Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life. | Page 259 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by bridgeburn, Oct 27, 2017.

1. baldingAF

baldingAF Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    @bridgeburn How has the dexamethasone been treating you? I've only been on it for like 3 weeks but as far as sides go I am good. I have 0.25mg per 60g tube/concentration and am thinking about increasing. Unfortunately no improvement but Im about to start a huge regiment when I have a compounding pharmacy finish a recipe for me. But I was thinking about increasing the concentration on my Dexa... maybe 1.5x or 2x

Also still looking for the best topical Anti-Androgen receptor agent. Don't wana touch 5ar and wana avoid sides. I heard topical spironolactone is sh*t and Im still going to try it at least with a pretty good carrier (LipoDerm Max- don't let the name get you its stilll just a cream not liposomal but its been rated better than PLO and has a API capacity of 50%)

Was thinking about topical DARO as I have a good source and would do sparingly but it doesn't look like anyone had much results with it.

Also read here that daily Bica didn't give someone sides? for real?

2. Marky

Marky Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    some days my finger is just itchy to jack up the dose to 3-4mg daily from 1-2mg. I still have no gyno so maybe I can tolerate 3-4, but gotta stick with the plan to Aug.

3. keepcoolmybabies

keepcoolmybabies Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Having no hormones is bad for bones and can lead to osteoporosis. So an anti androgen in and of itself as a male, whereby you are blocking T and don't have sufficient natural E to compensate, is not a good long term solution for bone health. But E is also protective against bone loss and is the reason why women in menopause (when their E levels plummet) are at higher risk of osteoporosis.

So if you do go the hormonal route, I would recommend balancing out the loss of T with the addition of E to prevent bone deterioration. That said, definitely don't take messing with your endocrine system lightly, since it will have some feminizing effects and you can lose fertilization.

Ikarus and DHTcel like this.
  4. keepcoolmybabies

keepcoolmybabies Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Bica just has a different method of activation than the other antiandrogens (though similar to flutamide). Measuring a person's testosterone levels are pointless when taking bica, since it doesn't block testosterone, as you noted, like cypro or spironolactone. Instead, it binds to androgen recepters, whereby it limits the effects those androgens would otherwise have on your body, like causing hair loss.

5. Father_of_Shiseido

Father_of_Shiseido Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    itchymadscalp likes this.
  6. Gaz121

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Does anyone here have problems taking the 2mg Estrofem / Estradiol pills via the sublingual or bucal method?

When I place it under my tongue, it mixes with saliva and I end up swallowing the saliva containing the dissolved pill. When I place it between my cheek and gums, gravity takes effect and after about 30 - 60 minutes, it ends up going all over my teeth and again I end up swallowing it. Anyone here have the same problem?

Ikarus likes this.
  7. Ikarus

Ikarus Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I had that issue, especially within sublingual use. I put mine between my cheek and gum on the bottom left side, since gravity won't have an effect. I find it greatly easy to use that way, without issues.

8. DHTcel

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I've had legit no change In shower counts on vs off raloxifine, tamoxifen is a different story

9. bridgeburn

bridgeburn Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Raloxifene increases sex steriod production which could certainly increase DHT. (unless it is counteracted by sufficient antigonadotrophins)

DHTcel and itchymadscalp like this.
  10. bridgeburn

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    a few of them have

11. Ikarus

Ikarus Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    When would I expect to see definite regrowth?

DHTcel likes this.
  12. bridgeburn

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    If anything estrogen will help you with bone mineral density.. Nandrolone converts into estradiol too and if it didn't it would not have been prescribed to you.

Enzymes can cause predominate estrogenic activity in specific locations while leaving the overall system androgenic. This is why some of testosterone effects are really from estrogen because estradiol is a metabolite of testosterone. Men who take aromatase inhibitors have high T but thier bones suffer cause estradiol is the most important for bones and you do not need androgenic hormones if you have high E levels.

for example, bicalutimide is not associated with osteoporosis because even though it blocks adrogen receptors it increases estradiol.
    cyproterone taken alone does put you at risk for osteoporosis or bone loss because it lowers both testosterone and estradiol.

So, if you do take cyproterone you need to supplement enough estradiol (at least in lower range female levels) to prevent long term bone issues

Left4bald likes this.
  13. bridgeburn

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I would say your situation has definitely improved and regrown some already.. however, nobody can ever expect a guarantee for regrowth and even then there's always a good chance it may not come back all the way.

maybe it will take 2 years (or even longer?) for maximum effect
    Screen-Shot-2018-01-28-at-5.56.15-PM.png

14. bridgeburn

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    If you go the cypro route: 50mg cyproterone EV plus 3.5mg estradiol ( 2mg buccal pill and 1.5mg topical gel ) while staying on dutasteride and oral min.

alternatively, you could try bica (I have not yet tried it )

DHTcel likes this.
  15. bridgeburn

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    @revivemycurls also, welcome to the thread fellow curly haired (or soon to be) :D

Itsnoahkennedy likes this.
  16. bridgeburn

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Autophagy is essential for maintaining the growth of a human (mini-)organ: Evidence from scalp hair follicle organ culture.
    Parodi C1, Hardman JA2, Allavena G1, et al.
    Autophagy plays a crucial role in health and disease, regulating central cellular processes such as adaptive stress responses, differentiation, tissue development, and homeostasis. However, the role of autophagy in human physiology is poorly understood, highlighting a need for a model human organ system to assess the efficacy and safety of strategies to therapeutically modulate autophagy. As a complete, cyclically remodelled (mini-)organ, the organ culture of human scalp hair follicles (HFs), which, after massive growth (anagen), spontaneously enter into an apoptosis-driven organ involution (catagen) process, may provide such a model. Here, we reveal that in anagen, hair matrix keratinocytes (MKs) of organ-cultured HFs exhibit an active autophagic flux, as documented by evaluation of endogenous lipidated Light Chain 3B (LC3B) and sequestosome 1 (SQSTM1/p62) proteins and the ultrastructural visualization of autophagosomes at all stages of the autophagy process. This autophagic flux is altered during catagen, and genetic inhibition of autophagy promotes catagen development. Conversely, an anti-hair loss product markedly enhances intrafollicular autophagy, leading to anagen prolongation. Collectively, our data reveal a novel role of autophagy in human hair growth. Moreover, we show that organ-cultured scalp HFs are an excellent preclinical research model for exploring the role of autophagy in human tissue physiology and for evaluating the efficacy and tissue toxicity of candidate autophagy-modulatory agents in a living human (mini-)organ.
    PMID: 29590104

Itsnoahkennedy likes this.
  17. revivemycurls

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    thanks for replying bridge, could you tell me the dosage for EV as well? and are these daily dosages or eod/weekly?

18. Stephen788

Stephen788 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Where you get your bica from mate.
    And do you feel as though you seen any benefits since you’ve been on it.
    Cheers

Itsnoahkennedy, DHTcel and Ikarus like this.
  19. revivemycurls

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Does this mean that even though Nandrolone is used as a mediatory while conversion of T to estrodiol, taking nandrolone would make the system T dominant, which is bad?

Regarding T dominance, as I read you said T is like jumping which does not hurt, its the DHT that causes the hurt, so by taking nandrolone and using a stronger DHT inhibitor could I still achieve the same?

Hormone-conversion cycle, balance/imbalance kinda confuses me :/

20. revivemycurls

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Thanks bro, lets all gain some hair.
    Hair and Height is my passion, (f*** I could have had that as my username :p),,now I am somewhat done gaining height, time for hair ;)