Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thoughts on bi-estrocare?

2 mg of Estriol, 0.50 mg of Estradiol.

Giving it another shot.

It might work but it probably isn't enough on it's own. Maybe it will work if you double or triple the dose. I actually started with that stuff. I used it for a month before I got impatient and switched to stronger stuff. I didn't see any results but I was on it too short a time to really judge.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i have to admit that you have got an excellent point there, not all of us started with shitty hair, usually the worse your hair condition is before starting , the more aggressive the regimen will be, an nw2 guy with good density doesn't have to do all this,he might find his cure with dutasteride and finasteride, but we are all different with different gene and androgen sensitivity, remember that bridgeburn as nearly nw4 with a very bad density and I myself just had a bald spot that was actually not that obvious but I am still gonna stick to the high estrogen dose, mainly because E itself is an anti depressant and iam feeling healthier on the high dose

It sounds to me like you know what your doing and I agree you probably need a high dose. My hair was pretty much as thin as bridges but my hairline was much stronger. Always been a Norwood 1. Good luck to you by the way I really hope everything works out for you and your health.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pills aren't as effective. They don't stay in your system long enough. I don't like to put gel on my scalp because I have too much hair. I just rub it on my inner arms sometimes my stomach. I don't think applying it to the scalp makes much of a difference.

How long does a tube of estrogel last?

Jonny Craig

Established Member
Reaction score
It might work but it probably isn't enough on it's own. Maybe it will work if you double or triple the dose. I actually started with that stuff. I used it for a month before I got impatient and switched to stronger stuff. I didn't see any results but I was on it too short a time to really judge.

Thanks dude.

It didnt hurt your hair at least heh?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It sounds to me like you know what your doing and I agree you probably need a high dose. My hair was pretty much as thin as bridges but my hairline was much stronger. Always been a Norwood 1. Good luck to you by the way I really hope everything works out for you and your health.

That’s similar to me. I am a NW1.5 but I have severe diffuse thinning. I would put myself on the Ludwig scale, since it’s more similar to that pattern.

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started bicalutamide today! To start off, I am cutting my spironolactone dose down to 100MG/day for two weeks and after that I will cut it out completely. It's mainly to taper off it safely. During those two weeks, I will take 50MG/day bicalutamide and after that I will cut the dose down to 25MG/day. I will still be using estradiol and dutasteride.

I will report on any side effects too!

How comes you are quitting spironolactone?
Is there any particular reason.

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m sure this question has been answered in the forum but I can’t seem to find it :( Also for as long as I’ve been following this thread it just seems to be a generally safe place for people willing to go the distance/take real risks to cure their hair loss. I’ve also gotten lots of help from bridge and others thru DM so I feel okay asking a question here.

**After surgery to remove glands that cause gynecomastia can it still return ????**I’ve been on a number of regimens and some have helped but i keep quitting due to feminizing effects or fear of. I have the will power I just don’t want breasts. I’m finally in a place where I can afford the 6 or so thousand dollars for the surgery in a few months. Can I just pay for the surgery and then get back on the drugs without the same worry ? Any help is appreciated.

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How possible do you guys think it is to get ANY regrowth by just carefully amping up estrogen and not touching DHT/T levels.....

seems unrealistic but got I want @bridgeburn 's gains.

I have just ordered some dexamethasone (thoughts on that?) to increase aromatase activity cause I feel like thats one of the most important
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9284093

My current approach is trying to go for the androgen receptor with Fisetin and Baicalin in a oil-in-water transdermal cream with a bunch of other stuff

Fisetin:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18922931
Baicalin:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24496985

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s mainly because of the nausea, and tiredness. And, because it’s such a weak anti-androgen.

I haven't had the same sides as you, no tiredness or nausea, 1 month 7 days in, my libido is lower and my nipples are still sensitive though. Obviously not seeing any results yet but im hopeful, read good things about spironolactone working for some people. I will consider a stronger regimen in 5 months time if i don't see any results.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't had the same sides as you, no tiredness or nausea, 1 month 7 days in, my libido is lower and my nipples are still sensitive though. Obviously not seeing any results yet but im hopeful, read good things about spironolactone working for some people. I will consider a stronger regimen in 5 months time if i don't see any results.

I am definitely an unusual case; I don’t believe most people will experience nausea and tiredness. I do believe spironolactone will most likely work for you, especially when combined with dutasteride. I have seen multiple threads of people using that combination and experiencing fantastic results.

Have you noticed changes in your skin? Has it become softer and smoother?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am definitely an unusual case; I don’t believe most people will experience nausea and tiredness. I do believe spironolactone will most likely work for you, especially when combined with dutasteride. I have seen multiple threads of people using that combination and experiencing fantastic results.

Have you noticed changes in your skin? Has it become softer and smoother?

I think i have noticed a difference in my skin, but i tend to take good care of my skin(retin-a, good moisturizers etc) but i think there is a difference. Yeah some of the threads i have seen about dutasteride and spironolactone people seem to get amazing results, im mostly worried about my crown, my hairline isn't too bad, and hairline is harder to get back than your crown so im hopeful to get some regrowth in the coming months. Regimen is dutasteride 0.5mg ed, 20mg minoxidil at night, thinking of bumping this up to 25mg once i run out of 10mg pills and just using 0.5ml of the kirkland liquid orally, works out much cheaper and of course 200mg of spironolactone, just got to hope and pray it's enough now lol

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pills aren't as effective. They don't stay in your system long enough. I don't like to put gel on my scalp because I have too much hair. I just rub it on my inner arms sometimes my stomach. I don't think applying it to the scalp makes much of a difference.
were you getting gyno even at 1-2mg E gel?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
**After surgery to remove glands that cause gynecomastia can it still return ????
generally no. There might be a tiny amount of glandular tissue that the surgeon leaves which can get puffy, but it cannot develop nearly to the same extant as it would without the surgery.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
How possible do you guys think it is to get ANY regrowth by just carefully amping up estrogen and not touching DHT/T levels.....
That doesn't make sense because estrogen decreases DHT and T.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
my hair is growing longer

P_20190523_183322_1.jpg

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
my hair is growing longer

View attachment 119684

Looks good. Considering where you started I can’t believe you’re at a point where you can expose your hairline and grow it out. Do you feel like you’re becoming more and more of an ideal version of your physical self ?

You’re also lucky to have facial hair. It’s a good balance of feminine and masculine you have going on.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks good. Considering where you started I can’t believe you’re at a point where you can expose your hairline and grow it out. Do you feel like you’re becoming more and more of an ideal version of your physical self ?

You’re also lucky to have facial hair. It’s a good balance of feminine and masculine you have going on.
Agreed at that high of E and other AA it's amazing you have facial hair