Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Louisa

My Regimen
Reaction score
CPA is so strong I only use 3 x week 12.5mg and that's enough to lower my libido and semen by 80%

At 4 x week 12.5 mg my libido and semen is reduced 100%.

In a 4 month cycle I only use it for the first month. This current cycle I extended it a second month, but dropping dosage to 2 x week at 12.5mg - the result: libido and semen still reduced 100%, no production. The conclusion is let it build up first month, then cruise at lower dosage second month.

What I hate about CPA is it disturbs my regular sleeping pattern. My alarm is set for 5:30am, but on CPA I wake at 1,2,3am and it's hard to fall asleep after. Other sides, I get a small lump only under my left nipple, hardly noticeable unless you point it out. Shrinks by 2/3 in one month after getting off CPA. Semen and libido go back to normal after 3 weeks staying off it.

Those that are taking 50mg CPA daily you should try the above first. My theory is if it cuts off semen production then that's good enough for hair loss or attempted regrowth. And I'm 6'3 190lbs, so if you're smaller bodied you may even need less. However, I can't claim to have grown a Antydhtor hairline - maybe if I stayed on it for several months? Don't know if I can handle the bad sleeping for that long.

You haven't maximised your hair growth potential until you add CPA, the toughest AA available in my opinion.

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Houve alguma discussão neste tópico sobre microdosagem de CPA? O objetivo aqui seria reduzir a testosterona e seus efeitos (mas não eliminá-la). Talvez seja muito difícil medir a dosagem correta se tal terapia for possível

What's your reasoning bicalutamide benefiting penile function? The higher levels of testosterone from upregulation? But that shouldn't aid penile function because the higher levels of T will still be blocked from binding to ARs, right? Or am I missing something here

A lot of people actually do maintain penile function on hrt, it just works differently for them then it did before the hrt. Idk maybe hitting different T level targets will affect things differently.

Also, there's always sildenafil (v****)...
Hello
Bicalutamide has much less binding strength than androgens, mainly DHT.

See that bicalutamide does not prevent spermatogenesis in cells that are totally dependent on hormonal responses, why?
There are places in the human body such as sexual gonads where testosterone levels are much higher compared to others in the body, much much higher, I'm talking about human physiology here there is no "brociense ",so even if bicalutamide reached maximum levels it is not possible to stop signaling in these places, this will vary according to with their biological individuality.
I reiterate that bicalutamide most of the time has to be combined with GnRH analogs in prostate cancer therapies, precisely because bicalutamidade high testosterone levels.

Note that Bicalutamide other than finasteride and these other androgens, is an anti-androgen via receptor not via enzyme, however it can only act if it is at levels much higher than testosterone, but in certain targets it will not be able to achieve this, even in maximum therapy.

CPA left me very unwell for several different reasons even at low dosages.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello
Bicalutamide has much less binding strength than androgens, mainly DHT.

See that bicalutamide does not prevent spermatogenesis in cells that are totally dependent on hormonal responses, why?
There are places in the human body such as sexual gonads where testosterone levels are much higher compared to others in the body, much much higher, I'm talking about human physiology here there is no "brociense ",so even if bicalutamide reached maximum levels it is not possible to stop signaling in these places, this will vary according to with their biological individuality.
I reiterate that bicalutamide most of the time has to be combined with GnRH analogs in prostate cancer therapies, precisely because bicalutamidade high testosterone levels.

Note that Bicalutamide other than finasteride and these other androgens, is an anti-androgen via receptor not via enzyme, however it can only act if it is at levels much higher than testosterone, but in certain targets it will not be able to achieve this, even in maximum therapy.

CPA left me very unwell for several different reasons even at low dosages.
Ya Bica is old school according to history of AA's. Maybe we should be experimenting with the likes of Elagolix - the new game in town:

1616977369925.png

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The following thought came to me: if you abandon HRT and stay on Bicalutamide, the changes will remain, because bicalutamide prevents masculinization
You will regain the ability to build muscle, your psychological state, if it changes with estrogen, your sexual function. However, face changes - here I am not sure

Last edited:

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ya Bica is old school according to history of AA's. Maybe we should be experimenting with the likes of Elagolix - the new game in town:

View attachment 160537

Hi friend I'll take your post to say something, it's not for you personally :D

Incredibly, I tell, that I have studied all other presentations of non-steroidal anti-androgens too much, not only these, this whole class of medication.

I have a degree in health and I try to support everything I read and absorb about these guidelines.

I tell you that bicalutamide is the "best choice" despite being "oldscool" for thousands of reasons already discussed here and in the end it becomes an infinite repetition.

For example, in the case of the Elagolix that mentioned and marked, this is a GnRh antogonist, Its mechanism of effect has nothing to do with that of bicalutamide , that is, it will cause you a central hypogonadism by inhibiting its hypothalamic pathway, it will inhibit your hypophysis to secrete FSH and LH will cease your endogenous testosterone production. and that’s not what we’re looking for, it’s safer to take some derivative of prostagene, estrogen than you use a thing like this.

it is safer for you to take estrogen to end your HPT axis signaling than to tamper with this type of GnRh modulator.

This will have thousands of side effects, and it will be strictly necessary to do hormone replacement if it is not suicide right, it will do too much harm to your head.

This has already been discussed so much here, CPA, enzalutamida, flutamida , elagolix , espinorolactone , bla bla bla and other analogs have different mechanisms of action between them, at the end all of this list despite being used to deal with the same thing sometimes has different mechanisms of action.

And we use these drugs always off-label, that is, the studies conducted by the drug laboratory did not study it for this.

I think our conversation has to be about results, how do we hit our goals?

What did you use and how did you get results?

In the end I think that this forum becomes an eternal repetition, I think that all the content we need to reach the cure is already here, just need search , and have the courage to do something , since it bothers us so much and we spend so many hours here.

Now answering, in my opinion bicalutamide is the safest today among those nuclear bombs mentioned, besides being a nuclear weapon too, but I prefer it than others.

Nimos0651

My Regimen
Reaction score
The following thought came to me: if you abandon HRT and stay on Bicalutamide, the changes will remain, because bicalutamide prevents masculinization
You will regain the ability to build muscle, your psychological state, if it changes with estrogen, your sexual function. However, face changes - here I am not sure
Do you have any data to back this up? I am looking into possibly taking Bica instead of spironolactone and keeping low dose E

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its just his educated assumption, which I agree with. There is no data. Even if you take ALL people on this site that took bica, none of them took the drug for longer than 5 years.
Because the first long term users started taking it first in 2018, that's why.

And I totally agree with Almas. Right now there is no return from HRT in terms of hairloss, Noah is like an anomaly.

Only if topical AR degraders come true. You could do HRT, regrow hair as much as possible, stop HRT, while retaining hair with topical AR degrader, and then after getting to baseline in terms of masculinization, you can start again solo bica or just keep the topical AR degrader.

Nimos0651

My Regimen
Reaction score
It would actually be good to have good density lmao
If AR degraders actually happen, there will be no need for HRT. If you stop your hairloss early you will have endless donor supply for H.T on your whole head.
I am only taking 1mg estradiol orally + .75mg estrogel with 50mg spironolactone. Is this enough to permanently feminize me? I am a cis male and want to avoid as much feminization as possible.

nameless2

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You know, I am mostly a non-believer in everything except HRT meds and oral minoxidil meaning nothing else essentially has any effects on hair at all or cosmtically significant. But I mean, I don't care. Estrogen plus cannabis equals heaven for me and I deem it a gift from Our Lady Above.<winks>

It makes me happy:

Cool song. It reminds me of another song but I can't remember the name of it.

UPDATE: I just remembered the name of the old song that reminds me of Sherryl Crow's "If it makes you happy". It's a song called ""Lotta Love" by Nicollette Larson. The songs seem similar in parts of the song but the similarity is striking in a few lines of the two songs. It's Crow's line, "If it makes you happy it can't be that bad" AND Larson's line, "My heart needs protection and so do I". It's Crow's line (again), "If it makes you happy it can't be that bad" AND Larson's line, "You know I need relating not solitude." Check out Larson's song below and pay special attention to those 3 lines.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

UPDATE: I just remembered the name of the old song that reminds me of Sherryl Crow's "If it makes you happy". It's a song called ""Lotta Love" by Nicollette Larson. The songs seem similar in parts of the song but the similarity is striking in a few lines of the two songs. It's Crow's line, "If it makes you happy it can't be that bad" AND Larson's line, "My heart needs protection and so do I". It's Crow's line (again), "If it makes you happy it can't be that bad" AND Larson's line, "You know I need relating not solitude." Check out Larson's song below and pay special attention to those 3 lines.

Why thank you. I love the Crow song so much.

Androgenic Alpaca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is nothing that could actually permanently feminize you. In your case I would worry more about longterm health of your testes and gyno that you would have to get surgery for it.

Yes hrt can "permanently" feminize you. If you stop hrt and start megadosing androgens you'll re-masculinize but you'll have lingering effects from HRT. Obviously gyno which has to be surgically removed once it progresses past a certain point. But there will also be long-term effects in terms of facial feminization if you are on HRT long enough. If you take HRT for like 5 years and fully transition to female and then want to stop HRT and transition back to male, you'll have a lot of the difficulties that an FtM trans person will have. Obviously a MtFtM person won't have as a difficult a transition back to male as an FtM person but it's not a magic "I'm a dude again!" switch

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is nothing that could actually permanently feminize you. In your case I would worry more about longterm health of your testes and gyno that you would have to get surgery for it.
Agreed. If you want to still have "normal" testes, you need to drop the E in total asap.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Смотря сколько вы используете эстрогена,я использую каждый день по 1 дозе или геля или таблетку.Да в каком то варианте это феменезировало меня,но все равно я остаюсь парнем.Ко мне везде обращаются как к парню.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have any data to back this up? I am looking into possibly taking Bica instead of spironolactone and keeping low dose E
Bicalutamide has been used in adolescents to prevent masculinization and has been successful in its task. This means that if you use Estrogen with Bicalutamide, and then leave Bicalutamide and remove Estrogen, Bicalutamide will prevent masculinization. This is my guess. I could be wrong.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bicalutamide has been used in adolescents to prevent masculinization and has been successful in its task. This means that if you use Estrogen with Bicalutamide, and then leave Bicalutamide and remove Estrogen, Bicalutamide will prevent masculinization. This is my guess. I could be wrong.
Very true, nice post. Yes, if you want to remasculinize, you need to drop bicalutamide and use a topical anti androgen.

Notdifferent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Great song. This is not actually Nicolette's song, it's Neil Young's.

01E8363C00000514-3828037-image-a-42_1475886334979.jpg