Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
what would be possible outcome of me using estrogen without nuking T?
Thanks a lot

Anyone telling you what will happen is just speculating. Everyone is different. The trick is to balance your dosage and in some cases counter their side effects with other drugs. There is no perfect answer to this. You need to decide what matters the most to you.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of your are taking estrogen (as I’m thinking about possibly to) but do any of Yous actually have Good regrowth? Very few people.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of your are taking estrogen (as I’m thinking about possibly to) but do any of Yous actually have Good regrowth? Very few people.
For me personally, when i was on dutasteride for a whole year, it gave me 75% stabilization / 25% regrowth (hairline and crown). Adding AAs and E, the ratio shifted towards regrowth significantly in a matter of 3 months ( and it's still going). It made it clear to me that i was also sensitive to Testosterone.

I don't think E alone is the primary driver of hair regrowth. E + AAs synergestically play along and permit the hair follicles to thrive in an E + low Androgen environment.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course, pre-monopause cis female ranges for DHT T and E2 will get you there but be ready to deal with sides.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
For me personally, when i was on dutasteride for a whole year, it gave me 75% stabilization / 25% regrowth (hairline and crown). Adding AAs and E, the ratio shifted towards regrowth significantly in a matter of 3 months ( and it's still going). It made it clear to me that i was also sensitive to Testosterone.

I don't think E alone is the primary driver of hair regrowth. E + AAs synergestically play along and permit the hair follicles to thrive in an E + low Androgen environment.

I disagree completely. The number of positive growth-regulators upregulated by E, and negative growth-regulators downregulated, is simply astounding.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok guys, I’m using avodart .5 mg daily (1.5years) and Loniten 15mg daily (3 months).

I need to be more aggressive, is Bicalutamide and topical E worth adding to my regime? I need results!

I was thinking 100mg bic, Estrogel, and novadex 10mg

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

If you take E alone the chances are you won’t get the regrow much. You need to combine E with an AA for decent results. If you do not wish to nuke your T then you are like me. I am on 100mg - 150mg of spironolactone. I alternate the amount because it prevents in T levels from getting to low. My T is at a level where I can get an erection And still ejaculate although it’s much smaller quantity of sperm. In terms of regrowth. I am definitely regrowing. But a lot slower then if you were to go on e + spironolactone for example. Be aware that gyno is an issue. I take letro when it starts playing up for about a week until it subsides.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok guys, I’m using avodart .5 mg daily (1.5years) and Loniten 15mg daily (3 months).

I need to be more aggressive, is Bicalutamide and topical E worth adding to my regime? I need results!

That's a big commitment, and not seeing it through will only make things worse. You better be sure you're prepared to handle the very serious sides before doing it. There are so many other things you can try first besides dutasteride and minoxidil.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Bicalutamide that too on 100 mg is not a joke. You will definitely see feminizing side effects. If you don't respond to 50 mg, then you will not respond to 100 mg either.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you take E alone the chances are you won’t get the regrow much. You need to combine E with an AA for decent results. If you do not wish to nuke your T then you are like me. I am on 100mg - 150mg of spironolactone. I alternate the amount because it prevents in T levels from getting to low. My T is at a level where I can get an erection And still ejaculate although it’s much smaller quantity of sperm. In terms of regrowth. I am definitely regrowing. But a lot slower then if you were to go on e + spironolactone for example. Be aware that gyno is an issue. I take letro when it starts playing up for about a week until it subsides.
Don't you see the feminizing face on spironolactone?

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a big commitment, and not seeing it through will only make things worse. You better be sure you're prepared to handle the very serious sides before doing it. There are so many other things you can try first besides dutasteride and minoxidil.

What would you suggest, RU?

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't you see the feminizing face on spironolactone?
I don’t think my face has changed at all really. I have recently shaved my beard. My face may have feminised, because an AA should feminise you, but not noticeable to me.
I’ve been on spironolactone since January 2019. I switched to bica briefly for a few months in jan 2020 but went back in spironolactone again.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t think my face has changed at all really. I have recently shaved my beard. My face may have feminised, because an AA should feminise you, but not noticeable to me.
I’ve been on spironolactone since January 2019. I switched to bica briefly for a few months in jan 2020 but went back in spironolactone again.

Any results? Stabilisation, density improvement? Overall experience?

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What about the others? Do they notice any changes to your face?

Jacob Williams

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone using bica or cypro instead of spironolactone should also be using eplerenone to block the mineralocorticoid receptor. Bica and cypro won't cover that, and that's probably why they don't seem to grow as much hair as spironolactone.
Can you elaborate? I’ve never even heard of eplerenone or the mineralcorticoid receptor before.

Jacob Williams

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also after a bit of research I’m very close to fully convinced that Vitamin D absorption/VDR play a major role in alopecia.