Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

franzliszt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dandruff is a telltale sign of some inflammatory/immune activity which is abnormal.

200 thousandths of a milligram may not be enough especially if you're not absorbing it properly which in my particular case I was not.

The thing I can recommend for you to do which I had to do because it's not always sunny where I live is that I basically got a reptile sun lamp, and I got one of those microphone stand arms that can extend and move and I attached the light to the stand and I basically would lay in bed with my shirt off facing away from the lamp at a good enough distance that I would not get burned and it definitely helped my energy levels.

Sadly getting enough vitamin D for many people can sometimes only involve naturally creating it due to sunlight exposure.

This year I felt like absolute garbage, constantly tired and dizzy until I started doing this particular therapy for 30 mins a day until I felt like my body was producing enough.

Either that or just get outside like a normal person if there's enough sun in your part of the world.
This post has some useful info on vitamin D receptor down regulation

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
IMG_20200924_074052.jpg
IMG_20201107_145328.jpg

Last 2 for a while, we'll see if i get telogen effluvium getting of bica. I'll keep taking 2mg E2 twice a day for now

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you feel like your T and DHT are suppressed?
I have been on AAs and 2mg or above E2 since last december, clearly it dididn't work out. I have no idea to be honest. Just noticed we kind of have the same regimen, you bound to have gyno with that if you don't already.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@bridgeburn's Second Cocktail in his own words, dating from late summer to fall of 2018:

1mg dutasteride everyday, 6mg buccal estrofem (a couple times i took 8mg but mostly 6mg a day), 200mg spironolactone, 500mg sulfasalizine, 10mg oral minoxidil every other day and topical minoxidil every other day on alternating days (I don't really measure just cover the area). He also was taking 100 mg of progesterone orally which is a marginal dose. October 2nd, he added one Diane pill per week.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral Minoxidil versus topical minoxidil plus sulfasalizine:

Anyone not taking oral minoxidil, I am wondering if anyone has tried sulfasalizine. Theoretically, the two methods should be far superior to just using the 5% topical on the scalp.

franzliszt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on AAs and 2mg or above E2 since last december, clearly it dididn't work out. I have no idea to be honest. Just noticed we kind of have the same regimen, you bound to have gyno with that if you don't already.
Yeah, I'm an AAA cup at the moment. I think we're in the same boat in terms of age and the extent of our hair loss.

Attachments

• IMG_20201107_173149_4~2.jpg
    IMG_20201107_173149_4~2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 209

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm an AAA cup at the moment. I think we're in the same boat in terms of age and the extent of our hair loss.
Still that's a lot of hair! No stabilization for either of you on that similar med protocol? You are both getting things under control early. It appears that many MtFs on similar meds have their hair stabilized and then there is a gradual change-over in terms of anagen and the hair shifting to a more oval shape at the ears and hair line. Are you guys worried? Are you willing to go deeper into the experience?

franzliszt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still that's a lot of hair! No stabilization for either of you on that similar med protocol? You are both getting things under control early. It appears that many MtFs on similar meds have their hair stabilized and then there is a gradual change-over in terms of anagen and the hair shifting to a more oval shape at the ears and hair line. Are you guys worried? Are you willing to go deeper into the experience?
There was initial stabilisation, (after adding finasteride) but I kept shifting dosages and taking different things. Right now I'm on zoladex 10.8 and 8mg of EV/5 days. I suppose my main worry is I'll become a bald guy with boobs, the oval hairline would be perfect.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There was initial stabilisation, (after adding finasteride) but I kept shifting dosages and taking different things. Right now I'm on zoladex 10.8 and 8mg of EV/5 days. I suppose my main worry is I'll become a bald guy with boobs, the oval hairline would be perfect.
GNRH meds are not used much in the U.S. so it would be interesting to hear more about your experiences. If there is one thing to be learned from this thread above all is that it is a bit hazardous to change meds/dosages, particularly with AA's. I forget who's MtF so I don't want to dispense info that is not pertinent. MtFs are pretty welcoming about wigs and that is a difference of perspective that took a lot of pressure off of me earlier in the year from being too hair anxious.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This might interest some. It is highly technical but perhaps insightful as to why some continue to struggle with hair loss while on HRT:

To those who know who Dr. Will Powers is, he gets into sort of a shoot-out with a couple of MtF folks that I know. He has answered a couple of my posts too and I kind of like his willingness to argue publicly....

Jacob Williams

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This might interest some. It is highly technical but perhaps insightful as to why some continue to struggle with hair loss while on HRT:

To those who know who Dr. Will Powers is, he gets into sort of a shoot-out with a couple of MtF folks that I know. He has answered a couple of my posts too and I kind of like his willingness to argue publicly....
This was interesting although depressing. So basically for some of us there’s just nothing we can do currently, literally nothing. No amount of AA or estrogen can help if you have a DHEA-S problem. The only drug currently available that can help is ridiculously expensive and there’s not nearly enough in the pipeline going down this line of thinking to be hopeful.

franzliszt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I p
This was interesting although depressing. So basically for some of us there’s just nothing we can do currently, literally nothing. No amount of AA or estrogen can help if you have a DHEA-S problem. The only drug currently available that can help is ridiculously expensive and there’s not nearly enough in the pipeline going down this line of thinking to be hopeful.
My reply to the reddit post:
Enzalutamide can be purchased at $50-100 a gram from Alibaba, and needs to be mixed with the solubility enhancer Labrasol to increase it's bio-availability. The other excipients are preservatives E320 and E321. These may be used to increase it's shelf life to 3 years, I'm not sure if they would be necessary when making smaller batches. the capsule is just a standard gellatin capsule that can be purchased on Ebay.
If anyone here has any experience in the pharmaceutical field, your help would be greatly appreciated. This DIY approach may benefit those suffering from prostate cancer, but can't affoard the extotionate price of XTANDI (Enzalutamide), in addition to HRT hair loss sufferers

The risk is not knowing the purity of the product, so getting it tested would be advisable. I can't find any info on the mg/ml of enza to labrasol needed to dissolve it.

Jacob Williams

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

This was interesting although depressing. So basically for some of us there’s just nothing we can do currently, literally nothing. No amount of AA or estrogen can help if you have a DHEA-S problem.
I p

My reply to the reddit post:
Enzalutamide can be purchased at $50-100 a gram from Alibaba, and needs to be mixed with the solubility enhancer Labrasol to increase it's bio-availability. The other excipients are preservatives E320 and E321. These may be used to increase it's shelf life to 3 years, I'm not sure if they would be necessary when making smaller batches. the capsule is just a standard gellatin capsule that can be purchased on Ebay.
If anyone here has any experience in the pharmaceutical field, your help would be greatly appreciated. This DIY approach may benefit those suffering from prostate cancer, but can't affoard the extotionate price of XTANDI (Enzalutamide), in addition to HRT hair loss sufferers

The risk is not knowing the purity of the product, so getting it tested would be advisable. I can't find any info on the mg/ml of enza to labrasol needed to dissolve it.
I didn’t realize enzalutamide addressed this pathway, that’s certainly of interest.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I was talking to somebody from estrogel on Reddit. The idea is to use high dose topical E2 on your scalp and topical dht on your chest in case of gyno. This will reactivate your hair follicles and once activated (blood flow and fibrosis reversed) you can wean off it and hop on topical dutasteride once a week. Or more depending on your sensitivity.

franzliszt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
GNRH meds are not used much in the U.S. so it would be interesting to hear more about your experiences. If there is one thing to be learned from this thread above all is that it is a bit hazardous to change meds/dosages, particularly with AA's. I forget who's MtF so I don't want to dispense info that is not pertinent. MtFs are pretty welcoming about wigs and that is a difference of perspective that took a lot of pressure off of me earlier in the year from being too hair anxious.
I'm not sure if I'm past the T flare stages yet, or if it's just adrenal T. I'll let you know around the month mark whether or not it's effective. It's surprising bridgeburn didn't have significant sides from his regimen, 1mg dutasteride is a bit over the top. Do you know what his current regimen is?