Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
female animals also live longer, even in controlled environments

Not exactly. In most species females do live longer, but not in all. It should be obvious though that the more aggressive sex is going to live a shorter life. I don't imagine being wounded in fights is going to help you live longer, and having a higher calorie intake is the greatest shortener of lifespans that we know of. I higher caloric intake for males is something that is consistent throughout the animal kingdom.

According to this male mice sometimes live longer than female mice in controlled environments
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2655725

Testosterone is important for a healthy heart.

There are benefits to female hormones and benefits to male hormones. One is not better than the other, but I get the sense that you hate men and just want to believe women are superior.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I higher caloric intake for males is something that is consistent throughout the animal kingdom.
and that's why muscle could accelerate aging, because it requires more calories to maintain itself even at rest.. and testosterone promotes muscles

There are benefits to female hormones and benefits to male hormones.
I agree that T has some health benefits.
But personally I think T accelerates the aging process, but despite that it can help mitigate some damage leading to an overall net benefit. Similarly, in a way that chemotherapy in and of itself would accelerate aging but is the lesser of two evils if you have cancer.

Testosterone does decrease fat mass for example, and carrying fat is one of the worse things for aging as it oxidizes endogenously. Boosting metabolism can increase lifespan by relieving that burden but on the other hand it also leads to more toxic byproducts of metabolism

Also, castrated animals and humans and male mice given estrogen live longer.

but I get the sense that you hate men and just want to believe women are superior.
everyone here is biased

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Men have better health in old age than women, so is living longer as a women really beneficial?

melio

Reaction score
So, sometime since increasing to 50mg bica two weeks ago, my sleep quality really tanked. Currently, I'm constantly fatigued and waking up every two hours on the dot, usually with the feeling that I have to urinate. mild hot flashes too. These are symptoms of androgen deprivation, which, I find confusing since I thought bica would increase estradiol? I don't really have an answer as to why but it appears that bica monotherapy at 50mg (or the timing was a coincidence and it would have happened at 25mg too. IDK) can't be the answer for me and I would need more E2 from elsewhere for it to be viable. That's the only thing I can think of now (admittingly my brain is pretty busted atm.) Maybe it's struck some shitty equilibrium and I would need an even LARGER dose, which, if the case, unfortunately isn't really financially feasible for me now. no idea, but I'm going to cut it out for now until my sleep resembles something normal again and then decide where to go from there.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, sometime since increasing to 50mg bica two weeks ago, my sleep quality really tanked. Currently, I'm constantly fatigued and waking up every two hours on the dot, usually with the feeling that I have to urinate. mild hot flashes too. These are symptoms of androgen deprivation, which, I find confusing since I thought bica would increase estradiol? I don't really have an answer as to why but it appears that bica monotherapy at 50mg (or the timing was a coincidence and it would have happened at 25mg too. IDK) can't be the answer for me and I would need more E2 from elsewhere for it to be viable. That's the only thing I can think of now (admittingly my brain is pretty busted atm.) Maybe it's struck some shitty equilibrium and I would need an even LARGER dose, which, if the case, unfortunately isn't really financially feasible for me now. no idea, but I'm going to cut it out for now until my sleep resembles something normal again and then decide where to go from there.
I was getting insomnia on spironolactone. You can try Sertaline 10-20 mg for hot flashes.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What are the chances of feminization taking 12.5 mg cypro a week?

Reactions: Yar

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "Itsnoahkennedy, post: 1849900, member: 135884"] Что касается дискуссии о старении, я просто оставлю это здесь.

[ATTACH = полный] 131604 [/ ATTACH] [ATTACH = полный] 131605 [/ ATTACH]

[ATTACH = полный] 131606 [/ ATTACH] [ATTACH = полный] 131607 [/ ATTACH] [/ QUOTE]
What are the chances of feminization taking 12.5 mg cypro a week?
no way, you need to take 12.5 per day

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Those women are fake as sh*t, have pounds of make up, and have had multiple plastic surgery procedures.

Or it’s just genetics? Or the fact that black don’t crack? Or it’s just the fact that they look after their skin? I mean, my mother is in her late 50s but looks thirty.

One reason women live longer is men have more dangerous jobs, and more suicides. I'm not sure if the statistics to those into account or not. Men are exposed to more toxic chemicals through their jobs, inhaling things like paint fumes, PVC pipe, exhaust fumes,etc. They have more stress, and engage in more risky behaviors.

Men are also more likely to fall into alcoholism!

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Bicalutamide doesn’t lead to the typical effects of ADT. Are you sure you’re not having placebo effects?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Men have better health in old age than women, so is living longer as a women really beneficial?

But why does it matter? Most of us aren’t women here, we are castrated men on estradiol.

In terms of ageing, hormonal factors don’t play too great of a role. It’s based around skincare; applying a retinol treatment daily, applying sunscreen daily and using hydrants/moisturisers is what will prevent ageing.

In terms death rates, that’s up to speculation, although it’s evident that women live longer. From my personal experience, estradiol has lead to me being able to maintain a clear mind, which means stress is minimal in my life.

melio

Reaction score
Bicalutamide doesn’t lead to the typical effects of ADT. Are you sure you’re not having placebo effects?

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to me that it would. I'm sure it's not placebo though. You could attribute hot flashes to placebo, and fatigue to the sleep quality being bad, but the sleep thing is deffo real. Maybe it's GABA related like bridge suggested.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
one estradiol is powerless to remove masculinity. An antiandrogen is necessary. I used one estradiol without cypro and more masculine features began to return to me

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
androgens make you tough no doubt, anobolic means growth. growth leads to quicker decay, in a primitive world short term strength is valued over long term health, hence patriarchy prevailed.

Catabolic states enhance the quality of cells to make up for reduced quantity.
Even calorie restriction increases riskiness of accidents and it takes avoiding those to reap the longevity benefits. Women have smaller bones in general and have less to lose in the face of osteoporosis.

Everything has a trade off.