Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Ephemeral-Kitten

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wondering, are there people here who had reflex androgenicity from finastreide found success when using estrogen either topical/orally?
5AR inhibitors will always cause the AR to up regulate, but I don't think hyper androgenicity is a real thing, or if it is, it's very rare. Up regulation of the AR can last for a while though. To answer your question, yes, estrogen should help to down regulate androgen receptor density.

ReturnOfExtreme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It has been a week or so since increasing my estrogen dosage to 4mg/day. I can‘t speak on the hair effects yet, and I’m not sure if there will be an initial shed due to a change in hormones or not, although my last blood test did show that my estrogen levels were quite balanced out and not much higher than it used to be (around 200 pg/mL) on 3mg/day. Major effect is that my skin has become insanely dry, expected since my testosterone levels went from around 300 ng/dL (in September) to 30 ng/dL (December), and since my skin needs more moisture I have developed perioral dermatitis. I have also invested in a Mason Pearson hair brush, it has been significantly more gentle on my hair compared to a regular hair brush. It has also helped the health of my hair, and there’s not really anymore snags when brushing.

ReturnOfExtreme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought we were among friends, and friends make a point of watching all sides of their companions, no judgment. I agree that sometimes there are people who go over the point, but it is undeniable how much @JaneyElizabeth added to this conversation, unlike most who come here and only get information, the guy comes has the courage to put his face on helping everyone and guys speak bad is still bad .

Yeah, I don’t understand the disrespect to her. She has been very helpful in DMs in times of need, especially.

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5AR inhibitors will always cause the AR to up regulate, but I don't think hyper androgenicity is a real thing, or if it is, it's very rare. Up regulation of the AR can last for a while though. To answer your question, yes, estrogen should help to down regulate androgen receptor density.

I see. Would biestro (estrodial and estriol) be a good start?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It has been a week or so since increasing my estrogen dosage to 4mg/day. I can‘t speak on the hair effects yet, and I’m not sure if there will be an initial shed due to a change in hormones or not, although my last blood test did show that my estrogen levels were quite balanced out and not much higher than it used to be (around 200 pg/mL) on 3mg/day. Major effect is that my skin has become insanely dry, expected since my testosterone levels went from around 300 ng/dL (in September) to 30 ng/dL (December), and since my skin needs more moisture I have developed perioral dermatitis. I have also invested in a Mason Pearson hair brush, it has been significantly more gentle on my hair compared to a regular hair brush. It has also helped the health of my hair, and there’s not really anymore snags when brushing.
At that price, $175, it should comb your hair by itself! What are the benefits as to how that brush works?

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah yes this is the legendary thread I was referring to where some dude was able to get insane growth with female hormones but they started looking more feminine

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah yes this is the legendary thread I was referring to where some dude was able to get insane growth with female hormones but they started looking more feminine
Welcome. Yes this fellow @bridgeburn might be the first person in the world to pretty much document a two-year progression from bald to insane curly locks pictorially. There are several others who post of similar amazing hair growth. I hope you will feel a part of a great cohort here where everyone is willing to help and present their own treatments and successes not to mention to post anything hair or hormone related, including articles and to request call-outs for any particular issue you might have.

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Welcome. Yes this fellow @bridgeburn might be the first person in the world to pretty much document a two-year progression from bald to insane curly locks pictorially. There are several others who post of similar amazing hair growth. I hope you will feel a part of a great cohort here where everyone is willing to help and present their own treatments and successes not to mention to post anything hair or hormone related, including articles and to request call-outs for any particular issue you might have.

Take a look at my thread since I did use bi-estro cream. This is only 3 months but I didn't use minoxidil or any other abnormal drug like finasteride:

ReturnOfExtreme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At that price, $175, it should comb your hair by itself! What are the benefits as to how that brush works?

It’s a boar bristle brush, it is much more gentle on the hair and distributes your natural oils which makes your hair shinier. I got the Mason Pearson one because it’s a classic, but there are other boar bristle brushes which are cheaper out there, such as the Denman brush.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s a boar bristle brush, it is much more gentle on the hair and distributes your natural oils which makes your hair shinier. I got the Mason Pearson one because it’s a classic, but there are other boar bristle brushes which are cheaper out there, such as the Denman brush.
Is this a British product?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely not the wealth part, but taste? Yes! I prefer investing in things which last rather than things which don’t, and these Mason Pearson brushes are known to last a life time.
I was also cribbing a line from Sympathy for the Devil: "I'm a man of wealth and taste". Hoo, hoo, hoo, hoo.

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another month of seemingly no improvement.. Im sure its there, I just dont see it. Ran out of finasteride 3 weeks ago and decided to see if I could quit it completely, so far so good?
I noticed I have a perfect NW1 of vellus hair now so I would probably get great results with minoxidil but gonna wait a couple more months cause I’m afraid of unwanted body hair/worse skin.
Happy holidays to all of you!
View attachment 153090

you need to start microneedling and you'll see the real difference.

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use a 1.5mm dermapen once a week. I went from totally bald hairline to completely covered in vellus hairs but am struggling getting past that stage. Im afraid that I'll have to resort to minoxidil but I'm hoping estrogen does the trick.

try 2.5mm

I was told based on anecdotal evidence and personal experience it bursts the hairline with new growth at an exponential rate. I just begun doing 2.5mm needling yesterday....very painful but them hair gains man