Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Ephemeral-Kitten

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Life-flo has a piddly amount of estriol in it, I'd need to use almost an entire container each day. Plus there's the absorption problems that ephemeral-kitten mentioned. It would be better to use something in a vehicle that contains alcohol or DMSO.

And as for progesterone, there's different effects of different routes of administration. large doses have antigonaotropin effects, especially when taken rectally. Progesterone is also useful for breast development in late tanner stages. But I'm more interested in using it in smaller topical doses. This has been experimentally shown to improve skin and hair health, though truthfully I'm not sure what the biochemical mechanism here at play is
I think progesterone and other progestins‘ benefit may lie in the PPARγ agonist effect of activating the progesterone receptor.

Here is an interesting article about progestogens' effects on PPARγ and CD36:
https://www.jbc.org/content/291/29/15108.full.pdf

This is good reading on the subject of PPAR mediated hair and adipose effects:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6399744/

Last edited:

Androgenic Alpaca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I've heard of nandrolone before. I think it would be very useful for transmasculine (FtM) people wishing to transition without hair loss and bodybuilders who want to use anabolic steroids without hair loss, but I'm not sure that it'd be that useful for cisgender men for a couple reasons: Nandrolone needs to be "de-activated" by the 5-ar enzyme, which means that in order for nandrolone to be effective in preventing hairloss, you need to have almost no testosterone in your body since the 5ar will turn T into DHT. This means shutting down the function of the testes and thus problems with infertility. Maybe it would have some sexual side effects as well in terms of ED and loss of libido.

I could see the following usage of nandrolone as being useful: Nandrolone + antigonadotropin (progesterone suppository maybe?) instead of using high dose androgen blockers like CPA, bica, or spironolactone. both therapies would possibly result in infertility, but nandrolon therapy would probably have less risk of feminization and greater probability of retaining muscle mass. But for maximum results, estrogen would still need to be added for regrowth...

I could see maybe nandrolone being added as an additional therapy to someone on full HRT (E + blocker or E + antigonadotropin) who wishes to retain muscle mass. But there'd still be gyno. I guess someone could try a therapy of E + blocker + SERM (ralox or tamox) + Nandrolone... that's a lot of meds though. And they're all being used experimentally or off-label, so who knows what interactions and effects will happen.

I still think the best therapy for preventing hairloss in most men will be a 5ar + topical blocker (RU58841 maybe?). More extreme measures for blocking the effects of androgens on hair will be needed by only a small number of people. The bigger question is how to get the regrowth benefits of estrogen without the gynecomastia and feminization of E

Androgenic Alpaca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really wish that we could get an endocrinologist on these forums. Most of what we post (Including things that I post) is just pure speculation

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really wish that we could get an endocrinologist on these forums. Most of what we post (Including things that I post) is just pure speculation
Actually, I disagree with this. I can post more studies but do people want to actually go through them? Transgender females fight tooth and nail over this stuff and I try not to put myself out on limbs beyond the current consensus in the literature and by the endocrine society. Remember, many of us take this stuff every day so we have insight into what's at least problematic in the short-run like spironolactone even though that seems pretty effective for cis-guys for halting hair loss.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've heard of nandrolone before. I think it would be very useful for transmasculine (FtM) people wishing to transition without hair loss and bodybuilders who want to use anabolic steroids without hair loss, but I'm not sure that it'd be that useful for cisgender men for a couple reasons: Nandrolone needs to be "de-activated" by the 5-ar enzyme, which means that in order for nandrolone to be effective in preventing hairloss, you need to have almost no testosterone in your body since the 5ar will turn T into DHT. This means shutting down the function of the testes and thus problems with infertility. Maybe it would have some sexual side effects as well in terms of ED and loss of libido.

I could see the following usage of nandrolone as being useful: Nandrolone + antigonadotropin (progesterone suppository maybe?) instead of using high dose androgen blockers like CPA, bica, or spironolactone. both therapies would possibly result in infertility, but nandrolon therapy would probably have less risk of feminization and greater probability of retaining muscle mass. But for maximum results, estrogen would still need to be added for regrowth...

I could see maybe nandrolone being added as an additional therapy to someone on full HRT (E + blocker or E + antigonadotropin) who wishes to retain muscle mass. But there'd still be gyno. I guess someone could try a therapy of E + blocker + SERM (ralox or tamox) + Nandrolone... that's a lot of meds though. And they're all being used experimentally or off-label, so who knows what interactions and effects will happen.

I still think the best therapy for preventing hairloss in most men will be a 5ar + topical blocker (RU58841 maybe?). More extreme measures for blocking the effects of androgens on hair will be needed by only a small number of people. The bigger question is how to get the regrowth benefits of estrogen without the gynecomastia and feminization of E

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see what you mean. Great reply.
IMG_0294.JPG

It still surprises me how the regrowth feels more like improvement. It is hard for me to articulate but it feels like the change-over from a squarish hairline to a more oval one is a big part of the changing environment in the front. At this point, usually, things do begin to present more and more like someone who's hair is getting longer and maybe more manageable very gradually in many of the MtF pics that I have seen.

Last edited:

Ephemeral-Kitten

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People ask questions and the answers are non-responsive and address another point.
This has been what you've done non-stop since I offered a gentle correction. But I am here for it, go off sis, let's see the hulk mode explanation for how trans and cis are in fact not antonyms lol

You're not going to "put me in my place" here, so don't even worry about it. Although that preface makes me wonder if you are preparing to engage in ad hominem attack or other such fallacies, as you have broadly engaged in red herrings.

Ephemeral-Kitten

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I want you as an ally and not to be at odds. Everyone on here is bright unlike elsewhere. I need you defending me lol because I put myself out there and get attacked a lot. I would love to hear about your aesthetic stuff. I even believe things like that can be done systematically although right now, I am trying to maintain myself with non-surgical nips and tweaks to show what is possible without surgery.
Calling out ridiculous logical fallacies and correcting flawed and contradictory statements does not make me your enemy, but take things as you will.

I'd defend you if someone was being overtly transphobic, but everyone has been very chill lately, to their credit.

Ephemeral-Kitten

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't been reading much of what you have written or rather not as closely. I am sure most people can't read close to what I write.
Your writing style has a tendency to veer wildly off topic (that's where the red herrings come in) and to be incoherent. Please get over yourself.

Your pretentiousness is ill deserved.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What Nobody Gets Right:

1. None of you titrate your doses
2. None of you can stop tinkering; This is a cis-male thing; we tinker but if you can't leave your hands off the dial for a few months, then the situation is impenetrable.
3. None of you are using enough estradiol.
4. There are a lot of whiners on MtF transition sites and this site is similar.
5. You either do this like @bridgeburn or don't bother.

I believe that there is a huge amount of confusion regarding estrogen in the MtF community and some of that bleeds over to here. We still have huge gaps in knowledge but it appears that MtF's, at least initially, might have to opt for either breasts or hair but not both. Why? Because mega-doses of estrogen tend to halt breast growth immediately and forever for MtFs. Since everyone uses too much estrogen all through HRT, our fora are choked with whiners about breasts. By the way, not everyone on HRT even gets external results so we have tons of these familiar posts: "Help! HRT is not working for me". People on HRT feel entitled to cis-female-like breast growth and that just doesn't happen for many of us. I mean, it did to me but probably because I used too little estrogen starting out and took many breaks from my DIY beginnings on HRT.

So, on the MtF side, initially, at least, it appears that MtFs have to choose either a breast goal or a hair goal but not both. Why? Because hair regrowth requires far more estrogen than does breast growth. I know because I looked exactly like a female from the neck down for several years and I got no "results" above my neck, except my eyes opened up some. So, I was a really hot babe from the neck down and still an aging troll from the neck up. I started HRT on .30 mg of Premarin, a well-known contraceptive composed of the different natural estrogens found in female pregnant horses. Premarin is slightly stronger than estradiol but not that much so say .5 mg of estradiol titrated upwards after six months to .625 mg. This was my whole first year of formal HRT which most indicate is too small a dose to cause any feminization at all, nor was I taking an AA except for dutasteride and finasteride. This was because I am non-binary and I was trying to avoid breast growth. Ha ha says my Goddess above. "I will give you great youth and beauty but outstanding breasts are non-negotiable if you want your locks back".

The Goddess above has given hair to females. Men are silly. Abundant, flowing locks aren't for them. With Brad Pitt being a one in a million exception but still, Mr. Pitt's own wife, Jenn, still has better hair and it's not that close. These boy bands that people keep posting, yes, they have great density but it comes in the form of a hair helmet, Who wants that? Female caucasian hair is the most sexually dimorphic hair not just in terms of growth but also in terms of color, plus whites have more shades of hair than other races (sorry, race is rarely relevant but with hair, you can't not mention race). Then there is thing with hairlines being too low. It looks crappy. AntiDHTor or whoever, to me looked absolutely hideous with his regrowth. He went from a normal, nice male head of hair with recession that was barely cosmetically significant to Eddie Munster and literally had hair all over his face where it didn't belong.

So here's the gig. Because far more estrogen is needed to grow hair than even big breasts, you guys have to pass through the breast stage at the beginning but the hair regrowth stage only happens at the end. Why are my breasts so developed? Well, I started with estriol, bi-estro cream and then tiny amounts of E, titrated upwards every six months. This is an extremely conservative protocol and it did the opposite of what I expected. Instead it drew out my "2nd puberty" and my breasts now have been growing for six plus years and my hair still isn't quite finished although my hairline appears to be dropping rapidly.

So paradoxically, those of you using tiny amounts of E as part of your cocktail are probably doing the opposite of what you mean to. Instead, you guys should flood your systems (within reason, always titrate if you have sides) right from the beginning. That has a good chance of fusing your breast ducts right away and voila, like 90 percent of MtFs on HRT, you will experience little to no breast growth. Then you want to continue titrating upwards until you meet the Wpath target numbers for E and T.

Here's what's different. The MtF community argues vociferously about every single med and every single ingestion method. We are tinkerers just like you folks but for MtFs the focus is all but invariably breast growth and not hair regrowth. Maybe because breast growth is semi-permanent or maybe because so many of us even with full heads of hair simply don't have the right look with our own hair. Anyway, if people come to for instance, AskMtFHrT, they are going to basically only discuss new protocols or how to improve protocols but always it is directed towards improving breast growth. Unlike what folks think, MtFs struggle to grow breasts at all.

So, for growing boobs, a lower-dose estrogen protocol is called for and boobs can grow big with marginal amounts of estrogen and no t-blockers. You don't have to come anywhere close to meeting proposed targets for breast growth. For results above the neck, however, in my experience, an MtF needs to hit Wpath targets or only marginal hair improvement is possible/likely.

So first of all, none of you are using enough estrogen which is the inverse of the MtF community where people use far too much starting out, chasing "results". Second, you have got to meet these Wpath targets for some consecutive period of time before you are likely to see results. There is a well-known article cited previously on here from 2016 related to spironolactone and the need to hit targets to restart hair growth and then maintain these targets. FtMs go bald right off the bat so that's of no interest except to show that T is involved and seriously involved in male pattern baldness.

A crux of the article is that it's hard to hit targets for many MtFs and this is where the AA's and progestins come in. E2 only works fine for hair regrowth with nothing else (except Duta for protection against missing targets) but particularly for those who ingest tablets and swallow them, using an AA like Bicalutamide or spironolactone or Cyproterone Acetate can ensure that they hit target E on much less estrogen. Buccal and Sublingual folks don't have to worry about this but I don't believe that they have better "results". It's just cheaper to go the buccal method if you don't have health insurance buying your meds, which I do.

Instead, you guys tend to use marginal amounts of estrogen, often without an AA and that seems to just be a recipe for frustration. I was using topical E years ago and getting minimal results related to hair improvement. My breasts were big and full but not my hair so even though I am non-binary, I decided that I had to try to hit targets now for six months to a year before desisting. You guys give up on everything right away. You all moan about these multitude of sides that strangely enough, MtFs don't tend to get and then you give up.

So, in May, I stopped using 200 mg of spironolactone daily and dropped finasteride since it was unlikely to provide any benefits not supplied by dutasteride and I switched from premarin, which is highly controversial in the MtF community to Climara 100 patches and bam, I hit targets right away and I had never even come close before. I am entering month five of my estrogen blast-off and all has been photographed and I will see if the hairline finally comes down but mostly I expect thickening and changes in texture and ability to grow it long. Always, the temples come last and I have some opinions on why that is and also as to why beards might be incompatible for most guys who want perfect hair.

My initial goal had been to help transgender females over college age learn to pass but that is fraught with danger and not worth the hassle because of our community's rigid groupthink. We are not suppose to even intimate that a large percentage of older "gals" as is the term that we go by, look like hell. Instead, our motto is that all women are beautiful.

Um....no, they are not and many transgender females don't appear to even be trying; they can just say that they are non-binary nowadays though. Well, I am non-binary but between hair and big breasts and marginal dutasteride guy hair and no breasts, that is an easy choice for me; I already reproduced and was married to a beautiful woman.

Long story short, since I am verbose, 1) use more estradiol and titrate upwards towards Wpath target E and T levels as fast as possible to minimize breast growth and then get you to the target regions where hair regrowth is greatly facilitated and 2) Stay on a regimen for at least six months and try not to keep adding and subtracting things. Of course, I am a tinkerer too but I am only in this for the hair and I am not ashamed to admit it but being female is addictive and many of you won't want to come back:

Here is a bit of creative writing that I have done related to entering the Goddess's domain and not wanting ever to leave:

"A funny thing happened to me on my way to the ball. I don't disavow anything prior to this and deep down, I knew that this was probably going to happen....

But I must confess that the Goddess took a hold of me, and when the Goddess called, I was powerless not to follow, powerless not to emulate Her.

So all that stuff about being non-binary.... well, I have moved on but since I am one who doesn't claim to be "female", I still feel as though I am somewhere in between "female" and mtf non-binary.

I have become captured by the experience and it is now too late for me to escape. I don't want to escape.

Beware all who enter here that this might be a one-way ticket in that I think that estrogen can become like a drug and like any drug that you like, you just want more and more.

There's definitely, for me, an ecstasy, an euphoria from taking estrogen. So if you just want to see what breasts are like or just want to see if estrogen improves your hair, and then slip back to what you were before, well there's a good chance that you won't make it back. Just saying.... Be careful what you wish for.

Beware to all those who enter and taste estrogen's wonderful delights. It's like the Greek sirens who pull you in and in and in and then you happily dive right in. Many enter the Goddess's chambers, very few of us ever leave".

Last thing I remember
I was running for the door
I had to find the passage back to the place I was before
"Relax," said the night man
"We are programmed to receive
You can check-out any time you like
But you can never leave....

Eagles-Hotel California-1976

View attachment 146780
I have a genuine question. Is the penile atrophy on HRT is reversible?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can address that in a post in a way that is refined if people don't start acting juvenile. That's partly why I thought that I might provide some insight here because unlike @bridgeburn, yes, I am, doing this from entirely the female side, meaning I am not trying to maintain any male artifacts. Surgery is sort of going out of style in my opinion because there are new tweaks making just HRT so close to an authentic experience. I am not a sissy and my sexual preference remains women. I guess I still have hang-ups as I emphasize my maleness here.

I am not out for converts; we have enough members already but for guys on the fence or wondering if they can get in and out, nobody knows better than I do. It might be possible to go on HRT slick bald; regenerate your hair in 12 to 15 months and then ease off and then back to duta and minoxidil. I don't think that it is possible for some reason but on the other hand, I am pretty close to being able to do that already. I already posted two pics of my bald head from last year so I have gone from completely bald to a pretty decent head of hair for a 56 year old guy in 12 to 15 months depending upon when the spironolactone shed officially ended, lol.

Anyway, I don't think it is possible to pull the switch off. I think that it is like going back in time to kill your grandfather. You just can't pull off the cis-male to XY female and then back to XY male without giving a lot of the hair back. That's what happens to a lot of FtMs almost immediately, baldness. That's why I think estrogen is key and needed if a person wants something akin to a juvenile hairline like @bridgeburn had. And he went from troll, to pretty cute and that is the general pattern. If you are good looking in high school or in your before picture, with good hair, things seem to turn out better especially for petite people like me in terms of being able to impersonate an XX without people clocking me. I am glad you are interested in the topic.

Last edited:

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a genuine question. Is the penile atrophy on HRT is reversible?
As i understand the main reason behind it is the lack of erections. If not atrophy, then it's just the overall quality of your erections that may led you to believe it's smaller than it once was.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
As i understand the main reason behind it is the lack of erections. If not atrophy, then it's just the overall quality of your erections that may led you to believe it's smaller than it once was.
That's pretty close. When researchers measure in general, they used pulled length, and as far as I can tell, unless someone gets castrated, pulled length either doesn't change or barely changes.

Here's the stuff you might not know that @bridgeburn didn't address and his style was different. I loved his writing and his intellect and it inspired me, so no criticisms. I only point out where he and I might differ in experience or results. I put things in the third person or the passive so I am not referring to myself here but only generally but I am also not denying these things in my own situation or experience. I do spend many hours a week answering newbie hormonal questions on two different MtF sites so I have heard the full range of tales.

So although ultimate size does not change, the entire area of the pubis can become completely estrogenized (my invented word) and become more and more intersex in nature. Because of the profound skin healing properties of estrogen, cis-males who were circumcised may experience partial regrowth of the foreskin which resembles clitoral overhang or hood.

The entire area of the penis may become "wrinkly" and appear more and more lipstick or clitoris-like. The pubis itself may bulge, with the scrotum inverted and the fatty tissue on either side presenting more and more like labia majora.

What I refer to as a pseudo-mons with indentation might appear and the entire area including thighs, ***, etc, can become fattier and cellulite might be present since there is always exchange of the medication from movement and rubbing. By this point, orgasms experienced are fully female in nature and MtFs all know this and we know when it changes. The feeling reverts back to pre-pubescent excitation in which multiple orgasms are possible but not probable since the sex drive is at first all but gone and then when estrogen brings it back, it is entirely different and you just can't get into the same mindset or fixation. I rarely have interest in anything prurient any longer.

By this point, the intersex aspect can become profound, to the point that the entire region, this is hard to explain but anything you touch down there, it moves like the female equivalent.

The penis re-orientates to a downward position and for lack of a scientific term, can now only be manipulated by "diddling" and it may move inward and act "button-like." SRS often completely destroys nerve endings in the penis so in terms of enjoying sex, I think this is one reason why many MtFs especially non-binary might be less interested in SRS although I have seen no stats. Because so many people are coming into the cohort, SRS is still increasing greatly worldwide.

The reason why these unusual/unheard of effects are probably largely unknown is that until now, few put the patch or estrogel "down there" because it was "highly discouraged" by the companies and practitioners. But many MtFs have always used estrogen on the breasts and genital skin.

Scrotal application is roughly five times more efficient for hormonal meds and doesn't that almost make sense? But a study just came out so MtFs can now use just estrogel to meet estrogen and testosterone targets. Before it was too expensive. Extreme users too can use this route if they dare and save money on meds but starting out, it is very hard to do psychologically because of the ways cis-males are raised and socialized.

Depending on the meds used and if scrotal application is used, especially the patch, the penis may begin however to present smaller and smaller and thinner and thinner. I mean, if a guy is in the locker room or on a date and it looks like a 12 year-old penis soft, quoting your pulled length, well, you know, probably not going to impress.

What I was thinking might be of interest is trying to go through the progress from the beginning to the middle to the end where a person hits female targets in terms of what the penis can still do so extreme users might have some idea how close they can tip-toe to the edge in search of long, golden, luscious, carefree, windproof locks.

I don't understand @bridgeburn's purported prowess at the end, though because he was on a full-blown MtF HRT program and he said that he still could have penetrative relations. Maybe, but I doubt that he's doing any plowing. Insertion might continue along with some tumescence but people claim really varied experiences. I don't think that he was using a serm.

Maybe more overview than requested but you will find that I am often excessively thorough.

Last edited:

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the people on hormones should keep taking Cialis 5 mg /daily .

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the people on hormones should keep taking Cialis 5 mg /daily .
Many of my chimerical acquaintances do use this or v**** and I probably could too if I had the inclination. It would probably be spongy but maybe enough for folks hitting female targets. Here you are talking about short-run dysfunction though and I think above the question was more about permanent dysfunction. I don't believe in permanent dysfunction and my impression is that it is easy to reverse all penile dysfunction from MtF HRT.

Androgenic Alpaca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's pretty close. When researchers measure in general, they used pulled length, and as far as I can tell, unless someone gets castrated, pulled length either doesn't change or barely changes.

Here's the stuff you might not know that @bridgeburn didn't address and his style was different. I loved his writing and his intellect and it inspired me, so no criticisms. I only point out where he and I might differ in experience or results. I put things in the third person or the passive so I am not referring to myself here but only generally but I am also not denying these things in my own situation or experience. I do spend many hours a week answering newbie hormonal questions on two different MtF sites so I have heard the full range of tales.

So although ultimate size does not change, the entire area of the pubis can become completely estrogenized (my invented word) and become more and more intersex in nature. Because of the profound skin healing properties of estrogen, cis-males who were circumcised may experience partial regrowth of the foreskin which resembles clitoral overhang or hood.

The entire area of the penis may become "wrinkly" and appear more and more lipstick or clitoris-like. The pubis itself may bulge, with the scrotum inverted and the fatty tissue on either side presenting more and more like labia majora.

What I refer to as a pseudo-mons with indentation might appear and the entire area including thighs, ***, etc, can become fattier and cellulite might be present since there is always exchange of the medication from movement and rubbing. By this point, orgasms experienced are fully female in nature and MtFs all know this and we know when it changes. The feeling reverts back to pre-pubescent excitation in which multiple orgasms are possible but not probable since the sex drive is at first all but gone and then when estrogen brings it back, it is entirely different and you just can't get into the same mindset or fixation. I rarely have interest in anything prurient any longer.

By this point, the intersex aspect can become profound, to the point that the entire region, this is hard to explain but anything you touch down there, it moves like the female equivalent.

The penis re-orientates to a downward position and for lack of a scientific term, can now only be manipulated by "diddling" and it may move inward and act "button-like." SRS often completely destroys nerve endings in the penis so in terms of enjoying sex, virtually all transsexual females or many, many struggle to reach orgasm because surgery mutilates the penis which is then separated into a urethra and clitoris. I think this is why many MtFs especially non-binary see SRS as genital mutilation and people don't talk about it much anymore on the boards. The topic is not of interest to me generally because I find it distasteful sort of like hair transplants being mutilation.

The reason why these unusual/unheard of effects are probably largely unknown is that until now, few put the patch or estrogel "down there" because it was "highly discouraged" by the companies and practitioners. But many MtFs have always used estrogen on the breasts and genital skin.

Scrotal application is roughly five times more efficient for hormonal meds and doesn't that almost make sense? But a study just came out so MtFs can now use just estrogel to meet estrogen and testosterone targets. Before it was too expensive. Extreme users too can use this route if they dare and save money on meds but starting out, it is very hard to do psychologically because of the ways cis-males are raised and socialized.

Depending on the meds used and if scrotal application is used, especially the patch, the penis may begin however to present smaller and smaller and thinner and thinner. I mean, if a guy is in the locker room or on a date and it looks like a 12 year-old penis soft, quoting your pulled length, well, you know, probably not going to impress.

What I was thinking might be of interest is trying to go through the progress from the beginning to the middle to the end where a person hits female targets in terms of what the penis can still do so extreme users might have some idea how close they can tip-toe to the edge in search of long, golden, luscious, carefree, windproof locks.

I don't understand @bridgeburn's purported prowess at the end, though because he was on a full-blown MtF HRT program and he said that he still could have penetrative relations. Maybe, but I doubt that he's doing any plowing. Insertion might continue along with some tumescence but people claim really varied experiences. I don't think that he was using a serm.

Maybe more overview than requested but you will find that I am often excessively thorough.

What a lot of people don't realize is that male and female sex organs are more similar than they are different. All the organs down there develop from the same embryonic tissue and so every organ one sex possesses has an equivalent in the other sex. (I think except for the uterus, there's no male equivalent of that.) So yeah, on HRT, the sex organs will develop to be more like the other sex's.

Also, I think you really need to be careful about referring to SRS/GAS as "mutilation." That's very value-laden terminology that reflects your own personal views. I don't think its possible to objectively call it "mutilation" since people can choose to do whatever they want with their bodies. I've spoken to or read about many trans women who are more than happy to have "bottom surgery" done, whether it be a full vaginoplasty or just an orchi