Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as too much estrogen? I am taking oral sublingual E and gel. I wonder if the body just flurshes the extra (and I am wasting money) or it triggers some bad in my system.

Blackweasel

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there a single success stories on dexamethasone?

I think Dexa just helps with Scalp aromatase and does magic behind the scenes. I think it is possibly synergic with other
Is there a single success stories on dexamethasone?
Dexamethasone is more of a supplement to strong AA to increase scalp Aromatase and boost hair growth, no?
I think it can supplement a regimen but cannot replace AA..

I am considering using it topically when dermarolling myself...still researching about it.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a lot of wrong info floating around about topical. For example spironolactone topical is useless since it needs to be converted into the digestive system to activate AA properties. Most powder won't even penetrate the scalp. If your scalp is a garden you are essentially watering it with hail

Blackweasel

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a lot of wrong info floating around about topical. For example spironolactone topical is useless since it needs to be converted into the digestive system to activate AA properties. Most powder won't even penetrate the scalp. If your scalp is a garden you are essentially watering it with hail
I think things can go more systematic when you apply after dermarolling though?
This is how ill probably try and use Dex.

Jacob Williams

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
96790DC3-7F0D-423E-8F0D-7B2B58679911.jpeg 612D54B2-5F76-4812-82DC-DFE40CA00DFF.jpeg AD952EA4-8091-4A34-A957-88AADCAE5D8B.jpeg 79DE3360-7C33-4EE3-8B08-5A20A3D8E86B.jpeg F389D422-6995-44B5-9BCC-7F3796C4B7F1.jpeg 06CE644C-08C6-43D9-B83B-97E0FA5DFCE3.jpeg 0634F175-F00A-4B92-B220-D5E602E51D87.jpeg Got a buzz cut to see where I was at. Unfortunately there’s some very clear thinning occurring on the crown and the temples. I don’t think anything can make it grow back excluding estrogen, but I have some semblance of hope that oral minoxidil will at least thicken it up a bit once the shed stops.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think things can go more systematic when you apply after dermarolling though?
This is how ill probably try and use Dex.
Yes, Dex can be used topically. However, long term usage of corticosteroids lead to skin atrophy, so be cautious. I'm planning to start it orally at a dose 0.5 mg (increased to 1 mg if tolerated). Applying topicals is such a pain for me at least.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 138706 View attachment 138707 View attachment 138708 View attachment 138709 View attachment 138710 View attachment 138711 View attachment 138712 Got a buzz cut to see where I was at. Unfortunately there’s some very clear thinning occurring on the crown and the temples. I don’t think anything can make it grow back excluding estrogen, but I have some semblance of hope that oral minoxidil will at least thicken it up a bit once the shed stops.
If you start Estrogen, you can't back out of it later hoping to maintain with dutasteride/minoxidil or even AAs. You really should do alot more research about hormones before taking such drastic measures.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why can't he regain on E and maintain on AA? If the follicle is back and you supress dht it seems that resurected hair should stay, right?

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why can't he regain on E and maintain on AA? If the follicle is back and you supress dht it seems that resurected hair should stay, right?
Because men E levels are not high enough naturally. When you take E pills, your levels will increase to women's E levels, thus maintaining a healthy required E levels for hair follicles.

If you stop E, your levels will fall back to pre-E and the environement which your follicles adapted to grow from will change drastically. Thus, you'll face the biggest shed of your life and you may even lose AAs acquired follicles because of sudden change in homonal levels. Hormones are one thing you DON'T screw around with, for your endocrine health and for your follicles.

Suppressing DHT is not the answer, if it was, 5ARIs would've been the cure a long time ago. In fact, a study was conducted showing balding adults, when casteated, their hairloss stopped dead, but it did minimally regrow at best. It's only when they injected the castrated adults with E, that their hair recovery was insane. I bet if they extended the study to show whether stopping E would have a negative effect on hair, it would very much.

Last edited:

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 138706 View attachment 138707 View attachment 138708 View attachment 138709 View attachment 138710 View attachment 138711 View attachment 138712 Got a buzz cut to see where I was at. Unfortunately there’s some very clear thinning occurring on the crown and the temples. I don’t think anything can make it grow back excluding estrogen, but I have some semblance of hope that oral minoxidil will at least thicken it up a bit once the shed stops.

Want to join our discord server?

Blackweasel

My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys think spironolactone, Cypro or even E can make my solid beard patchy? Hard to look like feminine with a Gorilla beard like this!

Comparing pics im defo getting vellous regrowth on my NW0 hairline. This is with dermarolling 0.5mm and 3 months on 5ar blockers + 4 months topical Minoxidl and supplements. Im about a week away from recieving spironolactone and will taper up on that in the hopes of more serious regrowth soon! Then go from there

Attachments

• D9CB66C6-DE68-4124-8FFB-A37D90B60CEB.jpeg
    D9CB66C6-DE68-4124-8FFB-A37D90B60CEB.jpeg
    132.3 KB · Views: 216
  • 35103971-8D55-4EE8-B322-432C566CE2D1.jpeg
    35103971-8D55-4EE8-B322-432C566CE2D1.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 224

Mr. Grey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You dick will be died (and your hair without working dick will not attractive for women’s)

Blackweasel

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used spironolactone, from 50 mg per gay my libido was zero
Thanks for advice! :)
Im a horny motherf&$@‘&!
I will try and see what happens. I have no other options... either this or an eventual Norwood 6 and I dont think I can live on this earth with a shiny bald head. Its like a genuine disability for me and destroyed my self image which I previously really liked. One more time: Fu$& you Alopecia.

Mr. Grey

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Use 100 mg, for me 50 mg didn’t gave any results. Only with 100 mg i have got new velius hair. But then my dick was died

Blackweasel

My Regimen
Reaction score
Use 100 mg, for me 50 mg didn’t gave any results. Only with 100 mg i have got new velius hair. But then my dick was died

Thanks Mr.Grey
I am planning to go upto 100 or 200mg but will do 7 days of 25mg then 7 days of 50mg then 100mg untill I see improvements. I will not be stopping regardless of side effects.
Every 5 weeks im planning to do a week of small dose E and progesterone to mimic female menstrual cycle Estrogen increase. Im still considering this and other things.

My only problem is gyno and I may combine gyno meds for that and if fail get surgery.