Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Spironolactone works only for few. Estrogen plays the major role in regrowth. I have been on oral spironolactone 400 mg and it is not working for me. I have receding hairline and diffuse thinning in norwood 6 like pattern.
Why do you say spironolactone only works for a few? I calculated my average daily dose of estradiol from Estrogel over the last 3 months and it is approx 1/2 mg per day. Maybe that's why I haven't seen any success yet.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do you say spironolactone only works for a few? I calculated my average daily dose of estradiol from Estrogel over the last 3 months and it is approx 1/2 mg per day. Maybe that's why I haven't seen any success yet.
Do you apply Estradiol topically?

I think Spironolactone alone won't work greatly for people who have more advanced hair loss, I guess.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Spironolactone is nothing compared to dutastride/finasteride. If you are taking estrogen in low dose, then use of spironolactone is imperative in order to enhance the effect of estrogen.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Spironolactone is nothing compared to dutastride/finasteride. If you are taking estrogen in low dose, then use of spironolactone is imperative in order to enhance the effect of estrogen.
I am taking finasteride, topical estradiol, and oral minoxidil. I will start spironolactone next week. I'm going to have so many drugs on board :(

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought Spironolactone was more effective compared to Finasteride, from what I've seen.
Finsteride <dutasteride <spironolactone <flutamide <bicalutamide <androcur

And estrogen works on the side in conjunction with an anti androgen

Spirolactone+finestride+estradiol is a powerful combo

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, it's not. Otherwise, we had been cured a long time ago.

I thought Spironolactone was just less desirable to men due to its side effects such as feminisation. Personally, I think Spironolactone would work better than Finasteride for some people. There was someone on the forums who found that the results tanked after 6 or 7 months on Finasteride, and found great results from a combination from Spironolactone and Dutasteride, with Spironolactone being the most effective.

Maave

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought Spironolactone was more effective compared to Finasteride, from what I've seen.
I guess it depends on the dose. Finasteride effectiveness will max out but you can increase the dose on spironolactone for greater effect at the risk of side effects.

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess it depends on the dose. Finasteride effectiveness will max out but you can increase the dose on spironolactone for greater effect at the risk of side effects.
Spironolactone is effective but it needs to be combined with other things like finasteride and estrodial in order to see regrowth, but you can't lose hair on heavy dose of spironolactone, it is still better than finasteride alone

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Spironolactone is effective but it needs to be combined with other things like finasteride and estrodial in order to see regrowth, but you can't lose hair on heavy dose of spironolactone, it is still better than finasteride alone
This is totally absurd. Many people on this forum have not been able to even maintain their hair on spironolactone, for example @itchymadscalp .

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is totally absurd. Many people on this forum have not been able to even maintain their hair on spironolactone, for example @itchymadscalp .
Well, that's because many guys think that they are balding and cry about it but when they upload a photo, their hair is actually doing okay, @itchymadscalp is an exception, he has androgen upregulation from taking heavy anti androgen and then dropping them into dutasteride, with these types of regimen you have to start small and build up, you cant jump from a strong treatment to a weaker one, your receptors will upregulate and become resistant to the drug, stop whining, you have hair, ok

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, that's because many guys think that they are balding and cry about it but when they upload a photo, their hair is actually doing okay
You are saying this in context of me but you are totally ignorant. I went to see a hair transplant doctor for possible correction of my hairline but he refused to perform any surgery because I have significant thinning in norwood 6 pattern. He said I will eventually evolve into a nowwood 6.

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly man. I saw the picture a few pages ago and the hair is ridiculously thick.
@Father_of_Shiseido - You need to start seeing other surgeons and doctors. You are obsessing over hairloss when it is barely evident. The hair is sooo bloody thick, it's laughable that you think you are going to develop Norwood 6 pattern.
Yea this has to stop, there are plenty of video games to kill time with, being on this forum with a full head of thick hair is dumb

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly man. I saw the picture a few pages ago and the hair is ridiculously thick.
@Father_of_Shiseido - You need to start seeing other surgeons and doctors. You are obsessing over hairloss when it is barely evident.
I am not like @AnxiousAndy , I have a genuine balding problem and that even my family says I am balding. I am repeating it again, photos are not the best way of tell if someone is balding or not. Leave your expertise behind. That guy @Sonolmn98 even did not do enough search about role of AA in stopping androgenetic alopecia. There are plenty of people who went bald while on spironolactone.

Last edited:

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Sonolmn98 : I think Dutasteride is stronger than Spironolactone (for hair loss). Spironolactone lost its effectiveness after some time (I just saw another topic on reddit about that today).
I have androgen receptors upregulation. And to counteract it ... I'm trying very high dose estradiol ... Injection 1ml every 5 days (40mg/ml), it's my last hope.
How much estradiol are you taking ? Sublingually ?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say being ignorant is as dumb as f*** you pervert.

Honestly, I don't think people should take advice from the guy who has a full head of hair yet claims he's a NW6 and says Spironolactone can make you bald. Unless you can explain how it can make you bald with proof.

Do you even know what an NW6 is?

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say being ignorant is as dumb as f*** you pervert.

He's not pervert, because he has (almost) no sex drive. He's pure now :p

I'm sorry but your hair loss is not as bad as you said, I thought you really had almost no hair, and obviously you have plenty of hair. Like @AnxiousAndy , but he has a lot more hair than you, indeed. I won't say you're not balding, but maybe it's not so bad. I hope your regimen will work for you and you won't end having no hair at all on the top of your head.

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, not everyone need to be on this extreme protocol, if you are a nw1, then taking finasteride with spironolactone is more than enough to stop the baldness from progressing, a small dose of estradiol may help in regrowth, me and @bridgeburn are taking heavy doses of estrogen and are castrated because we had advanced baldness

I think this will work for 99% of guys
200mg of spironolactone + 5mg finestride+4mg of estradiol

If you are still losing hair in that protocol then you are delusional