Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a suspicion that DHTcel was mistaken in the dosage calculation. After all, he calculated a dose that would completely block receptors in the prostate. But who said that the T concentrations in the scalp are the same as in the prostate?

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a suspicion that DHTcel was mistaken in the dosage calculation. After all, he calculated a dose that would completely block receptors in the prostate. But who said that the T concentrations in the scalp are the same as in the prostate?
I believe the T/androgen concentrations are high in the scalp! It's weird that I have such androgenic effects on skin... with such a low T.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on .75 mg estrogel for 6 weeks and can see tiny vellus hairs growing on the hairline. I think estrogen is vital in terms of re-growth even in small doses
I advise you to get tested for T and E and share with us. You are also using spironolactone and Minoxidil, so it is not known what exactly causes the growth

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not about the concentration, but the sensitivity of the receptors.
I am fucked, really. Or? If it means that I have low T levels but high sensitivity, then it doesn't matter when the receptors are blocked... !?

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am fucked, really. Or? If it means that I have low T levels but high sensitivity, then it doesn't matter when the receptors are blocked... !?
Even if you have tremendous receptor sensitivity, if you block them and androgens don't bind to them, it won't matter. Since your T is low, I believe Bicalutamide will work well for you.

Nimos0651

My Regimen
Reaction score
I advise you to get tested for T and E and share with us. You are also using spironolactone and Minoxidil, so it is not known what exactly causes the growth
I got tested a few weeks ago and they said they would send my results but havent gotten them yet. On the phone the doctor said that my T was normal and that my E was slightly high for a male. Also, I have been on oral minoxidil for 1 year and the tiny hairs started appearing at the 4 week mark of my new regimen so it has to be from the E or spironolactone

Swarleyd

My Regimen
Reaction score
So spironolactone is known to be a weak anti androgen so if men can handle a little bit of gynecomastia why it isn’t used more by cis men ?

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So spironolactone is known to be a weak anti androgen so if men can handle a little bit of gynecomastia why it isn’t used more by cis men ?

It also antagonizes aldosterone which may have undesirable effects such as low blood pressure and high potassium.

Honestly I think using estrogen is probably just better overall than messing with adrenal hormones, but that's my take. The explicit purpose of spironolactone is to lower aldosterone so it's going to have more of an effect on that than it will your androgen profile.

I'm still amazed that I apply estrogen to my scalp and I still don't have gyno, for all the people worrying about it, my libido is still high and my body fat is still not even close to what I'd consider dangerous. I think as long as you're conscientious about how much you apply, the risks of topical estrogen therapy for hairloss are grossly overstated.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It also antagonizes aldosterone which may have undesirable effects such as low blood pressure and high potassium.

Honestly I think using estrogen is probably just better overall than messing with adrenal hormones, but that's my take. The explicit purpose of spironolactone is to lower aldosterone so it's going to have more of an effect on that than it will your androgen profile.

I'm still amazed that I apply estrogen to my scalp and I still don't have gyno, for all the people worrying about it, my libido is still high and my body fat is still not even close to what I'd consider dangerous. I think as long as you're conscientious about how much you apply, the risks of topical estrogen therapy for hairloss are grossly overstated.
And how much do you apply?

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also ordered some Estrodiol powder

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Considering we're not talking about therapeutic dosages which the estrogen gel is measured for, I simply apply as much as I need for coverage and if the sides are too much I dilute it in a distilled water/solvent solution.

I really haven't had to do that with the estrogel, so it really is one of those things just like minoxidil where you take your metered concentration (5% 2% whatever) and apply for coverage, then if you have sides, lower your concentration, that's really all you can do, that or apply it only once every other day.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Estrogel is usually applied to the wrists or abdomen so that it absorbs well and changes the E levels. Are you sure it makes sense to apply it to the scalp? What doses do you use, what is the result? I often hear about the advisability of applying the gel to the scalp, but have not seen the results and evidence that it is more effective and has a local effect. If it has a local effect on the follicles, even in small doses, it should quickly grow hair like from HRT, but I have not seen such results.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
20210304_071310.jpg

crown/vertex = roasted :(

I think that bica+finasteride(+met+resveratrol) won't do much here...

Would be microneedling effective!? Would E solve this? What about Eplerenone?

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 158364

crown/vertex = roasted :(

I think that bica+finasteride(+met+resveratrol) won't do much here...

Would be microneedling effective!? Would E solve this? What about Eplerenone?
Eplerenone - SAA. It cannot be used with NSAA because it weakens its action by being a receptor agonist
You should start with Bica + finasteride and give it 6-9 months. If the result does not suit you, add E if necessary.