Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, that's your opinion. You have a right to prefer adrogyny if you want, I'm not going to tell you that you should want to be a man. Most men want to attract females though, and androgens are what make that possible.
I have not attracted more than one woman to androgens! Most of the women I am attracting now to antiandrogens and estradiol!

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think your observations are not true. Most people agree that men age better than women, and a study by the University of Vienna confirms that.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/9351366/woman-face-age-faster-man-menopause/
"before the age of 50, they found that women age twice as fast as men.

But between 50 and 60 this process become three times faster."

Most women pass their expiration date in their mid-20s.

That’s actually incorrect, especially since women are more likely to look after their skin. Men are more likely to age, and have premature ageing due to sun damage. And due to men having thicker skin and a different skull structure, they’re more prone to having deeper forehead wrinkles which is an important factor in ageing. Men are also less likely to look after the skin on their neck, or apply sunscreen there, which is an important factor since neck ageing makes you look significantly older.

Maybe androgens assist ageing in the terms of an over production of sebum production? Even though, that has its negatives such as acne and skin imperfections. In fact, androgens can lead to cystic acne which can them lead to permanent pitted scars.

DinkyDino

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most men want to attract females though, and androgens are what make that possible.

Not really. I mean this place is dedicated to baldness. Baldness is extremely unattractive to most women and society which is why we're all going crazy here. And our hormones make that happen unlike the majority of women who retain their hair for the most part unless they have some autoimmune disorder which is rare. Or menopause where they start to thin but not nearly as bad as us in our 20s/30s.

Women also tend to like girly feminine men as well. But bald men? Good luck unless you are a jacked up dude with good jawline and face and you will still have issues. Yea you might find one who doesn't care but it severely limits your options and leaves you wide open to bald/he ugly jokes.

I do agree with you that men age better in my own opinion but that's because women are the peak of fertility to me. So when they drop, I hate to admit that I see them below men because men still retain some value as looks wasn't their sales pitch in the first place. Plus older women start growing facial hair and junk but for men more facial hair is part of the norm. I'm wired this way so I'm only speaking for myself.

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think your observations are not true. Most people agree that men age better than women, and a study by the University of Vienna confirms that.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/9351366/woman-face-age-faster-man-menopause/
"before the age of 50, they found that women age twice as fast as men.

But between 50 and 60 this process become three times faster."

Most women pass their expiration date in their mid-20s.

I think menopause plays big role on this. Most women with menopause have almost non existed estrogen levels and they experience hair thinning and rapid aging.

DinkyDino

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bald men are actually more likely to have low T than high T. The theory is that low T leads the body to convert more of it to DHT. Women don't like roided up freaks like Dwayne Johnson, they like a normal level of masculinity like Liam Hemsworth.

There a lot of low T and High T theories floating around. So I don't even look into that anymore. All I know is that women don't bald to the extent as men do and they tend to have low T and high E. Some people in this thread emulate their hormones and restore part of their hair. Some people have dutasteride restore jack crap when it inhibits nearly all DHT.

Also don't get me wrong. I do agree that a normal NON BALDING healthy male is far superior than using hormones but this is a baldness forum. If none of us were balding we wouldn't even touch these drugs. But for balding men, these are our only options and that is why some are bitter with their hormones/gender if it is causing baldness. Again, no matter which way you slice it women just don't bald as much even if their dad is slick bald.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yet despite all that most people say that men age like wine while women age like milk.

Maybe those women just need to look after their skin, in which many don't. It's generally the lazy women who don't follow basic beauty regimens who end up ageing faster, or the women who smoke and/or drink. Men age like leather sofas, and end up looking older in general due to androgenic alopecia.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
menopause

This is not about post-menopausal women. They measured collagen and elastin in all ages. If you look at the other link I provided they found that women age 2 times faster than men before menopause, and 3 times faster after menopause.

Edit: The women I see who age well tend to be the more masculine ones with higher androgen levels. The most feminine women tend to age the worst. DHEA is basically the fountain of youth hormone.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
They measured collagen and elastin in all ages.
so then it included menopausal and perimenopausal?

If you look at the other link I provided they found that women age 2 times faster than men before menopause,
It says that but it also says this,

" Researchers analysed the faces of 88 men and women and compared them between various age groups.

Sonja Windhager, who led the research, said: ‘Men and women age similarly up to the age of 50."

A bit of contradicting statements.

DHEA is basically the fountain of youth hormone.
DHEA is also an estrogen

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
DHEA is actually an androgen, and men produce far more of it that women. Whatever makes you comfortable with your decision to be female though, I really don't care. I'm only interested in truth.
It is both an androgen and an agonist of estrogen beta receptor

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
DHEA acts as a full agonist of the ERβ with a maximal response similar to or actually slightly greater than that of estradiol, and its levels in circulation and local tissues in the human body are high enough to activate the receptor to the same degree as that seen with circulating estradiol levels at somewhat higher than their maximal, non-ovulatory concentrations; indeed, when combined with estradiol with both at levels equivalent to those of their physiological concentrations, overall activation of the ERβ was doubled. [10][19]

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
DHEA is actually an androgen, and men produce far more of it that women. Whatever makes you comfortable with your decision to be female though, I really don't care. I'm only interested in truth.

I'll just make it simple:

Androgens make you ugly. Estrogen makes you pretty.

There is no truth to what you're saying; it's a myth that men age slower/better, and there's more factors that play into ageing.

By that time, most men are balding which automatically turns you into a grandpa.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's actually not a myth.

Women age facially at 2-3 times the rate of men
permalink | category: Age | table of contents
It is a common expression that comparatively speaking, "men age like wine, women age like milk." Scientifically, it has been shown that this phrase may in fact have validity, as women develop facial signs of aging at 2-3 times the rate that men do.

Facial analysis of aging patterns indicated women experience their greatest rate of aging from 50-60 when their faces age three times as quickly as men. During the rest of their lives, women were evaluated to age twice as quickly as men.

Quotes:

• The female rate of facial aging is higher than the male rate.
  • Before age 50 and also after age 60, female faces age—on average—about twice as fast as male faces; between 50 and 60 years, this sex difference in aging rate is even more pronounced (up to three times faster).
  • Aging was generally associated with a flatter face, sagged soft tissue ("broken" jawline), deeper nasolabial folds, smaller visible areas of the eyes, thinner lips, and longer nose and ears.
References:
  • Windhager S, Mitteroecker P, Rupić I, Lauc T, Polašek O, Schaefer K. 2019. Facial aging trajectories: A common shape pattern in male and female faces is disrupted after menopause. Am J Phys Anthropol. 169:678–688. [FullText]

And yes, DHT is bad for hair BUT testosterone is very important for male's health. So stop with your disinformation and deluding yourself that test and DHT are the devil just because you're balding.

You are getting those stats based on collagen reduction, which is after menopause within women. Men experience a reduction in collagen gradually as they get older. If a woman decides to start HRT once she hits the menopausal ages, she won't experience that rapid ageing, which still isn't drastic considering my mother didn't use HRT yet she still looks thirty years old, yet my father is younger than her yet looks twenty years older than her, which plays into the next part.

Factors play a role into this, including the methods women use to look after their skin. Women are more likely to use sunscreen than men, which is a largely important factor within skin ageing. Men are also more likely to suffer with premature baldness, which turns you into a dad rapidly. If you look at the men who have had to shave their head at young ages, they look significantly older compared to their full-head of hair female counterparts. Many factors play into the appearance of ageing, and hormones isn't the sole factor, so stop with that bullshit.

I'm not spreading misinformation, you are spreading misinformation from a false narrative. We are not women, and we won't experience the menopause; we will be on estrogen all of our lives. We will not experience this 'rapid ageing', you will experience the ageing. We look after our skin, most of the men on this website are most likely not even going to apply sunscreen daily out of fear of sexual side effects.

"Windhager S, Mitteroecker P, Rupić I, Lauc T, Polašek O, Schaefer K. 2019. Facial aging trajectories: A common shape pattern in male and female faces is disrupted after menopause"

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Factors play a role into this,
IMG_20191107_071307.jpg

melio

Reaction score
i don't really have a dog in this fight but irrespective of everything else, using keanu is cheating. he's such an anomaly that it's a meme that he's an immortal vampire.