Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
88C9FEDD-EB56-4CD4-B8E3-84336839BECE.jpeg

I ❤️ My hair. All thanks to bridgburn for suggesting the hormonal route as a treatment for hair loss, it was the only treatment that provided me with any improvement after 5 years batting baldness with 30% density left while on finasteride and minoxidil.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 145358
I ❤️ My hair. All thanks to bridgburn for suggesting the hormonal route as a treatment for hair loss, it was the only treatment that provided me with any improvement after 5 years batting baldness with 30% density left while on finasteride and minoxidil.

How long did it take you to recover? I started at less than 10% density. I'm probably around 20% now.

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doing a blood test soon, any wishes?
The lis so far:
- Thyroid function
- Liver function
- Hormone Levels

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Beside T & E2, E1 helps understand your ratio, Free T & Free E2 and SHBG to figure out what's left to use by follicles. DHT of course and LS & FHS if you are interested to lower T. E1S if you can to see what's your reserve. 3alpha-Androstanediol Glucuronide is my new way to snapshot DHT via adrenal pathway.

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Beside T & E2, E1 helps understand your ratio, Free T & Free E2 and SHBG to figure out what's left to use by follicles. DHT of course and LS & FHS if you are interested to lower T. E1S if you can to see what's your reserve. 3alpha-Androstanediol Glucuronide is my new way to snapshot DHT via adrenal pathway.
I already checked the 3a-Diol-G for the same reason to check if there is possibility for the alternative backdoor pathway ( I also checked 17-OHP for this reason as well) . 3a-Diol-G, came below the normal ranges. If anyone needs more information about blood tests , check my thread here : https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-hormones-kinda-messed-up-need-advice.128404/

I already did plenty, and I hope I can help you with some results of the blood tests. Thank you

Last edited:

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How are you able to order these tests,? Are you in the US?
Nope. I am just ordering them to the lab, but they can be quite pricey sometimes because they are private. If a doctor prescribed them to me, it would not have been so costly for sure, but it's pretty hard to get these tests prescribed by a doctor, that's why I am ordering them private. Thanks.

Last edited:

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m starting spironolactone this week. I will ease up to 200mg over the space of a month or two. I loose next to no hair at all each day, even after shower and rubbing my head (thanks to oral minoxidil)

For the guys on this forum that have experience with spirno, should I expect a shed due to the hormonal change?

ive also been using estrogen cream most nights with weekends off to see if this will help boost my hairline

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
What Estrogen cream? The OTC one from retailers like Amazon requires you to put the whole container each day to get decent levels. Go back 500 pages earlier to read about Estrogel . Due to relatively low half life stopping on weekends is a bad idea. It's not like DHT is taking a break Saturdays and Sundays.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bio Estrogel it’s a mix of 1mg estriol and .25 Estradiol per pump, I’ll use it see how it go.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So guys im new in this thread. Anybody here using hormonal treatments without feminizing or developing gyno and still have results?

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone tried dermal patches instead of pills? I have a sneaking suspicion that the spikes in hormone levels are making me sleepy. :confused:

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried patches. I wasn't happy with it because when my lab work came back I could see my E levels had tanked. I switched to subq injections and feel much better.