Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Iirc, it has been used for prostate cancer for years. Now that there are better T blocking drugs like Bica, Daro etc, its use has been discontinued/reduced. Long-term safety of every androgen including, Cypro, Bicalutamide, Flutamide, is questionable.

If you compare it to only T blocking effects of Bica(150), Cypro (50+mg), Fluta(700+mg), yes it is weak. How weak or strong it is, is debatable, and speaking very bluntly on it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. :)

Spironolactone has not been used for prostate cancer, however it's been wondered whether it can reduce the risk of prostate cancer.

Anyway, opinions are opinions...

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
How weak or strong it is, is debatable,
spironolactone does not have an antigonadotrophin effect and its a very weak partial agonist of the androgen receptor,
Cypro is also a very weak partial agonist of the androgen receptor But it is an antigonadotrophin,
Bica Is a pure antagonist of the androgen receptor But it has a Gonadotrophin effect

Cypro's good point is its antigonadotrophin effect
Bica's good point is its pure antagonist ability
cypro and bica have pros and cons to each other, however, spironolactone lacks both advantages. in terms of antiandrogenic activity that is

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
spironolactone does not have an antigonadotrophin effect and its a very weak partial agonist of the androgen receptor,
Cypro is also a very weak partial agonist of the androgen receptor But it is an antigonadotrophin,
Bica Is a pure antagonist of the androgen receptor But it has a Gonadotrophin effect

cypro and bica have pros and cons to each other, however, spironolactone lacks both advantages. in terms of antiandrogenic activity that is
I wasn't speaking in terms of its ability to turn one into woman, but talking hairloss and providing regrowth, which it has done for almost everyone who has taken it, and which also explains my inclusion of other factors like prolactin, TGF-beta1, inflammation and fibrosis. Since, 1st sentence might sound harsh due to its formation, I would like to state that I have written it in normal sense.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What I'm trying to say is it is a legit and one of the best treatments for cis-males who want to remain male and don't want to resort to estrogen.

A balding person has, in general, high testosterone, LH, DHEA, and prolactin. Whereas, the levels of FSH and SHBG are decreased.

Now spironolactone decreases T, LH, DHEA, and prolactin, as well as suppresses TGF-beta1, inflammation and fibrosis - all these factors have been found to be contributing to Androgenic Alopecia.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What I'm trying to say is it is a legit and one of the best treatments for cis-males who want to remain male and don't want to resort to estrogen.

A balding person has, in general, high testosterone, LH, DHEA, and prolactin. Whereas, the levels of FSH and SHBG are decreased.

Now spironolactone decreases T, LH, DHEA, and prolactin, as well as suppresses TGF-beta1, inflammation and fibrosis - all these factors have been found to be contributing to Androgenic Alopecia.
Spironolactone doesn't decrease testosterone.

LEXUS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it does not matter whether he lowers testosterone or not. it reduces dht androstenedione and androsterone, which are also converted into dht. and most importantly, hair grows from spironolactone. but there are side effects. I don’t even care how spironolactone works. the main thing is that it works. To completely suppress dht, you need to take 10 tablets of avodart. but they can be reduced by adding spironolactone.

itsyaboi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn’t it the case that spironolactone loses effectiveness in time though? I’ve read threads of people that have used it that say they have needed to up its dose from 100 to 200 to 400 and who knows in a few more years they could be needing 1000+ mg of it daily just to maintain the gains. For this reason I don’t think it would be great in the long term as the chances of side effects build up?

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn’t it the case that spironolactone loses effectiveness in time though? I’ve read threads of people that have used it that say they have needed to up its dose from 100 to 200 to 400 and who knows in a few more years they could be needing 1000+ mg of it daily just to maintain the gains. For this reason I don’t think it would be great in the long term as the chances of side effects build up?
I believe that bicalutamide would be the best answer to male pattern baldness considering you wish to remain men.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it does not matter whether he lowers testosterone or not. it reduces dht androstenedione and androsterone, which are also converted into dht. and most importantly, hair grows from spironolactone. but there are side effects. I don’t even care how spironolactone works. the main thing is that it works. To completely suppress dht, you need to take 10 tablets of avodart. but they can be reduced by adding spironolactone.
That's what most people don't know. They just think that Spironolactone is for blocking testosterone, but they don't realise it blocks/reduces DHT equally well. Moreover people are seriously undermining the role of prolactin, DHEA, TGF-beta1 etc.
These explanations are simply making me look like a cuck who can digest "rational criticisms" of the pill he is taking.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe that bicalutamide would be the best answer to male pattern baldness considering you wish to remain men.
You can't take it for long if you're not adding anything that would reduce T and DHT, as both would go through roof due to negative feedback.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess it was 4-5 years for Americanhairlines, 3years (Iirc) for quineapig but it still works for him just not that effectively. Others have still not come to this site to report anything so can't say about them.

I have seriously considered bicalutamide but I can't take it now. All the person on it are taking it with estrogen, except Maave. But then, Maave didn't have hairloss as aggressive as mine and had only temples receded. Moreover the regrowth he is seeing is in his own words, is terribly slow.

If I ever find a way to take bicalutamide without needing to take estrogen, I would instantaneously hop on it.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
With Spironolactone you can easily afford to go to 400mg, at least. But people are having to go to 150mg bicalutamide as well. Take DHTcel, Ries for example. That's why I find it hard to believe those people who say it by itself is a cure.

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On a very personal level and to be incredibly honest, I find Reis and DHTcel's regimen - High T and high E with most of T blocked in skin and hair - particularly compelling and in compliance with bodybuilding goals. If they report some great success, I would without thinking jump of that regimen.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
D8414360-D4AB-4F02-92B9-1FBC9CDAA355.jpeg

I know it’s only been 4.5 months but... I have this stubborn area... It’s an evident ‘patch’ where it’s slower.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
With Spironolactone you can easily afford to go to 400mg, at least. But people are having to go to 150mg bicalutamide as well. Take DHTcel, Ries for example. That's why I find it hard to believe those people who say it by itself is a cure.

DHTcel went to 150mg/day because he decided to make his T almost 1500 ng/dL... He doesn’t necessarily need 150mg/day, he would have been fine with 100mg/day but it’s his decision.

LEXUS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

you don't even need to take 400 mg of spironolactone. enough 200-300 mg. once a month instead of spironolactone for 3-4 days, take cyproterone. the body must break the habit of any drug. so I use both finasterite and dutasteride. sometimes estradiol valerate sometimes estradiol hemihydrate. spironolactone will not help you much if you take it without an avodart. all drugs must alternate. Ikarus has good hair now. but not known because of what. Maybe it's because of spironolactone. or because he changed the drug. any drug is addictive.

Last edited:

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Is bica's gonadotrophin effect bad? I looked it up quick and it seems to be related to reproductive capacity?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
but talking hairloss and providing regrowth, which it has done for almost everyone who has taken it, and which also explains my inclusion of other factors like prolactin, TGF-beta1, inflammation and fibrosis
I'm not sold on the idea that prolactin is negative. This guy took 200mg of cypro ED (a drug which normally elevates prolactin 10x normal amount) and it didn't seem to affect gains:
upload_2018-7-19_11-5-27.png

plus estrogen elevates prolactin some as well, and many have gotten results from the Diane-35, which has EE plus 2mg cypro. as in the case of Two-Hen:
increase-estrogen-decrease-dht-hair-growth-compressor.jpg

As for the other factors, those are caused by testosterone and DHT so I would imagine a stronger Anti-androgen effect would help against those too.

don't get me wrong, spironolactone is fine if you take a high enough dose of it and there's different individual sensitivity and level of hairloss aggression