle, often to something akin to peach fuzz but sometimes scratchier. I also had some unfortunate gray follicles and only electrolysis works on these. But yes, oral min reinvigorated my peach fuzz to something scratchier but that still barely increases in length. I don't like this effect but compared to restoring my hair, I am willing to run the electric razor across my face for a couple of minutes. If I reach complete restoration even in the temples, then I will go down to female/lower male doses below 2.5mg daily and titrate for the best balance. I don't expect to need oral min forever nor to maintain such high estradiol levels once all follicles have been awakened from dormancy.

franzliszt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed how diet affects the hair and skin? On days when I cut out sugar and refined carbs, my skin feels healthier and my scalp itch completely goes away. I think when all other treatments are being used, our diet should be evaluated.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed how diet affects the hair and skin? On days when I cut out sugar and refined carbs, my skin feels healthier and my scalp itch completely goes away. I think when all other treatments are being used, our diet should be evaluated.
I believe more so in the division of these two goals but I do believe that both are important aspects of health. I just tend not to believe that diet, or exercise improve MtF results or hair results except to the extent that they improve health and longevity in general. It doesn't matter in terms of dividing them as goals except that I don't want MtF's or hair seekers to be disappointed when only their health gets better and not their hair or breast growth or what have you.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I eat sweets, my face immediately itches and pimples in places where I feel itching more. The production of skin oil is also greatly increased. This all happens immediately after I eat. A couple of minutes. This does not apply to all sweets, but only to some. Not everyone has such a reaction to sweets, maybe what causes it is also bad for the hair?

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a friend who runs the reddit site /r/estrogel. I have asked her if she might be interested in discussing her site or speaking on her viewpoints related to the topical utility of Estrogel in general. She's an intellect and knows much of the MtF HRT science cold. But folks can check that site out and also ask questions there since there is such a current interest in Estrogel both for hair and as a parenteral medication for MtF's and feminization.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a friend who runs the reddit site /r/estrogel. I have asked her if she might be interested in discussing her site or speaking on her viewpoints related to the topical utility of Estrogel in general. She's an intellect and knows much of the MtF HRT science cold. But folks can check that site out and also ask questions there since there is such a current interest in Estrogel both for hair and as a parenteral medication for MtF's and feminization.

I would ask questions, but I have a constant shadow ban in this sh*t from all accounts