Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Question for you, I’m going on spironolactone because my sebum production is wayyyy to much on dutasteride and in general. I get bad itching from my seb derm so I need to nuke some of that. Do you notice less oil on Cypro? I’ve never read that it can help with sebum, but theoretically it should with reduction in T

Yes my hair is way less oily now. I only have to wash my hair once or twice a week. I still have dandruff but I have no itching at all.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes my hair is way less oily now. I only have to wash my hair once or twice a week. I still have dandruff but I have no itching at all.

Damn that’s wild. Can’t imagine having no itching hahah. Why does it seem like everyone uses Cypro of spironolactone? Did you weigh the two and ultimately decide on Cypro?

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn that’s wild. Can’t imagine having no itching hahah. Why does it seem like everyone uses Cypro of spironolactone? Did you weigh the two and ultimately decide on Cypro?

spironolactone has more side effects like frequent unrination and dehydration which was making me dizzy sometimes.

how long you are on cypro?
and do you feel any regrowth or thickening?

4 and a half months, I was on spironolactone for a month and a half before that. I've been slowly regrowing hair everywhere including my temples which were the worst hit area.

Kornel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey BridgeBurn,
How fatigued are you on this regimen? And we’re you really tired on Cypro? I’ll have spironolactone hopefully next week, but I’m still on the fence with being on it lol. I ordered 400 pills at 25mg so I can toy around with doses for a while. Lemme know how the test Inhibition made you feel ( besides the gyno)

Where did you get your spironolactone from?

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
Where did you get your spironolactone from?

I got it from in-house pharmacy.

spironolactone has more side effects like frequent unrination and dehydration which was making me dizzy sometimes.

4 and a half months, I was on spironolactone for a month and a half before that. I've been slowly regrowing hair everywhere including my temples which were the worst hit area.

Where’d you get Cypro? Too bad I have 400 spironolactone pills now hahaha. I’m just scared shitless about killing my sex drive. My test was 508ng/dL and the reference range was like 200-800 here. So I figure if I can get it to around 300ng/dL, maybe I’ll be good and just reap the hair benefit.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was just going to ask this. I am yawning and exhausted all day even after sleeping 9 hrs a night. Is this due to drop in testosterone? What are you guys doing to keep your energy levels up?
I used cypro for 6 weeks and only after a couple weeks my libido dropped off signifigantly on only 25mg twice a week. So for me that was good enough and im not a small guy at 6'2 190lbs. But i didnt feel tired. Cypro in small doses seems good enough if your taking E with it for the purpose of hair regrowth it just might take longer. You have to play around with the dose to see what is optimal for you. I'll also add that i had problems sleeping at night but not sure if that was just me or coincidental

Dayday

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is no coincidence. Flutuations in hormones affect the circadian rhythm (the internal body clock)

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is just one thread on a massive forum.
hahaha, I'd say its a bit more than that, its got 140,000 views and has the highest number of replies in the success story section of the World's most popular English-speaking hairloss forum. I guess I'm a goddamn celebrity ;)
bridgeuburn what do you think of my hair https://imgur.com/AQ97e4H
It looks really red.. did you dermaroll? other than that, maybe the crown is starting to go but its hard to tell if the reflected flash is making it look worse.
Hey BridgeBurn,
How fatigued are you on this regimen?
I'm not, I feel fucktastic

And we’re you really tired on Cypro? I’ll have spironolactone hopefully next week,
yeah a bit tired in the beginning. I think E helps a bit with energy. and when you start this isn't what you're used to.
Lemme know how the test Inhibition made you feel ( besides the gyno)
I feel pretty mellow and more focused on my creative ambitions now that I don't feel like wanking constantly.
I feel like I was lifted from a fog and blessed with freedom to live a new life without the fear of hat-prison. (as well as the fear of forgetting to clear my search history)
I feel healthier.
I feel less disgusting.
I feel feelings themselves very strongly.
I feel less pretentious
I don't fantasize about killing people as much
Yeah almost everybody feels really tired in the beginning. For a lot of people it takes a few months for their body to get used to not having as much test around and then they start feeling better. What helps me is taking a low dose of cypro. lately i've been taking only 12.5 mg every other day and I feel better.
Part of the fatigue might be due to prolactin. Estrogen increases it some but Cypro increases it by a f*****g Ton. And I know that prolactin is increased during sleep, after orgasm, and from sauna so it seems to be associated with relaxation.
I don't even have dandruff :) and I used to have alot
Why does it seem like everyone uses Cypro of spironolactone?
cypro is stronger and has a longer half life

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah i just got finished dermastamping in that pic bridge, do you think im so far gone i should adopt your regime, or wait and see what dutasteride, oral minoxidil, topical minoxidil and dermastamping will do first? Yeah the flash doesn't help, probably makes it look slightly worse, im not sure.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I try spironolactone mainly because I will have it. I’m not looking to be on a full blown trans regimen.. hopefully I can get some results without having to grow breasts.. I’ll keep you updated on my progress or lack thereof in like three months since spironolactone takes a while to have skin effects. Hope your results keep on getting better each day dude!

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought I was the only one. So that makes two of us. I have trouble inducing sleep. Sometimes I sleep at 4 AM. I still sleep for 8-9 hrs but invoking sleep is a big deal.
My alarm is set for 5:30am, when I was taking Cypro I strangely kept waking up between 3:00 and 3:30am and could never just roll over and fall asleep again

Dayday

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My alarm is set for 5:30am, when I was taking Cypro I strangely kept waking up between 3:00 and 3:30am and could never just roll over and fall asleep again
I was the exact same when i first started taking propecia. I kept waking up almost dead on like 2am for like a week or so. Its all to do with the hormones adjusting/changing.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Thats so weird I had the same experience, I'd wake up at 3:00am consistently for at least 3 months

Baldman47

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got it from in-house pharmacy.

Where’d you get Cypro? Too bad I have 400 spironolactone pills now hahaha. I’m just scared shitless about killing my sex drive. My test was 508ng/dL and the reference range was like 200-800 here. So I figure if I can get it to around 300ng/dL, maybe I’ll be good and just reap the hair benefit.

Your free T is more important, as that can be freely floating around attaching itself to the scalp receptors. I personally have lower than average total T, but my free T is higher as I have low SHBG. Which is bad for hair, because it can bind to the AR and convert into DHT as well.

Nobody is gunna think its strange to wear a shirt all the time, they will think its strange if you wear a hat all the time.

Ain't that the truth. I wear a hat constantly becuz of my hair, and I just sense that people think it's weird, one dude even asked me "Why do you wear a hat all the time?" I just said i was balding and he understood. But it shows that people see it as you're trying to hide something from them, they just NEED to see your hair (or lack of). I think it's because of social status.

Last edited:

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Seen as this thread is about hormones, have any of you guys heard about elevated levels of the hormone prolactin causing hairloss?
My lvls are at 394mu/l and the normal range is between 86-324.
Aparantly a tumor on the pituitary gland can cause it which has me a bit worried.
I don’t have any of the other systems such as gyno and erectile dysfunction. Nor do I have issues with my thyroid. I’m gonna have to go to the doctors about this I’ll let you guys know ☹️.

Guido

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
¿¿Hola! Bridgeburn Cómo estás?? ¿Cómo fue la evolución de la pelusa en tus dienes ... Creo que tengo algo en la línea del frente que me hace feliz ... si crezco tendré una línea de semicírculo ... ya que me doy cuenta si están recuperando el cabello o productos para el cabello

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think one advantage of suppressing testosterone is how it clears my mind when it comes to sexual thoughts. LOL!
Honestly, not feeling horny all the time is freeing in some sense.
Many of the guys that are brave enough to try this end up saying something very similar after realizing how liberating it is to lose libido. Its something we usually think of as a good thing and hard to imagine when pumping full of T, but when we actually lose it It's nice.
I wish we males slowly evolved with our bodies using and surviving on low test.

Our ancestors needed such high testosterone in their times because they had to go out and hunt in the wild etc and needed aggression. I don't think the modern lifestyle even requires so much testosterone to survive.
you may be on to something, in the future humans might elvove with less. Apparently past generations of men had more testosterone than they do today:
https://bigthink-com.cdn.ampproject...elationships/men-have-less-testosterone-today

oh and also the Y chromosome is disappearing:
https://theconversation-com.cdn.amp...disappearing-so-what-will-happen-to-men-90125

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think one advantage of suppressing testosterone is how it clears my mind when it comes to sexual thoughts. LOL!
Ever since I started taking finasteride 2 years ago, I've noticed how my horniness increased dramatically due to drop in DHT and rise in Testosterone.

After taking cypro and EE, the decrease in test has me feeling great. Honestly, not feeling horny all the time is freeing in some sense. I wish we males slowly evolved with our bodies using and surviving on low test.

Our ancestors needed such high testosterone in their times because they had to go out and hunt in the wild etc and needed aggression. I don't think the modern lifestyle even requires so much testosterone to survive.
What are the sexual side effects you are facing?

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
Idk about you guys, but there definitely has to be a mid point in being horny all the time and not horny ever... killing your sex drive is ridiculous. I do agree that finasteride bumps T and can increase the sexual thoughts as it happened to me. In that case, finding the right dosage of whatever, (spironolactone,Cypro,etc..), that can give you control is the way to go.. not nuke it entirely lmao

I did hate having a high libido all the time and not being able to focus. I go through periods on dutasteride where some days my sex drive is low and other days it’s out of control. I’m honestly looking forward to being on spironolactone to have control over it