Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ngl after reading some old posts of Elizabeth, it feels like someone threw her out of the (HairLossTalk.com) window ,_,

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So it is impossible to reverse thinning with HRT and maintain with minoxidil and duta??
Yes. If it were possible, we would just take Duth to stop the progression, but that doesn't stop miniaturization. At the moment we have a resumption of growth (HRT) remedy, but no means to stop or support. In theory, it could be some of the antiandrogens. At the beginning of this year, I assumed it was Bicalutamide, but I was wrong: it does not stop progress. Even if such AA exists, we will not find a moment when it will sell at a reasonable price. And in the case of aggressive baldness, I believe receptor blocking alone is not enough.
1632036526490.png

Gynobro237

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. If it were possible, we would just take Duth to stop the progression, but that doesn't stop miniaturization. At the moment we have a resumption of growth (HRT) remedy, but no means to stop or support. In theory, it could be some of the antiandrogens. At the beginning of this year, I assumed it was Bicalutamide, but I was wrong: it does not stop progress. Even if such AA exists, we will not find a moment when it will sell at a reasonable price. And in the case of aggressive baldness, I believe receptor blocking alone is not enough.
Seen your regimen, when is the best time to start estrogen injections? Been on sublingual estrogen pills for a few months. I read somewhere that high levels of estrogen makes hair grow faster. I am too young to go bald and it is intensely f*****g me up. Should I start taking 5,000 iu of Vitamin d3 with iron supplements (325mg ferrous sulphate)? Current regimen isn't doing enough. At this rate I will start taking tofacitinib from beacon before I inevitably turn my brains into a mushy meat paste.

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. If it were possible, we would just take Duth to stop the progression, but that doesn't stop miniaturization. At the moment we have a resumption of growth (HRT) remedy, but no means to stop or support. In theory, it could be some of the antiandrogens. At the beginning of this year, I assumed it was Bicalutamide, but I was wrong: it does not stop progress. Even if such AA exists, we will not find a moment when it will sell at a reasonable price. And in the case of aggressive baldness, I believe receptor blocking alone is not enough.View attachment 169801
So is it possible to go on HRT restore hair and then stop for lets say a year only taking 5 ar inhibitors and minoxidil and lets say hair after a year start to get thin you go again on HRT until reversal and then again stop??and do tha same all over again?

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seen your regimen, when is the best time to start estrogen injections? Been on sublingual estrogen pills for a few months. I read somewhere that high levels of estrogen makes hair grow faster. I am too young to go bald and it is intensely f*****g me up. Should I start taking 5,000 iu of Vitamin d3 with iron supplements (325mg ferrous sulphate)? Current regimen isn't doing enough. At this rate I will start taking tofacitinib from beacon before I inevitably turn my brains into a mushy meat paste.
I started right away with injections - this is the best option in terms of efficiency and convenience. However, it doesn't matter how you do it - the main thing is that your levels are suitable.
Only estradiol and a decrease in T are relevant. Forget vitamins

So is it possible to go on HRT restore hair and then stop for lets say a year only taking 5 ar inhibitors and minoxidil and lets say hair after a year start to get thin you go again on HRT until reversal and then again stop??and do tha same all over again?
I do not recommend Minoxidil. Yes, in theory it is possible. But it also depends on what kind of hair quality you are happy with. Noah has been without HRT for over a year and has not returned to baseline.
My goal is Norwood 0 with high quality hair. It is more difficult and you will last less time without estrogen. I'm the only one who will try it and we will find out how real it is. If I reach the ideal on HRT, then I will try 6 months without E and 6 months on HRT. If you do not wear a voluminous hairstyle and the quality of your hair does not bother you so much, then it will be easier for you: you can try 9 months of HRT and 1 year without E - these are approximate figures, this needs to be checked in practice.

These swings are not suitable for everyone. Some begin to regress after only a couple of months.
For the effect to last longer, you need to restore the hair to an increase in thickness and quality. Androgenetic Alopecia does not immediately cause receding hairline: at first, your hair will simply thin out. But if you finish HRT at the moment when the hair is still miniaturized, then yes, you will immediately start to recede and get Norwood.
In the first 2 years of baldness, I had 0 Norwood, but my hair was getting thinner. Only this year did I start to retreat. This also suggests that if you restore hair to quality Norwood 0, you can do without E for a while and not have bald patches, although of course, after about 3-6 months the hair will deteriorate in quality, but this is not critical and it didn't stop me from having volume - I just had to use more styling on my hair

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're right in the cases where E2 is not involved there can perfectly be other mechanisms to increase PRL especially systemically. However I am still inclined to think the same doesn't happen locally regardless. I still need to read more on the subject.

LOOOOL. When I went to consult to get a diagnostic about my hair I legit was expecting to get told that I have psychological issues or body dysmorphoc disorder which are causing me to believe that I have hairloss.

I died inside when she confirmed me that I have male pattern baldness. I admit I also felt suicidal for so long but thanks to the great advice I received from some users here ( mostly pegasus, experimentality and chemhead) I have been able to change the situation and currently my hairloss is under total control, even regrowing, and have nice hair that gets me compliments...
I too was devastated when I found out what was going on. What's your regime?

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started right away with injections - this is the best option in terms of efficiency and convenience. However, it doesn't matter how you do it - the main thing is that your levels are suitable.
Only estradiol and a decrease in T are relevant. Forget vitamins
Wow, injections even. I'm always surprised when non trans people are willing to risk feminization with hrt for their hair. But hey, more power to you for doing what you feel necessary.

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, injections even. I'm always surprised when non trans people are willing to risk feminization with hrt for their hair. But hey, more power to you for doing what you feel necessary.
Yes, hair does mean a lot. But without surgery, cosmetics and filters in the photo, feminization is not so strong, you can continue to look like a guy, but more androgynous. I do not see this as a problem

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, hair does mean a lot. But without surgery, cosmetics and filters in the photo, feminization is not so strong, you can continue to look like a guy, but more androgynous. I do not see this as a problem
Think that depends on the person and how masculine your starting point is I suppose. I was routinely getting gendered female around the year and a half mark by strangers before I actually started presenting remotely feminine. I guess it ultimately comes down to how andro/feminine looking as a guy vs how much you want to retain your masculinity is ok for you.

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do not recommend Minoxidil. Yes, in theory it is possible. But it also depends on what kind of hair quality you are happy with. Noah has been without HRT for over a year and has not returned to baseline.
My goal is Norwood 0 with high quality hair. It is more difficult and you will last less time without estrogen. I'm the only one who will try it and we will find out how real it is. If I reach the ideal on HRT, then I will try 6 months without E and 6 months on HRT. If you do not wear a voluminous hairstyle and the quality of your hair does not bother you so much, then it will be easier for you: you can try 9 months of HRT and 1 year without E - these are approximate figures, this needs to be checked in practice.
I don't care to have the perfect hairline and the best hair quality i just want to look with full head of hair without thinning that is it!! So nw2 is not a problem to me!

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't care to have the perfect hairline and the best hair quality i just want to look with full head of hair without thinning that is it!! So nw2 is not a problem to me!
In that case, Noah can serve as an example for you: he has been without HRT for over a year, and he still does not have Norwood 2.

Gynobro237

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is everything I have tried to date:
-Dutasteride
=Estradiol
-Spironolactone
=Cyproterone Acetate
-Finasteride
=Bicalutamide
-Minoxidil oral/topical
=Steroid creams

I am losing it. The only thing aggressive hair loss treatment is give me gyno. I will castrate myself if nothing else works.

Almas_NW0

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is everything I have tried to date:
-Dutasteride
=Estradiol
-Spironolactone
=Cyproterone Acetate
-Finasteride
=Bicalutamide
-Minoxidil oral/topical
=Steroid creams

I am losing it. The only thing aggressive hair loss treatment is give me gyno. I will castrate myself if nothing else works.
It doesn't matter if you had bad levels. Have you been tested for T and E? Your minimum E should not be below 200 pg / ml, and your T should be within the female range. My T was 35ng / dl, and this is far from the lowest value that can be
It makes no sense to castrate yourself, because T can be reduced to castration values with the help of estradiol.

ReturnOfExtreme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I assume that most here who use HRT aren’t transgender, like that other old member who used to be here… nw0wolf I think?