Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You know spironolactone can increase testosterone in some people.. I believe this happened to me as when I was on spironolactone my hair shed worse than a minoxidil shed the whole time I was on it. I would try Cyproterone instead, at least you know for sure its going to block/lower testosterone

How the f*** is that possible? your telling me I could be making this worse? holy sh*t.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No I'm not. I used it for a year 4 or 5 years ago, I think it helped a little but it gave me the dreaded bloated face dark circles under my eyes. Im also convinced it gave me early wrinkles on my forehead because I used to use the liquid and it would always drip down my face.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
by the way I haven't noticed my skin getting more oily or any thing. My random erections have been reduced to pretty much zero, morning wood has reduced and I dont seem to be as horny as I used to be. so that would all be signs that the spironolactone is reducing not increasing testosterone. I f*****g hope so anyway. Is there any other signs?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
No I'm not. I used it for a year 4 or 5 years ago, I think it helped a little but it gave me the dreaded bloated face dark circles under my eyes. Im also convinced it gave me early wrinkles on my forehead because I used to use the liquid and it would always drip down my face.
I believe it is synergistic. some people regrow hair without it but it will take longer, and I think for maximum results it should be used. you could try oral version if the dripping is a problem. maybe with E there will be less skin issues

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
by the way I haven't noticed my skin getting more oily or any thing. My random erections have been reduced to pretty much zero, morning wood has reduced and I dont seem to be as horny as I used to be. so that would all be signs that the spironolactone is reducing not increasing testosterone. I f*****g hope so anyway. Is there any other signs?
well its possible to have increased T and overall less androgenic from the receptors being blocked. but increased T is still dangerous imo unless 100 percent receptors are blocked because 5ar is seriously made by our hair follicles

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe it is synergistic. some people regrow hair without it but it will take longer, and I think for maximum results it should be used. you could try oral version if the dripping is a problem. maybe with E there will be less skin issues

Thanks for the sugesstion I will definitely think about it. I actually have some minoxidil that I bought six months ago but never used. I'll have to think about it. I hope your right about the skin issues. So you think maybe If I use minoxidil for a few months and then drop it because of the spironolactone/estriol I wont lose the hair I got from minoxidil? Thats the only way I would consider it if I dot have to take it permanently.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well its possible to have increased T and overall less androgenic from the receptors being blocked. but increased T is still dangerous imo unless 100 percent receptors are blocked because 5ar is seriously made by our hair follicles

So your saying I could be getting the worst of both. Reduced effects of testosterone and worse hair loss. jesus christ.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll have to think about it. I hope your right about the skin issues.
minoxidil reduces collagen but estrogen increases it. I can only speak for myself but I haven't gotten those sides from minoxidil even when I took 10mg a day.
Most mtfs who regrow hair include minoxidil in thier regimen, many men use minoxidil too but don't usually respond miraculously like they do. Some have regrown lots of hair with Hrt alone but after it seems to max out regrew a little more after adding minoxidil.

In my opinion, estradiol plugs the radio back in and minoxidil turns up the volume switch. while anti-androgens keep androgens away from the radio.

So you think maybe If I use minoxidil for a few months and then drop it because of the spironolactone/estriol I wont lose the hair I got from minoxidil? T
It's risky, but there's only one way to find out.. Don't stop it all at once though, taper down.
I took 10mg minoxidil a day for a long while, it made me get too much hair on my back and arms, etc. I reduced it to 10mg once every other day and it hasn't hurt my scalp hair and now I have alot less hypertrichosis than when i took everyday.
but not sure if you could do the same because I'm on a full Hrt.

So your saying I could be getting the worst of both. Reduced effects of testosterone and worse hair loss. jesus christ.
It is a very localized problem. breasts have high aromatase and scalp has high 5ar. That's why there's guys with man boobs and baldness

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a lot of vellus hair, all over my temples, including the middle where i had lost more than ten years ago, the problem is i lost density in all other areas. What i am saying is that the vellus came after two months or maybe three, you have to wait more.

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have one question: i still have those vellus hairs on my temples even after stopping the hrt therapy more than 40 days. Is it time enough for them to disappear ou i should attribute their existence on another cause, like dutasteride?

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil reduces collagen but estrogen increases it. I can only speak for myself but I haven't gotten those sides from minoxidil even when I took 10mg a day.
Most mtfs who regrow hair include minoxidil in thier regimen, many men use minoxidil too but don't usually respond miraculously like they do. Some have regrown lots of hair with Hrt alone but after it seems to max out regrew a little more after adding minoxidil.

In my opinion, estradiol plugs the radio back in and minoxidil turns up the volume switch. while anti-androgens keep androgens away from the radio.

It's risky, but there's only one way to find out.. Don't stop it all at once though, taper down.
I took 10mg minoxidil a day for a long while, it made me get too much hair on my back and arms, etc. I reduced it to 10mg once every other day and it hasn't hurt my scalp hair and now I have alot less hypertrichosis than when i took everyday.
but not sure if you could do the same because I'm on a full Hrt.

It is a very localized problem. breasts have high aromatase and scalp has high 5ar. That's why there's guys with man boobs and baldness

My drugs finally came in. Do you think dutas fina and 200 mg oral spironolactone a day will increase my test ? I thought spironolactone converted test ?

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why both?

Because I’ve been on fina for about 3 months where as I just started dutas. I might taper off fina eventually or play with alternating doses but for now I’m not trying to drop any treatments before I know whether or not they’re working.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
How the f*** is that possible? your telling me I could be making this worse? holy sh*t.
Its a possibility. I would give it at least 6 months though, that's how long I was on it for before I threw in the towel.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a lot of vellus hair, all over my temples, including the middle where i had lost more than ten years ago, the problem is i lost density in all other areas. What i am saying is that the vellus came after two months or maybe three, you have to wait more.
I think you said you quit because of gyno, did you try ralaxafene to combat it?
Not sure i spelled that right

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have one question: i still have those vellus hairs on my temples even after stopping the hrt therapy more than 40 days. Is it time enough for them to disappear ou i should attribute their existence on another cause, like dutasteride?
Idk but hair is cyclic. i can say when it comes to my chest hair for example, it all fell out and then new thinner, shorter hairs replaced the fallen hair and then they grew and chest became more hairy until those gradually shed and months later are replaced with shorter hairs. so on getting a little thinner with each cycle. but maybe dutasteride will maintain your fuzz.