Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you're right but without hair i'm falling into depression and finasteride alone doesn't work, I have been on finasteride 2mg/d for 6 months :confused:
recently i have added CPA 12.5mg/d to my regimen (it has been 47 days by now)...
it won't cause feminisation without estradiol and i hope it will help my hair a lot :rolleyes:
If cypro reduces your LH and FSH level, then you will Experience testicular atrophy. You can use 200 mg spironolactone or 25 mg bica ED, which have fewer side effects than cypro.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
CPA is the bomb and if I were to do it for hair I would jump to spironolactone. Bica works better with E2 and even if spironolactone is a weaker AA it has more proven benefits.

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well my E2 is down and my total T is doubled from the previous test.(worth noting that i only took the pills after the blood sampling 24 hours apart) I'll post the results when i have all of them.

ali.talebi1994

My Regimen
Reaction score
If cypro reduces your LH and FSH level, then you will Experience testicular atrophy. You can use 200 mg spironolactone or 25 mg bica ED, which have fewer side effects than cypro.
yeah I have recently started to feel some pain in my testicleso_O
last year I tried 200 mg spironolactone for about 2 months and I had no ball ache but my liver could not tolerate and I got skin rashes and hives:confused:
my liver enzymes had raised to 4x of the normal rangeo_O
but now I am fine on CPA 12.5mg/d and I will have a blood test in this Monday, it will contain a full check up plus T and prolactin... any thing else i should add to check???

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah I have recently started to feel some pain in my testicleso_O
last year I tried 200 mg spironolactone for about 2 months and I had no ball ache but my liver could not tolerate and I got skin rashes and hives:confused:
my liver enzymes had raised to 4x of the normal rangeo_O
but now I am fine on CPA 12.5mg/d and I will have a blood test in this Monday, it will contain a full check up plus T and prolactin... any thing else i should add to check???
I don't know. But bica is a better option than CPA. Testicular atrophy in not fully reversible.

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
SHBG is not there, because they forgot about it... Everything else seems to be in order
Edit: SHBG : 48,84 nmol/L better late than never
2020-09-15
233.png
2019-12-04
55.jpg
Any input would be appreciated, since i have no idea what i'm looking at.

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you taking bic? I recall you mentioning the swap from spironolactone > bic.

Myself I have just started spirno

Bica is probably better if you take estradiol, but monotherapy wise spironolactone is probably better than bica. Some guy in this thread said he tried both and found spironolactone to be superior than bica for his hair.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bica is probably better if you take estradiol, but monotherapy wise spironolactone is probably better than bica. Some guy in this thread said he tried both and found spironolactone to be superior than bica for his hair.

really hoping spironolactone can give me the boost to my hairline! How’s your recovery going from letro?

also I seen you have mentioned thinking about the use of estrogen, what’s your thoughts now?

I rub small dose of bio - estrogen to legs and body, of course hairline every night. Thinking of using the Estrogel 0.06% Estradiol

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
really hoping spironolactone can give me the boost to my hairline! How’s your recovery going from letro?

also I seen you have mentioned thinking about the use of estrogen, what’s your thoughts now?

I rub small dose of bio - estrogen to legs and body, of course hairline every night. Thinking of using the Estrogel 0.06% Estradiol

Im giving it until end of this year beginning of next as to whether i pull the trigger on estradiol, my recovery isn't going so well tbh. I just bought some castor oil and NAC hoping it might help a little. I don't have that much hope in it helping significantly but even a little improvement would help. I am extremely reluctant to start it though, it is an absolute massive last resort, one i hopefully won't need.

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would the imbalance between Estrone and Estradiol be solved by adding progesterone? Or am i stupid and that's unrelated

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@John Difool can you please elaborate on your spironolactone experience, you mentioned several pages back your experienced good results. What dosage did you use? Did you taper up? Onset time for visual results? Currently week two, first week 50mg daily split 25mg. This week 100mg daily 50mg split. I’m pissing a lot so I know it’s doing what it was designed to do.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
@John Difool can you please elaborate on your spironolactone experience, you mentioned several pages back your experienced good results. What dosage did you use? Did you taper up? Onset time for visual results? Currently week two, first week 50mg daily split 25mg. This week 100mg daily 50mg split. I’m pissing a lot so I know it’s doing what it was designed to do.

If you are scared about possible gyno don't go over 100mg, 100mg only has a 30% chance of gyno, with dutasteride that probably increases a bit however. 100mg is still a decent dosage, if you are not worried about minor gyno etc i would just take 200mg, but i have seen a thread on here where a guy was taking 200mg and developed none, you might get lucky.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are scared about possible gyno don't go over 100mg, 100mg only has a 30% chance of gyno, with dutasteride that probably increases a bit however. 100mg is still a decent dosage, if you are not worried about minor gyno etc i would just take 200mg, but i have seen a thread on here where a guy was taking 200mg and developed none, you might get lucky.

I seen jgray get very good results with no side effects, i guess everyone’s different. I believe @Father_of_Shiseido once took upto 400mg! That’s a heavy dose. I’m not sure 100mg will give any hair benefits, I think 200mg will be the dosage I taper up to.

btw, I take it before bed with oral minoxidil and my entire scalp gets a hot sensation (actually feels good) you experience this?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I seen jgray get very good results with no side effects, i guess everyone’s different. I believe @Father_of_Shiseido once took upto 400mg! That’s a heavy dose. I’m not sure 100mg will give any hair benefits, I think 200mg will be the dosage I taper up to.

btw, I take it before bed with oral minoxidil and my entire scalp gets a hot sensation (actually feels good) you experience this?

Never had that experience with it before, i take 100mg morning 100mg night along with oral min.

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At this point i just wonder if i'll ever grow anything other than titts. I'm losing 170+ hairs a day, and the top looks worse than when i started.
I'm really sad

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
At this point i just wonder if i'll ever grow anything other than titts. I'm losing 170+ hairs a day, and the top looks worse than when i started.
I'm really sad

Have you thought about adding oral minoxidil? ikarus who was a member here had a similar regimen to you, it was duta, 50mg bica and 2mg estradiol, he got great results from 5mg oral min.