Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
ludwig-scale.jpg

I'm more on the Ludwig Scale. I would put myself as an I-4...

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I just took my first dose of letrozole at 2.5mg. mentally it feels like my gyno is melting away already lol. I usually wear compression shirts under my clothes but I have realized that is not an option in the summer. It's just too damn hot outside. Compression shirts are death this time of year. I can get away with wearing baggy t shirts right now so that's what I'm doing but when my gyno was at it's worst even a baggy shirt wasn't enough to hide the gyno without a compression shirt on underneath. Depending on how well the letrozole and raloxefine works and how well my hair holds up I might not go back on estrogel until September.

I finally had to explain to the girl at the pharmacy what I was doing because she told me you can't take estrogel and letrozole at the same time because they cancel each other out. So I told her how I'm taking the gel for hair loss and I cycle it on and off. She seemed to understand and didn't seem to think it was a big deal but she was probably just being polite. I wish I told her earlier because I always felt so awkward getting my prescription having her think I was trans. Anyways it's a small price to pay to have the peace of mind that all my drugs are legit and I don't have to wait for them in the mail and worry that they might get stuck in customs. So I'm still working on the dream. If I can get most of my hair back with just a mild case of gyno then I win and i will be very happy.

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think i have noticed a difference in my skin, but i tend to take good care of my skin(retin-a, good moisturizers etc) but i think there is a difference. Yeah some of the threads i have seen about dutasteride and spironolactone people seem to get amazing results, im mostly worried about my crown, my hairline isn't too bad, and hairline is harder to get back than your crown so im hopeful to get some regrowth in the coming months. Regimen is dutasteride 0.5mg ed, 20mg minoxidil at night, thinking of bumping this up to 25mg once i run out of 10mg pills and just using 0.5ml of the kirkland liquid orally, works out much cheaper and of course 200mg of spironolactone, just got to hope and pray it's enough now lol
same! my crown was the biggest issue, my hairline was solid on the worst days, but the good news is that the crown fills in much much faster than the hairline, just wait and see

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If full hrt cannot help then how castration would work? I am curious, I want to know.
castration will destroy all the androgen in your system 24/7 with no chance of androgens rebound or resistance to build up in the receptors ,it is the most potent method of androgen deprivation,it is only used for stage 4 patients who have severe cases of prostate cancer or cancerous tumor and are not responding to any anti-androgens and gave up all hope on AAs, some people do not react to anti-androgen no matter what and how strong the dose is, even if the blood serum of testosterone is within a castrate level, in some cases anti-androgens fail to eliminate free testosterone which is bioavailable version of testosterone and it is deadly but not shown on blood tests.

1. most AAs have a half-life and if the medication is not taken properly or if it is discontinued without monitoring its effect, it can mess up with the receptors and overactivate them, this happened to @itchymadscalp , he was on a strong AA and his hair was perfect, but for some reason he discontinued the AA and jumped to dutasteride, you can't go from a strong regimen to a weaker one, your receptors will catch up and you will have a problem.
2.anti androgens may cause an adverse reaction to the receptors and induce androgen receptor upregulation, just like @itchymadscalp 's case, where the receptors are ultra sensitive to FREE testosterone, not only total testosterone
3. the body will find a way to resist the drug eventually, and some resistance may build up to the drug if it is misused, or used for a very long, or are taken on and off, which is very dangerous
4. anti-androgen can cause an increased level of prolactin, and prolactin is shown to increase androgenic activity in the receptors, look it up
5. AAs are drugs at the end, and drugs are man-made, not really perfect for everyone's physiology some people are exceptions, but orchiectomy, on the other hand, will eliminate the natural factories of androgens and that will work 100%

note that ani androgens work very well in 98% of people, and any weak responders or people with overactive receptors are outliers,and surgical castration may help them as their last hope,men with severe cases of prostate cancer who are on AA, and not responding like their peers, will be offered to go under this procedure,and they have to accept the loss of their balls because it is life or death for them, but for me baldness is death, so I chose life and boobs.

there is a slim chance that @itchymadscalp will be cured with surgical castration, but it is worth it? he decides not us

Guido

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
tienes razón, mi prolactina aumentó mi pérdida de cabello mientras aumentaba mi testosterona ... y dejé flutamida ... ¿qué puedo hacer?
@ Sonolmn98

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
wow this is by far the best thread i have ever found here on the site, it's full of extremely useful information, i hope this thread stays here and never gets deleted, i start 200mg spironolactone soon and am looking into taking estrogen aswell from inhouse pharmacy, i don't care about feminiziation or gyno, hair = life.