Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not really. Flutamide is a STRONG anti androgen at the right dose for your body. It is oral RU or bicalutamide. My e was a 30pg/ml the entire period I took Flutamide. My T was well off the charts as was my DHT.
flutamide does not use HRT mtf, it is not prescribed by mtf endocrinologists

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is not regularly used in the dermatological environment. In fact, both Flutamide and bicalutamide are very limited even in the gynaecological environment at this moment in time. Perhaps a clever pharma company (heyyyy Purdue) may swoop in to exploit
How much flutamide feminized you?

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
flutamide does not use HRT mtf, it is not prescribed by mtf endocrinologists
Yes because it is non steroidal - so while it can feminize you, you can’t track your levels. In fact, my idiot doctor who rxed ne thought I had CAH when I started taking Flut.
How much flutamide feminized you?
500mg is the standard dose. Maybe too much. I couldn’t tolerate it so I would drop to 250 - then experience a massive shed / breakout and titrate up. It’s superior to spironolactone for sure, but with that said spironolactone won’t elevate your androgens thiiiiis much. Maybe flut with some e could help that reflex but it’s otherwise given to cancer patients who have taken GNRH analogs

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes because it is non steroidal - so while it can feminize you, you can’t track your levels. In fact, my idiot doctor who rxed ne thought I had CAH when I started taking Flut.

500mg is the standard dose. Maybe too much. I couldn’t tolerate it so I would drop to 250 - then experience a massive shed / breakout and titrate up. It’s superior to spironolactone for sure, but with that said spironolactone won’t elevate your androgens thiiiiis much. Maybe flut with some e could help that reflex but it’s otherwise given to cancer patients who have taken GNRH analogs
spironolactone is not a steroid prescribed by endocrinologists,

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
So i found a study with a guy who was using spironolactone for a year, developed gyno and it went away three months after stopping it, i plan on losing a lot of weight in that sorta time period so that works out alright. I will reconsider adding spironolactone back to my regimen then.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5846220/

Last edited:

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can write you any research in order to launch the drug on the market! Show your results before and after
The fact that finasteride and dutasteride are effective treatments for male pattern baldness is a very well established fact backed up by a large amount of scientific and anecdotal evidence. If these drugs didn't work, it is fairly obvious that we would all know this by now. Newcomers reading through all these threads need to be made aware of the fact that these drugs do work.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
The fact that finasteride and dutasteride are effective treatments for male pattern baldness is a very well established fact backed up by a large amount of scientific and anecdotal evidence. If these drugs didn't work, it is fairly obvious that we would all know this by now. Newcomers reading through all these threads need to be made aware of the fact that these drugs do work.

Yes finasteride/dutasteride along with perhaps minoxidil should always be the first line of defence, but it's very rare to regrow temples etc the way bridge did with those methods.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes finasteride/dutasteride along with perhaps minoxidil should always be the first line of defence, but it's very rare to regrow temples etc the way bridge did with those methods.
Yes I agree that temple regrowth is difficult with 5ar inhibitors. Crown regrowth is a little easier. I was fortunate enough to get some temple regrowth on dutasteride, but I know that this appears not to be the norm. I'm sure that HRT treatments probably are more effective than finasteride/dutasteride, but for most hair loss sufferers (myself included), they would not be viable treatment options due to their side-effect profiles.

Last edited:

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I asked how much flut feminised you while you were on it.

ali.talebi1994

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I agree that temple regrowth is difficult with 5ar inhibitors. Crown regrowth is a little easier. I was fortunate enough to get some temple regrowth on dutasteride, but I know that this appears not to be the norm. I'm sure that HRT treatments probably are more effective than finasteride/dutasteride, but for most hair loss sufferers (myself included), they would not be viable treatments options due to their side-effect profiles.
temple regrowth is more likely to happen with the help of microneedling

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Actually, I believe 5AR inhibitors should be classed as maintenance drugs considering that dominates the statistics. Combining a maintenance drug along with something which helps with regrowth (minoxidil) is what leads to most of the success stories surrounding 5AR inhibitors on this website.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually, I believe 5AR inhibitors should be classed as maintenance drugs considering that dominates the statistics. Combining a maintenance drug along with something which helps with regrowth (minoxidil) is what leads to most of the success stories surrounding 5AR inhibitors on this website.

Yeah for a good chunk of people they only really maintain, or the hair count increase is so small it doesn't make a cosmetic difference. I think if you are not afraid of sides and value your hair more aggressive drugs are useful to know and discuss about in fighting hair loss, but i do agree with michael and disagree with yar that finasteride and dutasteride are useless, they should always be the first option people go to. Like i said i just stopped spironolactone because i have pretty severe gyno(although it may look worse due to my weight) im willing to tolerate mild to moderate gyno whereas someone else might not be. It all comes down to the sides and how much you are willing to put up with to regain your hair and taking the appropriate steps to fight this horrible condition.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd say that for dutasteride, more than half of users (perhaps 60%) do get some degree of regrowth without needing to use minoxidil. For finasteride, it would be a significantly smaller proportion. Due to the fact that regrowth from 5ar inhibitors (and minoxidil too) is far from guaranteed, catching hair loss early is key.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd say that for dutasteride, more than half of users (perhaps 60%) do get some degree of regrowth without needing to use minoxidil. For finasteride, it would be a significantly smaller proportion. Due to the fact that regrowth from 5ar inhibitors (and minoxidil too) is far from guaranteed, catching hair loss early is key.

Do you have any pics or threads detailing your hair loss recovery by any chance?

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Yar
So using only cyproterone does not help the hair? Do you always have to use estradiol?
Lol.. even finasteride and dutasteride help with hair loss as well as some regrowth. Estrogen is when you don't mind feminizing sides and long great regrowth. But for that you first have to lose as much as bridge.
So yeah, Cypro definitely helps and it's a powerful combination with duta and minoxidil (oral and topical) even without Estradiol

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
where do they work? they don’t work !!! where is the photo of proof of hair growth? how can you not get into the finasteride branch so everyone just writes rolled from nw2 to nw3 took finasteride for a year or skin got fat on finasteride or canceled finasteride I started to go bald with it! Doesn't work !!! The only thing that works is trans drugs !!! You won’t have any satisfying photo evidence of returning nw0! Finasteride and dutasteride sh*t!

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "Imme, post: 1838251, member: 141627"] Lol .. даже финастерид и дутастерид помогают при выпадении волос, а также при некотором возобновлении роста. Эстроген - это когда вы не возражаете против феминизированных сторон и долгого большого отрастания. Но для этого сначала нужно потерять столько же, сколько бридж.
Так что да, Cypro определенно помогает, и это мощная комбинация с дутой и миноксидилом (перорально и местно) даже без эстрадиола [/ QUOTE]
Finasteride and dutasteride are not needed when you are on trans preparations, they do not use them to resume hair growth. I do not use finasteride and dutasteride and return to nw0 !!!! I use trans transition drugs! And I threw finasteride and dutasteride into the trash !! !!

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "Гвидо, должность: 1838249, участник: 137773"] [USER = 141950] @Yar [/ USER]
Так что использование только ципротерона не помогает волосам? Вы всегда должны использовать эстрадиол? [/ QUOTE]
you don’t understand anything! The point is to replace the male hormonal system with the female system! To return to nw0 !!! To do this, drink AA and E.

Attachments

• F02FBC4E-FF6B-4FC5-AC1B-8D0B91DA7ADE.png
    F02FBC4E-FF6B-4FC5-AC1B-8D0B91DA7ADE.png
    329.9 KB · Views: 456
  • 0FF1092D-3358-4A1F-88B3-C863850D17AE.jpeg
    0FF1092D-3358-4A1F-88B3-C863850D17AE.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 423