Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some facial features change/grow until the day one dies.

If you look at a lot of older celebrities as they've aged in the public eye, their upper maxilla has expanded in older age, as an indicator of the effects of growth hormone over time.

I actually have braces right now, so I'm in the process of future-proofing my face.

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you look at a lot of older celebrities as they've aged in the public eye, their upper maxilla has expanded in older age, as an indicator of the effects of growth hormone over time.

I actually have braces right now, so I'm in the process of future-proofing my face.
How do braces help?

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does the upper teeth protrudes outward with age? I never heard of that, i asumed that the lips just flatten out giving the type of look

Not the teeth, the upper jaw, the maxilla.

It protrudes outward over age due to growth hormone exposure.

Look at David Bowie's progression as he gets older, that's what it is.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not the teeth, the upper jaw, the maxilla.

It protrudes outward over age due to growth hormone exposure.

Look at David Bowie's progression as he gets older, that's what it is.
Sounds like me monitoring rock stars for hair. I loved Jagger's hair from about 1968 to 1973 before he went punk-ish. I loved McCartney's hair in the black glossy White Album photo.

march-Cui

My Regimen
Reaction score
3F0D4978-8B04-4422-9639-92CD66740A64.jpeg

march-Cui

My Regimen
Reaction score
您好,我来自中国。看到您的文章时,我非常感兴趣。就像额头丢失一样,我也想尝试吃雌二醇以恢复头发。恐怕我会失去生育功能。我发现这种方法是极端的。你头上有头皮屑吗?有很多吗 脂溢性皮炎

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
您好,我来自中国。看到您的文章时,我非常感兴趣。就像额头丢失一样,我也想尝试吃雌二醇以恢复头发。恐怕我会失去生育功能。我发现这种方法是极端的。你头上有头皮屑吗?有很多吗 脂溢性皮炎
Unless you have an orchiectomy infertility is reversible most of the times.

Reciprocity

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Going on estradiol sounds too radical as your first step against hairloss. Why not try something like finasteride and maybe oral minoxidil first? You can always still switch over to estradiol if these might fail you. Either how, there are plenty of options besides what is basically hormone replacement therapy for transgender women. Exhaust those options first before throwing the kitchen sink at a problem.

(用谷歌翻译翻译):

服用雌二醇听起来太激进了,这是您防止脱发的第一步。为什么不先尝试非那雄胺,也许首先口服米诺地尔呢?如果这些药物可能会使您无法正常工作,您仍然可以切换到雌二醇。无论哪种方式,除了基本上是针对变性女性的激素替代疗法以外,还有很多选择。在使厨房水槽出现问题之前,请先用尽所有这些选项。

franzliszt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I was aware of that, that was for the treatment of prostate cancer too, not hair loss.

I have been using a .05% amount every day dissolved in ethanol and PG and it stopped my scalp itch and stopped me from waking up with morning wood for the first time in my life, which would suggest it's very much efficacious at that amount.

Only problem is it doesn't work for me, but nothing has, as my hair loss is not predominantly androgen related I suspect.

So I would reccommend you trying it at a dose like that if you're interested because I think it works at that strength and it is obviouly cheap as a result.

Have you tried PGE2?

That seems to be another potentially successful growing agent, albeit an expensive one.
I'm sorry to hear it didn't work for you, and I hope you find the root cause of your hairloss. I've kind of given up on the experiments, I think the Enzalutamide gave me anxiety in the end, and it's really dangerous taking this drug without getting it tested first. I'm a little sceptical of PGE2 after watching this video, although I've never tried it myself:

Ephemeral-Kitten

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's far more related to high GH and IGF-1 than anything else.

In fact what you're describing is explicitly acromegaly and not mediated by testosterone.
It's T as well. If you look at trans girls who take HRT early those effects don't happen. It can be that testosterone promotes GH though. I read a study on the effects of androgens on osteogenesis, I'll see if I can dig it up.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear it didn't work for you, and I hope you find the root cause of your hairloss. I've kind of given up on the experiments, I think the Enzalutamide gave me anxiety in the end, and it's really dangerous taking this drug without getting it tested first. I'm a little sceptical of PGE2 after watching this video, although I've never tried it myself:
Glad, I'm on Castor.

Ephemeral-Kitten

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
雌二醇可以阻止脱发,但也可能有副作用,例如乳房发育以及暂时或长期不育。 如果计划生育不是您的重中之重,那是安全的选择。

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's T as well. If you look at trans girls who take HRT early those effects don't happen. It can be that testosterone promotes GH though. I read a study on the effects on androgens on osteogenesis, I'll see if I can dig it up.

No, it's GH and IGF-1, especially GH however.

Testosterone will mediate bone growth, yes, but only during puberty, beyond that it is almost entirely GH, IGF-1 does somewhat to the skeletal structure but mostly that affects soft tissue.

My testosterone has been high for a while and I've fought to keep it down, and I haven't experienced anything relating to that, mostly just oily skin.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Screech needs a full blood panel done, especially other hormones such as DHEA, IGF-1 and growth hormone.

If they have any skin problems at all while on finasteride, they have one or a few hormones still out of whack.

Ephemeral-Kitten

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, it's GH and IGF-1, especially GH however.

Testosterone will mediate bone growth, yes, but only during puberty, beyond that it is almost entirely GH, IGF-1 does somewhat to the skeletal structure but mostly that affects soft tissue.

My testosterone has been high for a while and I've fought to keep it down, and I haven't experienced anything relating to that, mostly just oily skin.
I was talking about puberty (12-24) after that the growth plates ossify.