Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Weird question, is it "normal" for gyno to occur on the less prominent side sooner?

KobayashiYuuta

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is normal, but maybe you should switch our Spironolactone for another anti-androgen?
i asked my dr. for cpa and bica but he refused. he said my current regimen is crazy and the limit lol. i can't get these from online overseas pharmacy in my country either due to the strict laws, or would be confiscated by the custom. spironolactone is the only one i can get. so sad:(.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
i asked my dr. for cpa and bica but he refused. he said my current regimen is crazy and the limit lol. i can't get these from online overseas pharmacy in my country either due to the strict laws, or would be confiscated by the custom. spironolactone is the only one i can get. so sad:(.

That sucks, where are you from if i may ask?

finastride23

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi
I am taking avodart for about 2 months and now my hair feel much thinner and my hair line receed,is it the sign of avodart is going to work?
what should I do plz help me

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi
I am taking avodart for about 2 months and now my hair feel much thinner and my hair line receed,is it the sign of avodart is going to work?
what should I do plz help me

You need to give it a year before you will know the direction your hair is going,some people say dutasteride destroys hairlines for some reason but i haven't noticed any difference. Just stick with it for now.

finastride23

My Regimen
Reaction score
You need to give it a year before you will know the direction your hair is going,some people say dutasteride destroys hairlines for some reason but i haven't noticed any difference. Just stick with it for now.
do you take avodart?if yes when did u see the result?did it at firs make your hair thinner?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
do you take avodart?if yes when did u see the result?did it at firs make your hair thinner?

I have been taking it for just over a year, no real changes to my hair line, my crown is what im trying to recover and that isn't really doing all that good either. Have you thought about using minoxidil? either low dose oral or topical with dermarolling?

finastride23

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been taking it for just over a year, no real changes to my hair line, my crown is what im trying to recover and that isn't really doing all that good either. Have you thought about using minoxidil? either low dose oral or topical with dermarolling?
I apllied minoxidil but in my country it isn’t exist any more and just drugstores made it I donot know if they works

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anybody experience that the lower jaw is melting away while on anti-androgen? What can be done to fix the problem.

Last edited:

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
nothing. One of the biggest signs of someone using steroids is their enlarged jaw and mandibles. Antiandrogens have the opposite effect, rounding up the entire body and face. Feminization.
I have stopped taking spironolactone for the last three month. Wondering how long it will take for my face to get to the normal.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps never. Androgen receptors are taking a hit. Check out Mike Thurston and how his face has changed after starting finasteride. The dude is on steroids year round (not the highly androgenic ones or highly estrogenic ones) but his jawline and angles have diminished. And now he has that stupid hairline that’s full of topik, he was a lot better before.
I don't believe in that. Finasteride has no effect on face. Many trans successfully transition. I didn't take any estradiol.

Last edited:

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Believing it or not doesn’t change the fact it is a fact. Finasteride has a gigantic effect on one’s face. Antiandrogens and especially feminization protocols. This very thread shows how OP was and how OP is how as an example. Antiandrogens will round you up, they will also disrupt an enzyme in the liver responsible for fat burning which will cause you to progressively add adipose tissue that is next to impossible to get rid of later. Such tissue is in the breast area (no, your estradiol can be 20 and still have it because we are attacking androgens here so their depletion/reduction determines much) where you will get what’s called lipomastia and then develop glands, milk ducts etc.
OP was taking a high dose of estradiol. I remember one poster saying minoxidil gave him ED and gynocosmetia. Absolutely, that's not a fact.

RuTom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can I build muscle if I take bicalutamide?
Or is it impossible? After all, the androgen receptors are blocked.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can I build muscle if I take bicalutamide?
Or is it impossible? After all, the androgen receptors are blocked.

Very difficult and you’d be limited to your potential. If would be like taking the opposite of a steroid.

RuTom

My Regimen
Reaction score
No you can’t. There is no potential like the moron says underneath you. And once your free T also diminishes then you’re in a world of pain.
Very strange, but I notice that my muscles are getting harder. My testosterone levels are high enough.

RuTom

My Regimen
Reaction score
No you can’t. There is no potential like the moron says underneath you. And once your free T also diminishes then you’re in a world of pain.
I think that the androgen receptors in the muscles are partially blocked.
I'll continue training and see what happens

* I take 50 mg Bicalutamide (per day)
0.5 mg Avodart (every second day)
2 mg Estradiol ( per day)

Last edited:

RuTom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Take a blood test and include T, free T, SHBG, DHT (in blood), e2 and prolactin. Then you should have an idea where you’re at. But judging by what you use, I can assure you that you’re not gonna grow muscle. Taking antiandrogens has this effect where T may spike for a while but then it will plummet as the drug works on blocking testosterone as well.

I did a blood test include T and E2 a 3 weeks ago.
E2 154 pmol /L ( Reference values = 40-161 )
Testosterone 23.2 nmol /L ( Reference values = 8.9 -42.0 )

RuTom

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been taking bicalutamide and Estradiol for more than 2 months, also I have been taking Avodart for 1.5 years

Ephemeral-Kitten

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"It is assumed that this is a tissue sensitivity phenomenon and T could essentially exert the same qualitative effects as DHT, at least in processes mediated by the AR, if present in sufficient high concentrations [19]. However, at these doses the aromatization pathway [20] may increase the normal amounts of estrogens, which may act as a synergist [20-24] or antagonist [25 27] to androgens according to the target tissue or cells."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3286233/
DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/0960-0760(93)90002-e

I believe this is why finasteride/dutasteride often don't work well in the frontotemporal region, particularly in restoring a female/juvenile/nw0 hairline and particularly in advanced cases where the paracrine environment has already deteriorated into one which is hostile to new hair growth. finasteride/dutasteride raise T levels and in aromatase-deficient scalp tissue the excess T can act as a sufficiently strong androgen to cause hair loss. You need aromatase in order to facilitate the aromatase pathway and thus mitigate T's androgenic impact in situ.