Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would bica be more beneficial for growth than spironolactone? Which would lower test more
I am not certain about this as both work similarly by occupying receptors and sort of tricking the body into thinking it has less T when actually more is circulating. Provera(brand name) which is medroxyprogesterone acetate is an AA of sorts that actually lowers T straightforwardly which makes interpreting testing easier. Some people get better results on bica and some on spironolactone.

In my experience, spironolactone needs to be used more gently and titrated because it can have pretty debilitating sides if used in excess. I used 100 mg and 200 mg and 300 mg and probably 50 mg was all that I should have taken but I was less aware of the concept of titration and shedding a couple of years ago. Some people prefer CPA which is sort of in between MPA and spironolactone in terms of how it works. It seems to block receptors and lower T but it is the most dangerous long-term and not approved for use in the U.S. Some people swear by it though and get it from offshore pharmacies.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if I get some results on Bicalutamide, I will try E as a temporary measure to improve my hair quality to adolescent levels. I don’t know if it’s worth it, but I have a purely scientific interest. In the meantime, we are waiting for July and August.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if I get some results on Bicalutamide, I will try E as a temporary measure to improve my hair quality to adolescent levels. I don’t know if it’s worth it, but I have a purely scientific interest. In the meantime, we are waiting for July and August.
You are an adolescent so it shouldn't be hard to reach adolescent levels....

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't aldosterone an antagonist of spironolactone? Resveratrol is a phyto-estrogen, I believe.
Yes, Resveratrol recudes adrenal androgen precursors.

I really am not sure how spironolactone certainly works. From my knowledge it flushs put Aldosterone, it can be found then in the urine.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am thinking more and more that I will be in need of E.

My hair vanishes more and more. I hope I can get bica regrowth as much as DHTcel got lol.

Nimos0651

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not certain about this as both work similarly by occupying receptors and sort of tricking the body into thinking it has less T when actually more is circulating. Provera(brand name) which is medroxyprogesterone acetate is an AA of sorts that actually lowers T straightforwardly which makes interpreting testing easier. Some people get better results on bica and some on spironolactone.

In my experience, spironolactone needs to be used more gently and titrated because it can have pretty debilitating sides if used in excess. I used 100 mg and 200 mg and 300 mg and probably 50 mg was all that I should have taken but I was less aware of the concept of titration and shedding a couple of years ago. Some people prefer CPA which is sort of in between MPA and spironolactone in terms of how it works. It seems to block receptors and lower T but it is the most dangerous long-term and not approved for use in the U.S. Some people swear by it though and get it from offshore pharmacies.
I’ve been taking 50mg spironolactone for the last 2 months and haven’t noticed any side effects yet. I agree with you I think 200mg is way too much but someone I think his name was “americanhairline” on this website took 200mg with dutasteride and had amazing results it just took time. I’m going to get bloodwork done again soon and hound them for the results so I can update you guys.

Swarleyd

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes AmericanHairline takes (took?) 200mg of spironolactone since he though that 100mg after one year wasn’t enough because of a shed

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
@tato123

Hey, our warrior, how is the fight going on?

I thought about your latest posts... Maybe the rise of the liver enzyms raised due to Metformin + Bicalutamide combo. You mentioned the enzyms (smt about glucose?), which metabolize Met., raised!?

Might there be a co-relation?

Jakarta_monas

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, I came and asked again, 3 months on spironolactone, gyno is the only change, because it hasn't been there before, is gyno a good sign for hair growth? How long will it take for me to see results at the 200mg spironolactone? , btw I am NW3 And the sebum on the face is still annoying

Swarleyd

My Regimen
Reaction score
You have to take finasteride and dutasteride when you’re on spironolactone since spironolactone obviously raises DHT levels without 5AR

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
20210316_072305.jpg

Look at all these vellus hairs, crying for rescue! >_<