Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

McThin

My Regimen
Reaction score
And I have girl friends who get drunk off their faces every weekend, do drugs, don’t exercise, starve themselves or binge on crap. These girls have absolute manes. Boils my blood.
Haha i feel it, meanwhile i have to eat super healthy exercise 4-5 times a week and still have thin hair. Life isn’t fair. But at least we live in a age where there could be a cure soon..hopefully

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
absolutely that is the cruel injustice of this world. I hate when I see homeless people, drug addicts, and fat people with full heads of hair. and god I f*****g hate if I see evil people or dumb people with great hair!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I guess it helps to remember that hair on a dead body doesn't grow. So, people who make unhealthy choices and shorten their life expectancy are also shortening their time to have hair. :)

McThin

My Regimen
Reaction score
absolutely that is the cruel injustice of this world. I hate when I see homeless people, drug addicts, and fat people with full heads of hair. and god I f*****g hate if I see evil people or dumb people with great hair!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I guess it helps to remember that hair on a dead body doesn't grow. So, people who make unhealthy choices and shorten their life expectancy are also shortening their time to have hair. :)
Were you able to maintain those results and did you have to continue to take your treatment if so? I just got my blood test results and i have extremely low T so im not sure if that is my cause. Finding out whats truly causing it has been frustrating too.

Last edited:

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Were you able to maintain those results and did you have to continue to take your treatment if so? I just got my blood test results and i have extremely low T so im not sure if that is my cause. Finding out whats truly causing it has been frustrating too.
I'm still on my crazy treatment. results are getting better, I will update with new pics soon. what about your Dht levels?

McThin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm still on my crazy treatment. results are getting better, I will update with new pics soon. what about your Dht levels?
Havnt got my dht levels tested yet. My hair loss was sudden and rapid and only happened on top of my head. Just recently got my testosterone tested and i was well below the average on that. Im getting hormones and dht tested soon ive been all out of whack lately i lost a good percentage of my hair in 3 months. My hair line is still very thick but my pattern is very thin in certain areas on my head its weird and sucks haha

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Havnt got my dht levels tested yet. My hair loss was sudden and rapid and only happened on top of my head. Just recently got my testosterone tested and i was well below the average on that. Im getting hormones and dht tested soon ive been all out of whack lately i lost a good percentage of my hair in 3 months. My hair line is still very thick but my pattern is very thin in certain areas on my head its weird and sucks haha
Sounds like you have Telogen Effluvium my friend. Did you cease some sort of medication prior to the shed? Any medical procedures? Life stress? Also have you had your iron and thyroid checked?

McThin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds like you have Telogen Effluvium my friend. Did you cease some sort of medication prior to the shed? Any medical procedures? Life stress? Also have you had your iron and thyroid checked?
I thought i had Telogen Effluvium too but its been taking forever to come back im at month 4 and the shed is still pretty bad, my iron levels were horrible i ate like sh*t for basically my entire life, I always was exercising tho so i was always in pretty good shape. My job and school caused horrible stress for me and i was a heavy drinker and smoked a ton of weed. Ive been off alcohol for about 3 months now. But weed has been hard for me to quit but ive cut down majorly.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought i had Telogen Effluvium too but its been taking forever to come back im at month 4 and the shed is still pretty bad, my iron levels were horrible i ate like sh*t for basically my entire life, I always was exercising tho so i was always in pretty good shape. My job and school caused horrible stress for me and i was a heavy drinker and smoked a ton of weed. Ive been off alcohol for about 3 months now. But weed has been hard for me to quit but ive cut down majorly.
Hairloss can be so complicated and pinpointing a cause is sometimes like finding the needle in a haystack. I know it took me almost a year and a half of people telling me “you’re just stressed” to find out that it was all hormonal and I actually had Androgenetic Alopecia. My advice is eliminate every possible external factor - stress, poor eating and lifestyle habits, drinking and weed, take a decent iron supplement with vitamin c. Then get your bloods done - sex hormones, thyroid, cortisol, prolactin, zinc, B12, liver function. You need to explore every possible cause. If you have hormonal imbalance, you may need to take a supplement. If you have more serious hormonal issues, you may need HRT. If your ferritin levels are really low, you may need to get an iron infusion. Otherwise, make changes - start eating better, drink plenty of water and take a multi vitamin. I can tell you from my experience that often just having “sort of” low iron generally means nothing. Don’t buy into “it’s just stress”. If you have prolonged Telogen Effluvium then something weird is going on. If you find that you have tried to change whatever you can in order to stop your hairloss and nothing helps, see a derm and get a scalp biopsy. Make sure it’s Androgenetic Alopecia, then start on minoxidil and a DHT blocker. Don’t just jump headlong into all of these hairloss antiandogen treatments unless you are sure. I wish you all the best.

McThin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairloss can be so complicated and pinpointing a cause is sometimes like finding the needle in a haystack. I know it took me almost a year and a half of people telling me “you’re just stressed” to find out that it was all hormonal and I actually had Androgenetic Alopecia. My advice is eliminate every possible external factor - stress, poor eating and lifestyle habits, drinking and weed, take a decent iron supplement with vitamin c. Then get your bloods done - sex hormones, thyroid, cortisol, prolactin, zinc, B12, liver function. You need to explore every possible cause. If you have hormonal imbalance, you may need to take a supplement. If you have more serious hormonal issues, you may need HRT. If your ferritin levels are really low, you may need to get an iron infusion. Otherwise, make changes - start eating better, drink plenty of water and take a multi vitamin. I can tell you from my experience that often just having “sort of” low iron generally means nothing. Don’t buy into “it’s just stress”. If you have prolonged Telogen Effluvium then something weird is going on. If you find that you have tried to change whatever you can in order to stop your hairloss and nothing helps, see a derm and get a scalp biopsy. Make sure it’s Androgenetic Alopecia, then start on minoxidil and a DHT blocker. Don’t just jump headlong into all of these hairloss antiandogen treatments unless you are sure. I wish you all the best.
Thanks I appreciate it

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Huge respect to you for doing this and sharing it.

Im currently making my own finasteride and spironolactone gel. I use medical grade cream. It can dissolve most organic compounds and is a topical drug delivery system. Most commonly its used for making topical esto or test. Its always inspiring to see results like this. Good luck

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really hope you just have telogen effluvium. but about 95% of hairloss cases are AndrogeneticAlopecia. and its possible to have both. your T is low so its possible that your Estrogen is low too because E is made from T. It's also possible that its low due to alot of it being converted to DHT. only way to find out though is with more bloodtests, and check for all those things that Georgie mentioned. Keep in mind the time of the day that you get blood drawn too, usually Testosterone is at its highest peak in the morning and gradually goes down throughout the day. It's why men often get morning wood.

Choi Han Kyul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
90 minues ago I took Niacin 500 mg.
Waited for 40 minutes amd nothing happened. (Its instant release so ahould start flushing). Then I took estradiol, duta, 5mg oral min and now I am flushing; prickly heat sensation all over the body starting from ear to cheeks. Niacin was supposed to work within 30 min. Is it because of Loniten?
And is it safe to take all the pills in one go.
Now that I am 10 min into the flush, my shoulder is burning.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
90 minues ago I took Niacin 500 mg.
Waited for 40 minutes amd nothing happened. (Its instant release so ahould start flushing). Then I took estradiol, duta, 5mg oral min and now I am flushing; prickly heat sensation all over the body starting from ear to cheeks. Niacin was supposed to work within 30 min. Is it because of Loniten?
And is it safe to take all the pills in one go.
Now that I am 10 min into the flush, my shoulder is burning.
It could have been the niacin just finally kicked in. 30 mins is not going to be the exact amount of time for everyone, there's variations with individuals. or maybe you had a hot flash? lol
I don't know man, I mean I've been taking this stuff for awhile and I'm still alive. just start at a low dose and gradually increase it would be the safest thing to do. give it some time to see if you can handle it. drugs.com does make oral minoxidil sound a bit hardcore though.. https://www.drugs.com/mtm/loniten.html

Choi Han Kyul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hot flash :)
The burning has subsided now.

To be frank bridgey, I seriously do no want to stay on these meds forever. All I want is to get a regrowth on em. Once that happens (expecting first signal of that in max 2 months) I will slowly wean off as many medicines as possible and then maintain from there.

Something which scares me though is this:
http://www.hairloss-research.org/UpdateRogaineShed9-09.html

Right now I am on 5mg loniten.
I would let it stay that way. The trouble is that my healthy hairs are falling and ny density has reduced.

McThin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really hope you just have telogen effluvium. but about 95% of hairloss cases are AndrogeneticAlopecia. and its possible to have both. your T is low so its possible that your Estrogen is low too because E is made from T. It's also possible that its low due to alot of it being converted to DHT. only way to find out though is with more bloodtests, and check for all those things that Georgie mentioned. Keep in mind the time of the day that you get blood drawn too, usually Testosterone is at its highest peak in the morning and gradually goes down throughout the day. It's why men often get morning wood.
Yeah im getting my tests this morning. My bio available testosterone was a 41 when the reference range is 83-257 and reg testosterone is 201 reference range 240-950 it sucks maybe taking a hormone supplement on whatever im low on will help. We will see

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah im getting my tests this morning. My bio available testosterone was a 41 when the reference range is 83-257 and reg testosterone is 201 reference range 240-950 it sucks maybe taking a hormone supplement on whatever im low on will help. We will see
How old are you? Are you on a vegan diet or something else?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hot flash :)
The burning has subsided now.

To be frank bridgey, I seriously do no want to stay on these meds forever. All I want is to get a regrowth on em. Once that happens (expecting first signal of that in max 2 months) I will slowly wean off as many medicines as possible and then maintain from there.

Something which scares me though is this:
http://www.hairloss-research.org/UpdateRogaineShed9-09.html

Right now I am on 5mg loniten.
I would let it stay that way. The trouble is that my healthy hairs are falling and ny density has reduced.
maybe you could try to maintain with a topical anti-androgen someday.
a shed is expected with minoxidil at first, and if you start taking it you might not be able to stop taking it! o_O

Choi Han Kyul

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
maybe you could try to maintain with a topical anti-androgen someday.
a shed is expected with minoxidil at first, and if you start taking it you might not be able to stop taking it! o_O
Right. Once the land becomes fertile I will look for topical manures and fertilizers. Weed em out. :)